Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting

Post New Thread Reply   

MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 16:51   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #21

Really handy, many thanks!

Matt
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2009 , 18:12   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #22

Great work, awesome job man.
Old 09-06-2009 , 16:42   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Here's a link to 5.1.4 till this plugin works with 5.4.x

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=653152

It doesn't?

5.1.4 crashed an awful lot for me, so i wanted to try and fix this for 5.4.5 ... but it works all by itself? xD

EDIT:

I see he updated it this summer, maybe thats why

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 09-06-2009 at 16:45.
Bigbuck
Old 09-06-2009 , 16:45   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #24

I was having crashes in 5.4.5 and never narrowed it down to which plugin was causing it. Have you had any issues with 5.4.5 Stryker? Mine would just lock up and then say it crashed.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2009 , 07:55   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #25

5.1.4 works but crashes quite often for no reason...

Where do you get 5.4.5? From official one?
Old 09-15-2009 , 08:49   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #26

I'm not particularly sure why certain implementations of autocomplete work in different versions, I went off of the spec they had on their sourceforge wiki page- I wrote a program to generate it to that spec so it should be 100% compliant, but its clearly abusing the autocomplete functionality as it was never ment to hold paragraphs, just a few words. Still i've written entire plugins in N++ without it crashing or sometimes editing one line will cause it to lock up, and i'm really not experienced with N++ enough to debug their autocomplete system. I've read that Programmers Notepad says they have support for API XML in the same format as N++ but I coudln't find instructions on how to get them working properly. I like Programmers Notepad better as it is so if anyone wants to play around with it and maybe get the autocomplete working on there it might save the N++ crashing problems.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2009 , 05:25   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #27

5.4.5 has yet to crash for me a single time, its beautiful. Although Autocomplete kicks in and out ... but if i just wanted that, i'd use the SourcePawn Editor.

N++ coloring is just SOOOO much better.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2009 , 07:49   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #28

Yeah, N++ coloring is sexy, i agree
Old 09-17-2009 , 10:20   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #29

Yea I <3 np++ coloring
I just wish I knew how to edit this thing to make it turn decl the same color as new

Edit: did it lol
Anything else you want changed/added I can try to do
Attached Files
File Type: zip np++ sm syntax highlighting.zip (63.7 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 09-17-2009 at 10:38.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2009 , 19:13   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #30

Yes, add 'String' to have the same color as 'Float'. Ah nevermind did it myself.

Oh and change 'stock' to have the same color as Action ... i also changed bool to it

A little advice: When you want to share something like this, don't do it in some obscure 7zip format only 7zip can open.

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 09-17-2009 at 19:21.