Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

MrGarfield
Old 02-07-2022 , 14:08   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #991

really sorry i thought i was in the right post
Siska1
Old 03-15-2022 , 05:28   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #992

How to make vot with this plugin at the beginning of each map ?
Send a message via Skype™ to Siska1
maNIaRO
Old 04-03-2022 , 14:51   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #993

Hi all,
Does anyone know why plugin start votemap at the very neginning of the map?
Every start of map, plugin initiate a vote according to min or mid players.
How can I cancel that? Why is like that?
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2022 , 22:50   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #994

I do not see the point in starting the voting at the start of the map, but if you read the settings file `galileo.cfg` you should be able to find an option that satisfies you.

The min or mid players feature can be disabled by settings or set to your liking.

You can also start the voting with say command as documented on the first post/documentation.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
Siska1
Old 04-04-2022 , 04:27   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #995

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
I do not see the point in starting the voting at the start of the map, but if you read the settings file `galileo.cfg` you should be able to find an option that satisfies you.

The min or mid players feature can be disabled by settings or set to your liking.

You can also start the voting with say command as documented on the first post/documentation.
I have been reading this cfg for two months now and I can't understand anything and nothing is working properly. A vote came out a thousand times in a row and I couldn't stop it. Besides, I want to have a vote at the beginning of each map, but I don't see such an option ...

Last edited by Siska1; 04-04-2022 at 04:28.
Send a message via Skype™ to Siska1
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2022 , 17:40   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #996

> A vote came out a thousand times in a row and I couldn't stop it.

I think I made this plugin quite customizable, so, if mess with the settings values (timers/times, etc), unexpected things could happen. Maybe this is a bug with new versions of AMXX. I developed this mostly against 1.8.2, I am not sure if this behaves the same on the latest AMXX version.

> I have been reading this cfg for two months now and I can't understand anything and nothing is working properly

My English was not so good at the time, but I do not think it was so bad. Anyways, if this does not work for you, you could try the original Galileo or some other votemap plugin.

> Besides, I want to have a vote at the beginning of each map, but I don't see such an option

I would say there are numerous ways of starting the vote map at the beginning of the map (changing plugin the code, for example), but I do not see how it would work. If the map just started, the players have barely joined and selected teams and why would they have to change the map once again? Perhaps changing the timelimit to something like 5 minutes and adjusting some end-of-map setting times.

I looked at the settings file, the setting you would require is this `gal_endofmapvote_before`, but sadly I did not implement the feature yet. If I had implemented this, and your map timelimit is 25 minutes, you could set this to 24 minutes to start the map voting right after the map had started.
Code:
// This cvar specify how many minutes before the time limit expiration the map // voting will to start. For example, if this cvar is set to 5, then the map // voting will to start 5 minutes before the time limit countdown reaches zero, // i.e., expires. // // If both this cvar and `gal_endofmapvote_start` are enabled, the map voting // will start soon as the first of them gets on the desired time. Also both of // these cvars consider the minimum time the voting can start. For example, if // you set this cvar to 1, but the total voting time takes 2 minutes, then this // cvars will be ignored and the voting will to start 2 minutes before the time // limit expiration. // // Default: 0 gal_endofmapvote_before 0 // TODO this cvar is not implemented yet.

To do this, I advise restoring the settings files to their original values and then, you would have to change this part of the code and make it accept the voting near the map start instead of near the map end:
Code:
File: addons/amxmodx/scripting/galileo.sma 6945:         // Are we ready to start an "end of map" vote? 6946:         if( secondsLeft < START_VOTEMAP_MIN_TIME 6947:             && secondsLeft > START_VOTEMAP_MAX_TIME ) 6948:         { 6949:             new endOfMapVote = get_pcvar_num( cvar_endOfMapVote ); 6950: 6951:             // Here we treat a special case. There were not enough rounds saved, but we already hit 6952:             // the vote_manageEnd(0) which is only called on the last seconds of the map. Then just 6953:             // to start the voting right now. 6954:             // 6955:             // Note: Only timed maps are susceptible to this problem, maps guided by fraglimit, 6956:             // maxrounds and winlimit are good to go. 6957:             if( isTimeToStartTheEndOfMapVoting( endOfMapVote ) 6958:                 || ( endOfMapVote 6959:                      && !g_isTheRoundEnded 6960:                      && g_totalRoundsSavedTimes < MIN_VOTE_START_ROUNDS_DELAY + 1 ) ) 6961:             { 6962:                 start_voting_by_timer(); 6963:             } 6964:         }

The new code could be something like this where 20 means to start the map voting 20 minutes before the map end. Assuming you timelimit it 25 minutes, this would start the voting after 5 minutes the map started.
Code:
File: addons/amxmodx/scripting/galileo.sma 6945:         // Are we ready to start an "end of map" vote? 6946:         if( secondsLeft < 20 * 60 ) 6947:         { 6948:             start_voting_by_timer(); 6949:         }

This is not tested and may require some changes somewhere else on the code I may have put some protection. You should enable the debug mode as explained in the first post and see the logs yourself.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
Siska1
Old 04-04-2022 , 18:56   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #997

I vote at the beginning of the map because I could not vote in the gungame after the end of the game, and there is a winner motd. I use a map manager, but after choosing a map then rtv and map nominations do not work. So I started looking for another plugin that does the same thing.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanations, but it seems too complicated.
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2022 , 23:31   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siska1 View Post
I vote at the beginning of the map because I could not vote in the gungame after the end of the game, and there is a winner motd. I use a map manager, but after choosing a map then rtv and map nominations do not work. So I started looking for another plugin that does the same thing.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanations, but it seems too complicated.
Well, you should have mentioned that your actual issue is that you're using GunGame because it's a really easy fix. I created a fix to GunGame 2.13c to add support for Galileo here (this new version is 2.14). Download gungame.sma in the scripting folder and then compile it locally and replace your existing .amxx file.

Let me know how it goes and I'll merge it into master.

EDIT: If you happen to be running Day of Defeat, I updated that one for Galileo support a few months ago and can be found here.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-04-2022 at 23:47.
maNIaRO
Old 04-06-2022 , 08:39   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #999

@addons_zm I have one question please.
My CSGO CLassy mode doesn't count on the time during the game, but is counting on rounds. 15 rounds and then team changes and another 15 rounds.

Your plugin counts the timeleft somehow on rounds and when i type "timeleft" on chat show 20 rounds, or 23 rounds etc.

This is not in concordance with my mod rounds and creates confusion.
Please tell me how can I disable timeleft command in chat, only timeleft, all other to remain (like nextmap, currentmap or thetime)
And also to disable the hud message with Timeleft: 21 rounds etc..

Thank you for your help
quraish
Old 05-19-2022 , 06:01   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #1000

author can you add the feature of destroying the previous menu when mapvote is starting. like in deathmatch and Kreedz there are already menus displaying on the players screen, those menu are not getting destroyed when map vote comes...
can you add this in the script, if its possible.... menu_destroy(anymenu)

Last edited by quraish; 05-19-2022 at 06:02.