Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Take over a BOT and continue playing after you die
    Old 05-12-2013 , 19:25   [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:
    After you die, you can take over a BOT from your team and continue playing. By default, the first take over costs $1000 of your in-game money, and by default the prices goes up $250 each time. These amounts are configurable, see the Cvars and Installation sections below for details. To take over a BOT, spectate the BOT and you should see a message at the bottom of the screen telling you if you have enough money to take over the BOT.

Cvars:
    bot2player_version - returns the plugin version
    bot2player_enabled - 0 disables, 1 enables
    bot2player_price - Starting cost to take over a BOT (resets each map). Default=$1000
    bot2player_increase - Amount to raise price each time a player takes over a BOT. Default = $250

Installation:
    As of version public.2013.06.13.18.13, all files are included in the .zip file. You can merge the zipped cstrike folder with the existing cstrike folder on your server. Check bot2player_public.cfg for user-configurable options.

Dependencies/Requirements:
    SRCDS configured for CS:S, MetaMod:Source, and SourceMod 1.5 or higher (may work with older SM versions and the SDKHooks extension). No other plugins, extensions, or other files not included here are required.

Known Issues:
    Known Issues that MIGHT be fixed:
    1. In certain cases, players can take over a BOT even after the BOT has died.
    2. Occasionally players are able to keep weapons they got from the BOT take over into the next round (i.e. the teleport/weapons strip doesn't always work). I have not seen this error in so long that I am ready to strike it out as of version public.2013.06.23.23.46.

Known Issues that will NOTbe fixed:
    A. There is a slight delay - a second or two - before certain primary weapons respawn after taking over a BOT. The m4 and tmp are weapons known to have this delay.
    B. Occasional error messages for invalid weapon entities
    C. Occasionally, you will take over a BOT that is in a position that leaves you "stuck" in/against an object. Taking over a BOT that is crouched will often leave you "stucK".
    D. Every single "client not connected"/"client not in game" error.
    With all due respect to other coders here, any code routine that does anything involving a client should already check that the client has the connection/in-game state required to do whatever it was you were trying to do in the first place. Redundant code just sucks. For example, to check what team a client is on, as in GetClientTeam(), should already check that the client is connected. If you get a spam of errors, I might fix it. For one or two errors, it's harmless, and you are free to modify the code any way you wish.

License:
    In addition to the required GPL license, all of the attached files are NO-BSware and complete freeware. Use any of it in any way you wish. It would be nice to mention me or give thanks, but not required. Nothing is required unless specifically required by the GPL license.

Special Thanks:
    Grognak: The author of the [TF2] Take Control of Bots plugin, which inspired me to do this plugin for CS:S.
    DoPe^ For testing and suggestions.
    thetwistedpanda: For coding help & suggestions.

Changelog:
    Version public.2013.06.30.15.51: Changed a check fixed in the last version from IsClientConnected to IsClientInGame. Changes start at line 297 in the source code.
    Version public.2013.06.23.23.46: Again, added some checks to suppress harmless error messages.
    Version public.2013.06.13.18.13: Added some checks to suppress error messages. Changed to .zip file format.
    Version public.2013.05.20.16.48: Fixed known issue #2, but there has been very little play testing. Players should no longer be able to take over BOTs that have died.
    Version public.2013.05.15.17.13: Several things here. First, changed the file names: removed the period and replaced with an underscore: bot2player_public.*. Removed the hardcoded 4.7 weapon strip delay (thanks to thetwistedpanda ) and based delay on mp_restart_round_delay. Added cvars for the starting cost and price increase for taking over a BOT. Added .cfg file for those cvars. Moved some code around and did general clean up.
    Version public.2013.05.14.19.47: Added some client connected checks to reduce error spamming
    Version public.2013.05.12.18.56: Initial release.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip bot2player_public_2013_06_23_23_46.zip (90.0 KB, 1834 views)
    File Type: zip bot2player_public_2013_06_30_15_51.zip (90.0 KB, 5206 views)

My plugins:
    [CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
    [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 06-30-2013 at 15:56.
    DoPe^
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-12-2013 , 19:33   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #2

thanks! gonna test this out right away :p

edit:

I have noticed if you have taken control over a bot, and you win the round, you then get randomly teleported some where, like in dd2 you get teleported into a wall at t spawn.

And also, I don't now if it should do it, but when you take control over a bot, and you win the round you will spawn the next round with a pistol and not the weapon you had when you took over the bot.

