Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 17:36   [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

Many people came to me to do or edit this and that plugin, wich definitly break the Valve/Steam rules.

By plugins wich break the rules, I mean those (exemples) :
* Weapon Skin (CS:GO)
* Steam group auto inviter (General)
* Bot on server that act like players
* GSLT token protection/system anti-ban
* etc.
You get the idea.

I politly decline, and usually, they don't give up, one argument was :
"Valve is setting their price too high, I can't/don't want to pay for this over priced item"
"I don't have enough players on my server, help a small community, you are a bad person if you don't" (<-- I added the last part, but you get the idea)

Now, I somehow got enough of this.

People who break the rules, please tell me why you REALLY do it and if you are understanding what you are doing.

Because to me (correct me if I am wrong), you are just trying to do get 10-12 players (temporary) players on your server by implicity breaking the rules (that Valve/Steam made), wich result in even more restrictions from Valve/Steam (ex. CSGO, steam "premium" account, etc) and it end up destroying THE WHOLE COMMUNITY (Sourcemod, Metamod, WHAT YOU RUN ON YOUR SERVERS).

I can't possibly understand people that are THAT dumb.

Steam is GIVING you dedicated server, someone people destroyed their butthole to poop something such as Metamod and Sourcemod and yet you still find a way to complain.

Now, I'm not looking for hate, I just won't to understand the motiviation behind this.
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:01   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #2

Honestly, I think they just don't care. They're the type of people who will just do what is convenient for them and not think about others. Just a lack of empathy.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:03   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #3

I belive it's more like they don't understand / know what's really going on...

EDIT:
I'm afraid that the targeted people won't show up here.

Last edited by Arkarr; 07-09-2018 at 18:06.
KarmanHardon
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:06   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Honestly, I think they just don't care. They're the type of people who will just do what is convenient for them and not think about others. Just a lack of empathy.
This.

I've been playing CS since 1.5 and never seen that amount of stupid people until nowadays.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:07   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmanHardon View Post
This.

I've been playing CS since 1.5 and never seen that amount of stupid people until nowadays.
Can't we do anything against them ? Reporting is such a very slow and unefficient way to deal with...
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:13   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Can't we do anything against them ? Reporting is such a very slow and unefficient way to deal with...
I think the best thing we can do with that (and also a thing that always worked) is that just ignore them, or get away from where they are, If we all do this they should eventually disappear.

In the other side, as some movie said, you can't take off the people right to be douchebags.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:21   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I think the best thing we can do with that (and also a thing that always worked) is that just ignore them, or get away from where they are, If we all do this they should eventually disappear.

In the other side, as some movie said, you can't take off the people right to be douchebags.
I wish I knew this movie, this simple quote make me feel like it's a great movie.

It make sense. But someone how, Valve won't. Since people can pay some kind of subscription to unlock their contents for a lower price.
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:29   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I wish I knew this movie, this simple quote make me feel like it's a great movie.

It make sense. But someone how, Valve won't. Since people can pay some kind of subscription to unlock their contents for a lower price.
If I remember right, the movie is Demolition Man (1993)

I don't know what do you mean with that subscription thing. I payed for CS long time ago.

Edit: I see is some kind of CS:GO thing LOL, I have CS:GO but I never play I'm more into CSS.

Last edited by KarmanHardon; 07-09-2018 at 18:40.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2018 , 18:40   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
If I remember right, the movie is Demolition Man (1993)

I don't know what do you mean with that subscription thing. I payed for CS long time ago.
It's not just CS, but all games. For exemple, you can unlock the rank of let's say "Donator" on some shady server by donating through paypal or whatever and then unlock some perks, such as changing your weapon skins.
Old 07-09-2018 , 19:00   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
It's not just CS, but all games. For exemple, you can unlock the rank of let's say "Donator" on some shady server by donating through paypal or whatever and then unlock some perks, such as changing your weapon skins.
Still don't know what do you mean, I never saw a server asking money to unlock weapon skins or whatever, except on Fornite I guess, but that is official and not shady.

Anyway, If you complain about I guess you have legit reasons to do maybe because you saw things I didn't and you didn't like them. I'm not playing games 24/7 so maybe i'm a bit off of this world.