12% 

Giving a model a weapon

Post New Thread Reply   

Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2004 , 08:21   Giving a model a weapon
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
// Create the weapon entity new iEntWeapon = create_entity( "info_target" ); // Set the entity's class entity_set_string( iEntWeapon, EV_SZ_classname, "weaponbox" ); // Set it to follow (so it will follow its owner) entity_set_int( iEntWeapon, EV_INT_movetype, MOVETYPE_FOLLOW ); // Make the weapon solid entity_set_int( iEntWeapon, EV_INT_solid, SOLID_NOT ); // Set the owner of the weapon to be the entity you want to have the weapon entity_set_edict( iEntWeapon, EV_ENT_aiment, iEntOwner ); // Assign the weapon entity a model entity_set_model( iEntWeapon, "models/p_m4a1.mdl" );

I put a list of the models in this array so you guys can use this to give it a random weapon or something (BUT YOU MUST change the model's sequence to match the weapon).

Code:
new szWeaponModels[31][32] =     {         "models/p_knife.mdl",            // 0         "models/p_deagle.mdl",            // 1         "models/p_glock18.mdl",            // 2         "models/p_p228.mdl",            // 3         "models/p_usp.mdl",                // 4         "models/p_flashbang.mdl",        // 5         "models/p_hegrenade.mdl",        // 6         "models/p_smokegrenade.mdl",    // 7         "models/p_xm1014.mdl",            // 8  CT T                  "models/p_m3.mdl",                // 9  CT T                  "models/p_m3super90.mdl",        // 10 CT T                "models/p_awp.mdl",                // 11 CT T                  "models/p_m249.mdl",            // 12 CT T                  "models/p_scout.mdl",            // 13 CT T                  "models/p_ump45.mdl",            // 14 CT T                  "models/p_mp5.mdl",                // 15 CT T                  "models/p_p90.mdl",                // 16 CT T                  "models/p_c4.mdl",                // 17                      "models/p_elite.mdl",            // 18                          "models/p_galil.mdl",            // 19 T                  "models/p_ak47.mdl",            // 20 T                  "models/p_sg552.mdl",            // 21 T                  "models/p_g3sg1.mdl",            // 22 T                  "models/p_mac10.mdl",            // 23 T                  "models/p_shield.mdl",            // 24                      "models/p_fiveseven.mdl",        // 25                          "models/p_famas.mdl",            // 26 CT                    "models/p_aug.mdl",                // 27 CT                        "models/p_m4a1.mdl",            // 28 CT                    "models/p_sg550.mdl",            // 29 CT                    "models/p_tmp.mdl"                // 30 CT            };

I'm posting this because I was trying to figure this out for a long time, then I found a resource on google that talked about MOVETYPE_FOLLOW and it explained the above. So enjoy

Last edited by Geesu; 07-07-2006 at 13:53. Reason: taking off caps
Send a message via AIM to Geesu Send a message via MSN to Geesu
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2004 , 13:00  
Reply With Quote #2

GJ Pimp Daddy. Would the same thing work with DoD? Using a DoD gun model I mean.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 11-12-2004 , 13:09  
Reply With Quote #3

Added into helpful / useful stuff
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2004 , 16:15  
Reply With Quote #4

So this means that the gun appears in the right spot in the player's hands. But what you said about model animation, what do you mean?
GamerXR72
Old 11-12-2004 , 16:33  
Reply With Quote #5

Could this be used to let someone buy the rocket launcher from single player half-life, from a custom menu like the warcraft 3 shopmenu, or is this just replacing the weapon model the player sees?
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2004 , 19:14  
Reply With Quote #6

you have to make sure the model's sequence is correct. I think I used 4 to hold the m4a1 and ak, etc... mp5...

Only some weapons look correct, you'll have to play with it.

And yes it works for dod...

And no this doesn't allow to add a rocket launcher.
LynX
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2004 , 06:40  
Reply With Quote #7

Actually, if you change your model, and make plugin fires rocket when that model is enabled, sure, why not?

If you think v3x is a PIMP, paste this into your sig!

If you think Bailopan is DA BOMB, paste this into your sig
Send a message via ICQ to LynX
Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2004 , 09:03  
Reply With Quote #8

Well yea you could make someone hold a rocket launcher. What I'm saying is that the code provided above won't have the functionality to shoot it. You'd just be "holding" a non-functioning rocket launcher.
[DoD]GoldenEagle
Old 07-23-2006 , 01:21   Re: Giving a model a weapon
Reply With Quote #9

Do you have to make a new...

Code:

entity_set_model( iEntWeapon, "models/p_m4a1.mdl" );
Such as...

Code:
// Assign the weapon entity a model
entity_set_model( iEntWeapon, "models/p_mp5.mdl" );

Last edited by [DoD]GoldenEagle; 07-23-2006 at 01:28. Reason: Forogt code
Major_victory
Old 08-02-2006 , 14:52   Re: Giving a model a weapon
Reply With Quote #10

how would you go about making the animations work? this is something i've always had problems with...
Send a message via AIM to Major_victory Send a message via Yahoo to Major_victory