Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2019 , 21:02   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
some good additions would be if the mod gets extended not to show the current map on the vote
I agree.

Quote:
for some reason i see mostly the same maps over and over in the vote (When mod gets extendend), it doesn't vary much with the entire map list.
How many maps are in each of your mods' map lists? The maps are chosen using a random number generator so it shouldn't be all that consistent if you have a decent number of maps.
Old 05-28-2019 , 22:34   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #992

Here is an updated version that fixes the issue of having the current map in the vote if the mod was extended. This includes both the preconfig and the end-on-round functionality. Please confirm that this fixes the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (polymorph.sma - 415 views - 29.0 KB)
Old 05-29-2019 , 15:45   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #993

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Here is an updated version that fixes the issue of having the current map in the vote if the mod was extended. This includes both the preconfig and the end-on-round functionality. Please confirm that this fixes the issue.
Then it may be that the mod doesn't have that many, i added another map to a mod (probably has 5 or 6 maps) and it wasn't showing after the mod got extended for like 3 maps, it's probably that then
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2019 , 21:25   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #994

Quote:
Then it may be that the mod doesn't have that many, i added another map to a mod (probably has 5 or 6 maps) and it wasn't showing after the mod got extended for like 3 maps, it's probably that then
This is confusing. The post that you quoted is unrelated to the number of maps that you have. The number of maps is not related to showing the current map in the map vote. I fixed this part in the version I posted above.

The number of maps will affect the variety of maps that you see in the vote. If you only have 5 or 6 maps in your list for that mode, you'll always see the same maps in the vote.
Old 05-29-2019 , 23:05   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #995

Quote:
This is confusing. The post that you quoted is unrelated to the number of maps that you have. The number of maps is not related to showing the current map in the map vote. I fixed this part in the version I posted above.

The number of maps will affect the variety of maps that you see in the vote. If you only have 5 or 6 maps in your list for that mode, you'll always see the same maps in the vote.
Yeah, i know, my bad, i quoted the wrong part, i'll be testing it tomorrow and letting you know, thanks!
Rivotril
Old 06-05-2019 , 17:04   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #996

Sorry, i completely forgot, i'll upload it now.
Rivotril
Old 06-06-2019 , 17:13   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #997

Seems to be working fine.
Rivotril
Old 06-11-2019 , 21:50   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #998

Another good addition would be the able to set a 'main' mod when the server crashes it always starts on that mod.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2019 , 01:29   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #999

Quote:
Another good addition would be the able to set a 'main' mod when the server crashes it always starts on that mod.
So, I set up something like this once before here.

P.S. If anyone cares, I've created a GitHub repo for this project where I've got branches for various branches for custom versions that I've created in this thread. Currently, the master branch includes some of the requested features and is actually newer than the one in the OP (even if it does have the same version number).
Old 11-13-2019 , 10:13   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1000

Quote:
So, I set up something like this once before here.

P.S. If anyone cares, I've created a GitHub repo for this project where I've got branches for various branches for custom versions that I've created in this thread. Currently, the master branch includes some of the requested features and is actually newer than the one in the OP (even if it does have the same version number).
Hi fysiks, I suggest you to add in the preconfig branch, after executing the preconfig, add the function server_exec(), so the .cfg is executed immediatly. I been experiencing some side-effects on my Zombie Mod X plugin because of that (I getting an old value of the cvar mp_teamlist in plugin_precache()).

It would be better to keep everything in the polymorph folder, so please change the location of poly_preconfig.cfg. Also, do not plus one to g_iNextMod to follow the same index of .cfg mods (e.g. 0_deathrun.ini, 1_zombie)

With all these modifications, the code will look like this.
PHP Code:
// Execute pre-config
get_configsdir(szMainFilePathcharsmax(szMainFilePath))
server_cmd("exec %s/polymorph/poly_preconfig%d.cfg"szMainFilePathg_iNextMod)
server_exec();