Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D Server problem

Post New Thread Reply   

diesel_power
Old 07-17-2017 , 03:27   L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #1

The problem is this, in the versus mode, the server does not go to the next map, even if all the survivors were rescued or died, i.e. The map is standing still and nothing happens

Tried on a pure server and with meta / source mods with plugin FMC, same situation

any solution?
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2017 , 14:05   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power View Post
The problem is this, in the versus mode, the server does not go to the next map, even if all the survivors were rescued or died, i.e. The map is standing still and nothing happens

Tried on a pure server and with meta / source mods with plugin FMC, same situation

any solution?
I have no clue how to help you here.

FMC could mean anything.

Commission me for L4D
diesel_power
Old 07-18-2017 , 04:25   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
I have no clue how to help you here.

FMC could mean anything.
Force Mission Changer

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=727428
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2017 , 09:48   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #4

Try this instead.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1463891

If the map is not changing from like nomercy 1 to nomercy 2 maybe the logic entities are being killed e.g. info_mapchange remove all the plugins if it still happens RIP server

Commission me for L4D
diesel_power
Old 07-19-2017 , 02:25   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Try this instead.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1463891

If the map is not changing from like nomercy 1 to nomercy 2 maybe the logic entities are being killed e.g. info_mapchange remove all the plugins if it still happens RIP server
Server for L4D1, plugin for L4D2 (Unfortunately I do not know how to write code, so I can not add support for the required game)

The problem is most likely not in the plug-in, but in the server, because without mod next map also does not change

I will describe in more detail:
On one server it was so that you could play even one player, i.e. it was not necessary that at least one player in the same team

In server.cfg i added sb_all_bot_team 1, the bots actually pass the map themselves, but on the first or second map, when the teams change places, the round_end trigger does not work and the match results are not displayed. Can this be due to corrupted files or do i need some other manipulations with server.cfg?

thanks for answers
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2017 , 13:26   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power View Post
Server for L4D1, plugin for L4D2 (Unfortunately I do not know how to write code, so I can not add support for the required game)

The problem is most likely not in the plug-in, but in the server, because without mod next map also does not change

I will describe in more detail:
On one server it was so that you could play even one player, i.e. it was not necessary that at least one player in the same team

In server.cfg i added sb_all_bot_team 1, the bots actually pass the map themselves, but on the first or second map, when the teams change places, the round_end trigger does not work and the match results are not displayed. Can this be due to corrupted files or do i need some other manipulations with server.cfg?

thanks for answers
It can support l4d1 too, just have to edit the map names in the plugin to l4d_* maps
also, i'v not played with l4d1 in a while so i'm not sure how much that cvar effects the game unlike l4d2.

Rebuild your server and try with standard sourcemod see if the issue is still there.

Commission me for L4D
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-21-2017 , 13:37   Re: L4D Server problem
Reply With Quote #7

I think this is related to a cvar, could be the sb_* cvar mentioned above.. maybe a simple plugin to count alive players on event death, and if 0 set the cvar off. You should replicate that situation, then test various related cvars and see if the game ends. Otherwise it's a plugin causing this (most likely by cvar though). There are several situations this happens but I can't remember anymore.