Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Lord Max
Old 09-30-2008 , 08:09   [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

I'm looking for people who'd like to help in the creation of a plugin that gives selected players a 'golden gun' which only has one shot, but the shot is an instant kill.

Is this possible? Well, I think the concept of it is, but I don't think a golden gun could actually be made. I know a weapon could be modded, eg: the scouts pictol to have one round and kill in one shot but is it possible to create a whole new weapon with it's own model?

Is there anyway this plugin could be created? If there is and someone would like to help me make it (I'm new to creating plugins and am looking for someone with much more coding experience than me).

Thanks,

Lord Max
abelp
Old 09-30-2008 , 14:00   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #2

This idea sounds strange to me, but maybe just getting a skin for the scouts gun and changing the pistol.ctx to a higher value would give it probably instant kills.
Lord Max
Old 09-30-2008 , 17:12   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #3

I have modded the *.CTX files to high heaven already, I may need to tone them down a notch.

That's what I said to the person who recommended a plugin of this sort. New models can't really be introduced into a game, it's on Valve's side of things, and can't really be implemented on the server side.

I understand about modding the *.CTX files, but I am already using them. Also - only classes with the pistol would get the benefit, and this 'golden gun' could not be picked up by any other class.

I'm guessing it's not far off impossible? However, if we could use the plugin that allows any weapon to any class we could somehow edit the code to give all players the pistol? And then pimp it up with high damage? I dunno, probably wrong, I'm just throwing some ideas around.

Lord Max
abelp
Old 09-30-2008 , 21:01   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #4

I think a golden gun would be kind of strange though
Neo Cool Dude
Old 09-30-2008 , 21:09   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #5

The TF2 RollTheDice plugin has a power of instant kill I suggest you look into it's code.
Lord Max
Old 10-01-2008 , 06:14   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Golden Gun Instant Kill Plugin
Reply With Quote #6

OK, thanks, for this. I'll look at the code but I don't have much experience in coding plugins, I just basically fiddle with other peoples code until I get it to do something that I want.I guess I could look into the dice roll plugin, but I don't know how to make a plugin from scratch and may need some help geting this plugin to do what I want it to do.Lord Max