Raised This Month: $246 Target: $400
 61% 

Notices

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
eyal282
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Old 03-04-2018 , 11:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #791

I see some people complain that the plugin crashes servers, is it fixed or still happening?
__________________
Accepting private work.

myGaming unique coded versus no VIP no premium.
eyal282 is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ♫ Harmony ♫
Old 03-04-2018 , 22:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitian View Post
[...]
Zoey, AFAIK, currently crashes for Windows users due to her character receiving garbage/corrupted data pointer.
__________________

"Juunen go no watashi e, ima wa shiawase de shou ka?"
cravenge is offline
eyal282
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Old 03-05-2018 , 04:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Zoey, AFAIK, currently crashes for Windows users due to her character receiving garbage/corrupted data pointer.
And Linux?
__________________
Accepting private work.

myGaming unique coded versus no VIP no premium.
eyal282 is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ♫ Harmony ♫
Old 03-07-2018 , 08:43   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #794

Still works flawlessly as of now! I really love custom models! (I used Windows as a test)





Note: Credits belong to the original makers of these models. Just edited and recompiled each one to become a custom character instead of replacing a default character's model.



__________________

"Juunen go no watashi e, ima wa shiawase de shou ka?"

Last edited by cravenge; 03-07-2018 at 08:46.
cravenge is offline
oceanyss
Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Old 05-03-2018 , 04:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Still works flawlessly as of now! I really love custom models! (I used Windows as a test)





Note: Credits belong to the original makers of these models. Just edited and recompiled each one to become a custom character instead of replacing a default character's model.




I'm assuming the arms still belong to the original survivors? Because I've been racking my brain in trying to get the custom ones working to no avail. Also, what's the precache model limit? Because I doubt you can put in tons of models in there before the server crashes
oceanyss is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ♫ Harmony ♫
Old 05-09-2018 , 10:27   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #796

Just got back from another long vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanyss View Post
[...]
I only previewed the ones with world view as the first person view ones have got a bit of buggy atm.

Also, I think there's no precache model limit. I already have 20 custom models added in my servers and I haven't encountered crashes regarding them.
__________________

"Juunen go no watashi e, ima wa shiawase de shou ka?"

Last edited by cravenge; 05-09-2018 at 10:46.
cravenge is offline
Shadowysn
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malaysia,Miri
Old 05-12-2018 , 03:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
The Passing CSM Fix 2.0

Inspired by DeathChaos25's The Passing Fix.

Description: Fixes the bug where players with L4D1 survivors are teleported away or kicked on The Passing.

New features:
- Francis can now play the entirety of c6m1 without getting kicked (no temporary character change)
- L4D1 survivors can now play the entirety of c6m3 without getting teleported or kicked on versus (no temporary character change)
- L4D1 survivors on c6m3 coop: the temporary character change that prevents teleport/kicking now lasts a mere 0.1 second. The L4D1 bots can still assist in the finale.
Timing is a bit off for Francis and Louis (and possibly the real Zoey) if they are controlled by players.
The fix to prevent getting spawned at where the unplayable L4D1 Survivors start at, for some reason, works with the bots but not with people.
I (playing as Francis) saw my hands and icon get changed to Nick, but at the wrong time it reverts back to my original character before the L4D1 survivor positions get called for, causing the glitch.

All of this happened within a local server.

EDIT: (Further testing, if i play as Louis the fix works as intended on me. Not sure what it means but it might be random.) << This doesnt appear to be the case.

EDIT 2: Aggghhh, confusing. The plugin began to work, and no one is getting teleported now. Maybe something to do with the plugins first startup on the map that's messing with the time?

Last edited by Shadowysn; 05-12-2018 at 04:05.
Shadowysn is offline
Crasher_3637
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2012
Old 05-12-2018 , 05:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
Timing is a bit off for Francis and Louis (and possibly the real Zoey) if they are controlled by players.
The fix to prevent getting spawned at where the unplayable L4D1 Survivors start at, for some reason, works with the bots but not with people.
I (playing as Francis) saw my hands and icon get changed to Nick, but at the wrong time it reverts back to my original character before the L4D1 survivor positions get called for, causing the glitch.

All of this happened within a local server.

EDIT: (Further testing, if i play as Louis the fix works as intended on me. Not sure what it means but it might be random.) << This doesnt appear to be the case.

EDIT 2: Aggghhh, confusing. The plugin began to work, and no one is getting teleported now. Maybe something to do with the plugins first startup on the map that's messing with the time?
Refer to what I said in response to your post on the Left4Downtown2 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Local servers are not reliable for handling SourceMod. If you want to host with full SourceMod compatibility, host a dedicated server. Local servers are more for testing simple plugins or messing around in by yourself. I've tried hosting a local server before and I always encountered bugs with various plugins returning errors that otherwise don't show up when on a dedicated server.
__________________
Crasher_3637 is offline
GuStAvOS
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Old 06-04-2018 , 23:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #799

hello cravenge ... I like bastenate your HUD configuration "HardCore Modded Coop" I have it but only in the corner on the right

Can you help me with that?
__________________
GuStAvOS is offline
Sunyata
Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Old 07-11-2018 , 03:50   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #800

I don't know if this is doable for this plugin, but I'm wondering if the script can be modified to replace the l4d2 characters with just l4d1 characters - just for 4 player co-op - online and single player. Could it be done on map start using a Cvar in the config file to set it to switch to the l4d1 bots? and still use the csm/csc commands for switching to any others characters as well?

Thoughts anyone?
Sunyata is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode