Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.7

Post New Thread Reply   

[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 18:28   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #21

The cooldown code hasn't changed, and with delay being 0 it will honour the director (so if your ghost spawn min/max's are 15/20, it will take that long before being available again - but sometimes the director lowers that value to something like 5 secs if there's not many in play). If you show the hud and stay as a ghost and let some of your players die do you see the (C) cooldown symbol for that infected? and you're able to change to it? while you see it? (assuming you're playing a 4v4 game with limits set to 1). You could also enable zcs_debug and see if it's showing class is cooling down/not able to select while class is cooling down/class released.

sm_cvar or just using the cvar does return the values for me, in console. Also using sm_cvar from client console returns the values also. You trying something like rcon zcs_enable ? or rcon sm_cvar zcs_enable ? As they work for me also.

ne0chaos,

Yes that could be possible (I prefer no cooldown either =) .. I'll note it for something in future.

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 03-20-2010 at 18:31.
ne0cha0s
Old 03-20-2010 , 18:35   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #22

ok, glad to be of help =P, also could i talk to you about making the mods? i haven't messed too much with the source files yet, but i have some knowledge in c# and c++ and was interested on trying to do some modding of my own. could i pm you? or vice versa?

-999-
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 22:15   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #23

Pebkac. I had 0.8.8 from your site but the binary was actually 0.8.7b, didn't realize the one from this thread would be diff/newer. Hence the zcs_enable didn't exist, and a couple of the other cvars have changed.

/slaps own hand
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-21-2010 , 05:00   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #24

Question: on my 10vs10 server I get the message: class limit reached, use current class or wait when trying to switch zombies.

However, my smoker hunter and jockey z_limit are on 10, because I want those 3 infected always to be available (unless you have been one of them the round before). Boomer, charger and spitter are on 3.

When I set respect server limits to 0, people can choose any type of infected even the one they have been before that, although allow last class is on 0.

So is there any way to fix this? I'm using the latest version of course.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Edit:

Forget my post please, I'm an idiot. I've been setting z_smoker_limit instead of z_versus_smoker_limit. Now it works

Last edited by marvel; 03-21-2010 at 05:16.
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-21-2010 , 07:44   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #25

Could it be that this plugin is crashing your server? I have a linux 20vs server and as soon as I add this plugin it crashes within the hour after its full with a segmentation fault
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2010 , 11:13   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #26

marvel,

last class check requires respect limits to be on 1. Respect limits 0, is pretty much an override which allows you to choose whatever class you want, anytime.

The crash, hmmm not experienced that unless there's a conflict - what else do you run? Could you try possibly 0.8.7b and see if it still crashes? If that does not, then it may be down to the UserID changes in 0.8.8.
ne0cha0s
Old 03-21-2010 , 14:54   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #27

hey [X]BetaAlpha, i had a couple questions for you. first is about the numbering on the infected limits. there are 3 numbers, and i'm not sure what the last number is.
e.g. there is currently one jockey spawned, so the first number is 1, there is a max of two jockeys, so the second number is 2, but the last number is 1 and i have no idea what that means. it looks like this: [1/2/1]. and another thing, i have it so that the HUD should be showing, but on my screen it's not. any suggestions?

[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2010 , 16:00   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #28

ne0cha0s,

Ok, confused.com - how you seeing those numbers if you can't see the HUD? (probably prior version?) =) Anyways, the last number is the (z_*_limits), so if you have z_smoker_limit set to 2, it will show the last number as 2. The main reason it's there is simply because of bots - bots seem to honour these limits and not the z_versus_* limits - so you if you count fake bots in limits, and your limits are 1, you could see 2/1/1 (the count being the total of the two). I'm hoping valve may improve on their infected bots - even though I have limit checking for players while a bot is in play, It doesn't control their bots from not coming into play - this would be easier if they just honoured the same limits. Perhaps infected bots by MI is better in this case.

The HUD shows only when you're in ghost - if you did enable the HUD using the cvar after round start, it will start to show from next round start (reason being if people choose not to have the HUD, it won't keep an unnecessary timer going throughout the round). So zcs_show_hud_panel is 1 in your config?

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 03-21-2010 at 16:13.
marvel
BANNED
Old 03-21-2010 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]BetaAlpha View Post
marvel,

last class check requires respect limits to be on 1. Respect limits 0, is pretty much an override which allows you to choose whatever class you want, anytime.

The crash, hmmm not experienced that unless there's a conflict - what else do you run? Could you try possibly 0.8.7b and see if it still crashes? If that does not, then it may be down to the UserID changes in 0.8.8.
I've been trying both versions already, and as soon as I activate the plugin the server crashes within the hour with segmentation fault 11 and restarts, a core dump file is being written. Before the crash, and even during gameplay, everything is more laggy as well. When I remove the plugin everything is fine again.

I'm not running a lot of plugins. I'm running Sourcemod 1.3.1, MM 1.80, L4Dtoolz 1.0.0.9 and the latest superversus I think 1.5.4 (on linux). I can get you a full list of my server config if you feel like digging in to it.

This is the error it gives me on both my servers. When I remove the plugin the error dissappears and my servers keep running.

Code:
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
[New process 5866]
[New process 5873]
[New process 5867]
[New process 5869]
[New process 5872]
#0  0xb6d63d0e in ?? ()
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-21-2010 , 17:29   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #30

marvel,

Hmmm.. do you see anything error before it seg faults? does it work say at 9v9? I'm wondering if it's caused by a high entity/edict count.. this can start to cause lags before an eventual crash. Do you have cvar's configured that increase uncommon zombies etc? if so can you reduce that. I run a 10v10 myself and have used that for testing but not had it crash or lag within the hour. I have many customised cvar's, but don't have many that actually increase too much (just simply because 10v10 default can sometimes be laggy in itself). However if the plugin conflicts with increased counts on larger servers - it's something I may need to look into deeper. Might be good to see your config.. I do also have in debug an entity count (that shows the counts and limit which is 2048, if you do enable debug - do you see this number hitting close to 2048 before it crashes?) Is the crash happening in game or map change (or both)?

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 03-21-2010 at 17:58.