Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I'm getting DDOS by some hater

Post New Thread Reply   

braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2016 , 13:16   I'm getting DDOS by some hater
Reply With Quote #1

I was running servers 6 years and I'm stop my servers for my life problems almost 6 month ago
since 4 days ago I'm getting almost 20 ~ 50Gb of DDOS and I'm tired of this problem
I already report my problem to korea cyber police and I capture all traffic with wireshark
I'm so angry at this so I want to sue him and hope he go to jail also get crime record penalty for life time but I never sue any people in my life...
does anyone sue somebody with this kind of problem?
I'm just wondering my sue plan so I need help with this... I know you guys don't know korea law but I think cyber crime is same at any country so I need your advise for my problem.

thanks for reading this
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2016 , 13:28   Re: I'm getting DDOS by some hater
Reply With Quote #2

if you are not running servers anymore why are you getting ddos?
how did you find out who was dosing you
Old 07-11-2016 , 19:35   Re: I'm getting DDOS by some hater
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
if you are not running servers anymore why are you getting ddos?
how did you find out who was dosing you
I was running servers and I shutdown for my life problem in this situation my donors want to me a 50% refund from my ingame store system even they use that feature for years more and now they want me a refund lol
I'm gentely said can't do the refund but they start being hater and I think one of my donor DDOS my computer (just my thinking but I think this is right)

I don't have any problem but my donors they are so furious about this...

My store is customized with alongub's store(redwolf version) and have lot's of features before but some GSLT banable features are gone and that's the beginning of this riot kinda things start happen also it's credit base system every 5min they get their randomly distributed credit and some users (donors) purchase some credit and latest purchase are made in at least 1 year before
(this is the problem of my server.. I can't afford server bills)

I was placed my server rule in motd there was this comment " If our server close or shutdown for various problem we can't do any rollback or refund please be noticed"
I give my html file to them but they are not belive me
even I give them cached page still don't belive me

I don't want to deeply think about this but DDOS attacker must get punishment

I call the lawyer yesterday and I think I'm ready to deal with this but I need some advise from this anything is good if it relate with ddos or dos attack and lawsuit

Thanks

Last edited by braak0327; 07-11-2016 at 19:37.
Send a message via Skype™ to braak0327
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-11-2016 , 23:20   Re: I'm getting DDOS by some hater
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
I don't want to deeply think about this but DDOS attacker must get punishment

I call the lawyer yesterday and I think I'm ready to deal with this but I need some advise from this anything is good if it relate with ddos or dos attack and lawsuit
Well, I'd like to wish you good luck on this one...

If it is a serious "DDOS" attack, the attack isn't done from one - but several sources. And never from a source that can actually be traced back to the person that "started" it.

You have no ways of proving that a specific person were behind the attacks, and as such, what you are trying to accomplish is more a waste of time than anything else.

The best you can do is to eventually move to another provider that has a stronger network, eventually with either free DDoS protection, or free filters that take most common attacks.

If you aren't 100% successful with finding one that can withstand the attacks you are receiving, then don't ever give the trolls any "feedback" on the attacks happening:

Ignore the attacks, like nothing happened. If people put up questions regarding the downtime, make up some acceptable stories, such as that your provider performed some maintenance that they didn't notify you about, or any similar stories. Don't let them know they succeeded on killing your stuff (temporarily)!

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2016 , 08:37   Re: I'm getting DDOS by some hater
Reply With Quote #5

why not just get a new ip?
howd he get your computer's ip in the first place?