Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Need Help with CFG

Post New Thread Reply   

Kolaxie
Old 06-27-2022 , 06:25   Need Help with CFG
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone, i kinda need help about something, i'm currently working on a CFG and no matter what i do, if i give the boss a tf_wearable it make the server crash upon giving it to the boss, is that a known issue or can it be fixed?
NoloZero01
Old 06-27-2022 , 08:19   Re: Need Help with CFG
Reply With Quote #2

Hello.
When it comes to server crashes, it is always a good idea to provide the Accelerator report link.
Accelerator is an extension that handles crash reporting, and it is pretty much a must-have for all servers.
If you don't have it installed, please get it here AlliedModders thread. After installation and configuration are complete, cause a crash again and send the crash ID here (can be found at sourcemod/logs/accelerator.log).
Kolaxie
Old 06-27-2022 , 10:26   Re: Need Help with CFG
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoloZero01 View Post
Hello.
When it comes to server crashes, it is always a good idea to provide the Accelerator report link.
Accelerator is an extension that handles crash reporting, and it is pretty much a must-have for all servers.
If you don't have it installed, please get it here AlliedModders thread. After installation and configuration are complete, cause a crash again and send the crash ID here (can be found at sourcemod/logs/accelerator.log).
Hello, i do have the plugin installed here is the crash ID:

Code:
Uploaded crash dump: Crash ID: Y7GT-CPCV-QTNR
I don't really know what that mean so if i could get a little help with it i would appreciate : )
Naydef
Old 06-27-2022 , 12:20   Re: Need Help with CFG
Reply With Quote #4

Most probably your EquipWearable gamedata is outdated, there was TF2 update several days ago.

Open the sourcemod/gamedata/equipwearable.txt file and make sure that the virtual indexes match these: windows = 435, linux = 436, macos = 436.

If they don't match, make them match. After that restart the server.

Edit 1:
If the crash doesn't go away, then maybe it's time to show us the config. The wearable you are trying to equip should be in "wearableX" section, unlike weapons which are inside "weaponX" section.

Edit 2:
Now that I checked the crash report once more, I saw sdktools.ext.2.tf2.dll!WeaponEquip [vnatives.cpp:1293 + 0xf]. So this means Edit 1 applies to you most probably.

Steam:
naydef

Last edited by Naydef; 06-27-2022 at 12:29.
Kolaxie
Old 06-27-2022 , 14:18   Re: Need Help with CFG
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naydef View Post
Most probably your EquipWearable gamedata is outdated, there was TF2 update several days ago.

Open the sourcemod/gamedata/equipwearable.txt file and make sure that the virtual indexes match these: windows = 435, linux = 436, macos = 436.

If they don't match, make them match. After that restart the server.

Edit 1:
If the crash doesn't go away, then maybe it's time to show us the config. The wearable you are trying to equip should be in "wearableX" section, unlike weapons which are inside "weaponX" section.

Edit 2:
Now that I checked the crash report once more, I saw sdktools.ext.2.tf2.dll!WeaponEquip [vnatives.cpp:1293 + 0xf]. So this means Edit 1 applies to you most probably.
Crash did stop but the boss doesn't get his wearable (i just forgot to put the number before)

Edit1: nvm i fixed it

Code:
        "wearable1"
        {
                "name"          "tf_wearable_demoshield"
                "index"         "131"
                "show"          "1"
	}

Last edited by Kolaxie; 06-27-2022 at 14:28. Reason: nvm i fixed it