Last edited by DoPe^; 05-12-2013 at 19:42.
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-12-2013 , 20:05   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoPe^ View Post
    thanks! gonna test this out right away :p

edit:

I have noticed if you have taken control over a bot, and you win the round, you then get randomly teleported some where, like in dd2 you get teleported into a wall at t spawn.

And also, I don't now if it should do it, but when you take control over a bot, and you win the round you will spawn the next round with a pistol and not the weapon you had when you took over the bot.
    This is all by design DoPe^. Originally, I just stripped the weapons from the player. Of course, players were picking up weapons, in some cases ones that were just stripped. I feel that the BOT takeover should not be a "freebie". You have to pay money, and you are stripped of weapons after the round - win or lose. In some cases on some maps, you might be able to get away with picking up a weapon after that teleport, but it's rare. I feel you should go back to stock pistol and buy all of your weapons again, otherwise it really isn't challenging enough. On the brighter side, you keep the money you made after taking over the BOT, and you won't get killed very often after a round has ended if you've taken over a BOT, due to the teleport.

So the teleport and the stripping of weapons is related and by design.

My plugins:
    [CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
    [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 05-12-2013 at 20:06.
    DoPe^
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-12-2013 , 20:16   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    This is all by design DoPe^. Originally, I just stripped the weapons from the player. Of course, players were picking up weapons, in some cases ones that were just stripped. I feel that the BOT takeover should not be a "freebie". You have to pay money, and you are stripped of weapons after the round - win or lose. In some cases on some maps, you might be able to get away with picking up a weapon after that teleport, but it's rare. I feel you should go back to stock pistol and buy all of your weapons again, otherwise it really isn't challenging enough. On the brighter side, you keep the money you made after taking over the BOT, and you won't get killed very often after a round has ended if you've taken over a BOT, due to the teleport.

So the teleport and the stripping of weapons is related and by design.
    alright :p just wanted to know.
    DoPe^
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-14-2013 , 05:10   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #5

errorlog is getting spammed with this

L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] Native "GetEntData" reported: Entity 1 (1) is invalid
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bot2player.public.smx":
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] [0] Line 405, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :GetMoney()
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] [1] Line 263, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :Event_PlayerDeath()

L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] Native "GetEntData" reported: Entity 2 (2) is invalid
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bot2player.public.smx":
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] [0] Line 405, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :GetMoney()
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] [1] Line 263, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :Event_PlayerDeath()
    CrooztModder
    Old 05-14-2013 , 06:20   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #6

not works for me

Log eror anywhare xD

Send a message via Yahoo to CrooztModder
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-14-2013 , 06:55   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    errorlog is getting spammed with this

L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] Native "GetEntData" reported: Entity 1 (1) is invalid
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bot2player.public.smx":
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] [0] Line 405, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :GetMoney()
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:08:42: [SM] [1] Line 263, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :Event_PlayerDeath()

L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] Native "GetEntData" reported: Entity 2 (2) is invalid
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "bot2player.public.smx":
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] [0] Line 405, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :GetMoney()
    L 05/14/2013 - 11:09:28: [SM] [1] Line 263, C:\Users\Mikkel\Desktop\bot2player.public.sp: :Event_PlayerDeath()
    Spam? You've got a full 40 seconds there between those 2 sets of messages. Those just look like clients who left the game. Those are harmless, as well as the error messages that indicate invalid weapon entities.

My plugins:
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-14-2013 , 06:56   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrooztModder View Post
    not works for me

Log eror anywhare xD
    What's wrong?

My plugins:
    DoPe^
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-14-2013 , 08:21   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    Spam? You've got a full 40 seconds there between those 2 sets of messages. Those just look like clients who left the game. Those are harmless, as well as the error messages that indicate invalid weapon entities.
    I didnt post the whole log.

here you go
    http://pastebin.com/mxcM1B10

If you don't call that spam, I don't know what you would call it then.
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-14-2013 , 19:53   Re: [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    I didnt post the whole log.

here you go
    http://pastebin.com/mxcM1B10

If you don't call that spam, I don't know what you would call it then.
    I put some checks for the client being connected in, and uploaded a compiled version. I didn't realize the web compiler wasn't working on with that source.

Edit: And thanks for the feedback DoPe^. I appreciate it.

My plugins:

Last edited by Bittersweet; 05-14-2013 at 19:54.