Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[L4D] Achievement Notifier

Post New Thread Reply   

ZNemesis
Old 03-26-2009 , 01:36   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #31

I have independantly written an update to this mod which includes Nothing Special.

Compared to the other versions of this mod:
* Being incapacitated now disqualifies you for achievements correctly
* Nothing Special is not disqualified if you are hit while someone else has vomit on them
* Voting to restart the campaign will not reset the achievements (until the new round starts)
* Performance improvements

I have extensively tested my mod.

I don't know if witch damage counts towards disqualification of Nothing Special. I'm going to go with random Gamespot forum poster and say it doesn't, but I've added the code anyway, so its a simple uncomment to enable it.

Thanks to everyone else who worked on this mod, so I didn't have to learn SourceMod from scratch.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (achievementnotifier.sp - 1034 views - 10.2 KB)
Dark Kill 1s
Old 04-16-2009 , 10:53   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #32

this looks really great,
and if i understand it good,
then i can join a randon server and this will just work?

Dark Kill 1s

Last edited by Dark Kill 1s; 04-18-2009 at 11:53.
Roachy
Old 05-04-2009 , 01:00   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #33

I'm running ZNemesis' mod of this plugin, with the witch code uncommented (because I was always under the impression that witch damage counted as ruining the Nothing Special achievement), and it seems to crash the server on map change sometimes.

Any ideas?
slims
Old 05-09-2009 , 09:23   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #34

This is the worst plugin ever. I love the idea, but when implemented on a 1.0.1.3 server it cost me hours of game time. Every version in this thread causes the server to crash at one map change or another, nullifying entire campaign achievements. The ones that claim to track Safety First correctly in fact just track it correctly until the 3rd level, where they break too. The Nothing Special mods crash on the second level every time.

I'm a developer myself so I understand not having time to dedicate, especially if you already have the achievement.
This is mostly a warning to those who want to use this to help them along in their achievements - DONT!
BarkerJr
Old 05-09-2009 , 16:57   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #35

It doesn't crash for me. And it's running on 120 servers, so you may be blaming the wrong plugin.
Send a message via Skype™ to BarkerJr
ZNemesis
Old 05-12-2009 , 08:08   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #36

I am attempting to replicate the crashes people are experiencing. So far, I have gotten it to crash under Vista x64, I have no idea why it is different to XP x86, where it doesn't crash. Also when a client connects to a dedicated server on the same computer, it can crash. I don't have a Linux machine to test the dedicated server there.

In the meantime, here is a small update:
  • Will no longer track achievements in survival mode or custom versus maps.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (achievementnotifier.sp - 864 views - 10.2 KB)
PatPeter
Old 06-22-2010 , 21:47   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #37

Alright I have questions for everyone and the two below.

To everyone:
I used this plugin on a server not my own months ago. We tried to get barf bagged. Now obviously if you get barfed and you all die it resets the achievement counter in VALVe's achievement system. This plugin didn't. When we got barfed, we purposely wiped and it still said we were ineligible, it did not reset.

So my question is is this fixed in the OP's or anyone else's (4 other versions) posted?

To you two:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild1234 View Post
Well, here is a little attempt I made to make it track nothing special. Don't think it will count an attack from a witch as she oddly seems to count the same as being hit by a normal zombie on the player_hurt event. But if you don't notice when she hits you, you have more problems than just trying to get that achievement

Seems to work from the testing I've done so far, hopefully somebody will find this useful.
Did you work on your plugin from Vicious Angel's version of the plugin or the OP?

Also, for the witch I would try to register from when the witch activates to when a player incaps (teammates save him) or dies (if the player was B&W). If the witch incaps a player (player_hurt has the source of the damage does it not?), Nothing Special is ineligible. If the witch kills someone (player_death) then Noting Special is ineligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNemesis View Post
I have independantly written an update to this mod which includes Nothing Special.

Compared to the other versions of this mod:
* Being incapacitated now disqualifies you for achievements correctly
* Nothing Special is not disqualified if you are hit while someone else has vomit on them
* Voting to restart the campaign will not reset the achievements (until the new round starts)
* Performance improvements

I have extensively tested my mod.

I don't know if witch damage counts towards disqualification of Nothing Special. I'm going to go with random Gamespot forum poster and say it doesn't, but I've added the code anyway, so its a simple uncomment to enable it.

Thanks to everyone else who worked on this mod, so I didn't have to learn SourceMod from scratch.
So you based this post off the OP's and not Vicious Angel's? Or did you really start the entire thing from scratch?

GameSpot is a horrible source, witches and tanks do indeed nullify Nothing Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNemesis View Post
I am attempting to replicate the crashes people are experiencing. So far, I have gotten it to crash under Vista x64, I have no idea why it is different to XP x86, where it doesn't crash. Also when a client connects to a dedicated server on the same computer, it can crash. I don't have a Linux machine to test the dedicated server there.

In the meantime, here is a small update:
  • Will no longer track achievements in survival mode or custom versus maps.
Custom versus maps don't track achievements?
nedd
Old 08-02-2010 , 18:38   Re: [L4D] Achievement Notifier
Reply With Quote #38

I use this plugin on my server, works well.
Thanks Fexii and ZNemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
GameSpot is a horrible source, witches and tanks do indeed nullify Nothing Special.
Tanks nullify, witches do not.

Use the report function in the console when playing to see for yourself.