Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block

Post New Thread Reply   

Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 10-29-2012 , 00:03   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #21

Reflex, I suggest adding a feature to prevent buildings from being sapped while in the no-kill mode. It's pretty easy to cause a rage quit knowing that an engineer can't really do anything about your sappers.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-29-2012 at 00:05.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2012 , 00:24   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #22

removing sappers is pretty easy, but you have to do it on a timer or it bugs the removal with particles/sounds. Also, if a spy spams it as an engineer removes it, it may crash the server. You would have to do something to prevent recurring saps, like teleport the spy away, or damage them for some amount of damage, or slay them so that chain sapping will not occur.

Perhaps there's a different way than killing the entity, like preventing spies from applying the sapper with sdkhooks, but I haven't tried doing that.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2012 , 02:51   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #23

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171518 as example
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2012 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
chain sapping with this technique will crash your server.

Rewrote this to switch sentry flags, and ratio scale the boss, seems to work pretty well. Sentries still die because I decided against making them immune to damage/sappers. Also didn't bother to make sentries not target buildables. Doesn't seem like a big problems, most engineers will just build their stuff on their own side anyway. Only problem really is that when the boss dies, the sentry will start killing again. Would be wise to put it on a timer to give people time to enter the portal, if you decide to add the feature. Just remember to hook inventory application to reapply the flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
This works excellent. The only problem we had, is when boss disappears (viaduct_event) and the portal is still open, killing can resume and people were raging at those not letting them in the portal to finish up after the boss kill. I presume this is unavoidable since the boss is gone and the code allows for that.......other than that, excellent plugin! Thanks again!
Didn't see this until now. All of the event kill/left/despawned can be 1 function call to a timer to resets the values (disble damage, sentry target, whatever else you add). Just close it's handle when the round ends/restarts if you want to cancel the timer, though it shouldn't be an issue if it executes again anyways since it's just setting things back to default, and won't happen hardly ever anyways.

Last edited by friagram; 10-29-2012 at 09:44.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2012 , 12:43   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Reflex, I suggest adding a feature to prevent buildings from being sapped while in the no-kill mode. It's pretty easy to cause a rage quit knowing that an engineer can't really do anything about your sappers.

yeah with this plugin and the boss appears....we had quite a few people complain that their buildings were being destroyed but they couldn't do anything about it.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2012 , 13:16   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
yeah with this plugin and the boss appears....we had quite a few people complain that their buildings were being destroyed but they couldn't do anything about it.
You can just target all buildable entities and set them to invincible with m_takedamage when the boss spawns, and revert it when he's gone.

I have used this plugin before (building godmode, http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=171518) with the sapper removal, and if a spy sits there sapping it'll crash fairly often. If you really want to use sapper removal, I suggest you track the individual buildable entity, and make sure that you only remove a single sapper on it every X seconds. Like use an array of bools and store the entity id, and execute a timer of 1 second or so every time you call the remove sapper timer, to lock out further remove sapper calls for that window. That way you won't have it bugging out and crashing you. That, or just slap/teleport/slay spies for sapping, and leave the sappers to be dealt with by engineers.

I don't really know what causes the crash, there's nothing in the logs, it just engine errors when you chain saps too quickly. I assume too many remove timers are piling up and hitting simultaneously, or something like that.

Last edited by friagram; 10-29-2012 at 13:17.
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-29-2012 , 19:47   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #27

Version 1.0.2 Released

Changes:
* Added CVar for if buildings are to receive kill block effects.
* Now removes sappers from spies during a boss encounter. (Requires TF2Items)
* Made sentry guns not target the other team during a boss encounter.

You should recreate your config file for the CVars to work properly.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Last edited by ReFlexPoison; 10-30-2012 at 10:51.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-29-2012 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #28

Add in a cvar to enable all talk 1 when boss is out and go back to 0 when gone please... adds communication for all when tryin to find him when hidden.
Infomaniac
Old 10-29-2012 , 22:17   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #29

Clicking the get plugin option gives me an "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author." error
ReFlexPoison
☠☠☠
Old 10-29-2012 , 22:34   Re: [TF2] Halloween Boss Player Kill Block
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
Clicking the get plugin option gives me an "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author." error
Not compileable via forums. Either download the raw smx. file or compile locally with the proper include files.