CS:GO Glow Menu
A request made in this post - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=306534
A menu which players can enable Glow to themselves.
The colors that are shown on the menu can be changed in a config file.
Also, the glow can be restricted to a certain flag and has 4 different styles to use.
Some screenshots are in the github (link below), soon will be added in this post.
- sm_glowcolor_style (1 by Default) - It changes the Glow Style to the players (Min 0, Max 3). WARNING: If you set the style to 0, the glow can be seen through walls;
- sm_glowcolor_default (255 255 255 by Default) - Default Glow Color for players which haven't choosed the color from the menu. Empty will disable it;
- sm_glowcolor_flag (Empty by Default) - Restrict the Glow to players with a certain flag.
- Drag the file named colors.cfg to addons/sourcemod/configs/glow_colors.
- Drag the file named csgo_glow_menu.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins.
- Drag the file named csgo_glowcolor_menu.phrases.txt to addons/sourcemod/translations.
- Drag the file named csgo_glowcolor_menu.cfg to cfg/sourcemod.
- Load the plugin or just wait for the next map.
- Change the ConVars as you wish in the file csgo_glowcolor_menu.cfg located in cfg/sourcemod
Q: This plugin can lag my servers massively?
- (To Show the Glow to everyone): Set your server with the sv_force_transmit_players ConVar to 1
- (To Compile): ColorVariables - https://github.com/PremyslTalich/ColorVariables
R: Since transmits need a little more resource from where your server is hosted, it can lag the server.
If that happens, change the cvar sm_glowcolor_default
to "", or restrict the glow to a certain flag, changing the cvar sm_glowcolor_flag
Q: The Glow can be seen through walls?
R: As I said above, if you set the cvar sm_glowcolor_style
to 0, everyone can see the glow through walls. However, no matter which style you choose, the glow can be seen through smokes. If I find a solution for this, I'll update the plugin ASAP.
Many thanks to: