Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2014 , 15:55   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #271

Here's a little sneak peek at the upcoming overhaul. Note how these are ALL SEPARATE FILES.

friendly.inc
Spoiler

friendly_nortd.sp
Spoiler

friendly_pumpkins.sp
Spoiler

friendly_nogoomba.sp
Spoiler

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-02-2014 at 15:58.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2014 , 16:26   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #272

suggestion for rewrite, a forward called before someone is made a friendly that plugins can use to deny or allow someone to be friendly.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2014 , 16:29   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #273

That's been part of Friendly Mode since the July 17th 2013 update. It is the first forward listed in all versions of the include file.
Old 04-08-2014 , 06:23   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #274

what would be the cvar for change it to like another admin flag im guessing in admin overides i would have to input this sm_friendly_targetothers "what ever flag i want maybe?" like that ?
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-12-2014 , 12:31   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #275

First of all, thanks for the plug-in! and all the work that has obviously gone into updating and improving it over time!

Regarding this ...
Quote:
A way to distinguish Friendly players without alpha changing.
I do find the alpha-changing somewhat confusing for servers (like mine) that also have the "Roll-the-Dice" plug-in also - since RTD's "God Mode" throw also uses alpha-changing.

Some alternate suggestions:
  • Some sort of "glow" effect instead of the alpha-change?
  • Make "friendly" players only visible to other "friendly" players? (like this option the best myself, it would be like being in an alternate "phase" of existence).
  • Forcing a particular custom model - not normally associated with any class? (seem to recall some "Poni" servers doing something like that).
Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited by Weasel; 04-12-2014 at 12:32.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2014 , 20:20   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #276

All of these things have been discussed in past pages in the thread. I eventually want to create sub-plugins for all of them.

The second option (which would involve SDKHook_SetTransmit) is problematic in certain respects. I'm having difficulty having it apply to heavies who have any sort of minigun equipped, and whenever an "invisible" pyro shoots his flamethrower, users who cannot see the pyro will see a random stream of flame at the last location that their game client knew the pyro to be at. I'm working on it though. I've just been swamped with real life lately, and I'm still working on the massive fucking overhaul of the plugin at large.
Old 04-12-2014 , 20:51   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #277

No problemo. Certainly, not urgent compared to anything IRL.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2014 , 07:24   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
All of these things have been discussed in past pages in the thread. I eventually want to create sub-plugins for all of them.

The second option (which would involve SDKHook_SetTransmit) is problematic in certain respects. I'm having difficulty having it apply to heavies who have any sort of minigun equipped, and whenever an "invisible" pyro shoots his flamethrower, users who cannot see the pyro will see a random stream of flame at the last location that their game client knew the pyro to be at. I'm working on it though. I've just been swamped with real life lately, and I'm still working on the massive fucking overhaul of the plugin at large.
Also abought that forward, can you add another parameter that says if the player is going into or out of friendly, just having one on any toggle isn't what I really need it for.
Edit: Also can you make forward work with non-self-toggled friendly use.

Last edited by WildCard65; 04-13-2014 at 12:35.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2014 , 13:03   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Also abought that forward, can you add another parameter that says if the player is going into or out of friendly, just having one on any toggle isn't what I really need it for.
That's what the second parameter is for? @_@
Quote:
Edit: Also can you make forward work with non-self-toggled friendly use.
Hahaha i actually started working on this recently. Here's what the line in the inc will look like (so far, anyway)
PHP Code:
/**
 * Called when Friendly is toggled to determine if the toggle actually happens. Return Plugin_Continue
 * to allow the toggle. Return Plugin_Stop to deny the toggle.
 * Plugins using TF2Friendly_SetFriendly can optionally bypass this forward and cause it to not be called.
 * @param client        Client Index.
 * @param enabling        TRUE if Friendly is being ENABLED, false if it's being DISABLED.
 * @param plugin        A handle to the plugin making the toggle request.
 * @param reason        Optional parameter, indicates the reason that the plugin is making the request.
 *                         The meaning of this value depends on the plugin making the request. Some plugins
 *                         might not even use it at all.
 */
forward Action:TF2Friendly_OnToggleFriendly(clientbool:enablingHandle:pluginreason); 
Old 04-14-2014 , 06:48   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 14.0208.0)
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
That's what the second parameter is for? @_@

Hahaha i actually started working on this recently. Here's what the line in the inc will look like (so far, anyway)
PHP Code:
/**
 * Called when Friendly is toggled to determine if the toggle actually happens. Return Plugin_Continue
 * to allow the toggle. Return Plugin_Stop to deny the toggle.
 * Plugins using TF2Friendly_SetFriendly can optionally bypass this forward and cause it to not be called.
 * @param client        Client Index.
 * @param enabling        TRUE if Friendly is being ENABLED, false if it's being DISABLED.
 * @param plugin        A handle to the plugin making the toggle request.
 * @param reason        Optional parameter, indicates the reason that the plugin is making the request.
 *                         The meaning of this value depends on the plugin making the request. Some plugins
 *                         might not even use it at all.
 */
forward Action:TF2Friendly_OnToggleFriendly(clientbool:enablingHandle:pluginreason); 
Now that a forward that will be very very useful.