Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Clientless server connection

Post New Thread Reply   

Dulled
Old 02-11-2021 , 20:33   Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #1

Sorry if the title doesn't explain well enough, or if wrong section. Looked at all before posting.
I'm looking for something like "Source Admin Tool/HLSW", but is a client-less server connection (player sits in spec, true player, can see chat etc as if seeing console). Been looking and can't find anything that fits. Its not a true fake player, uses a steam account, runs on a pc by itself. I normally run a client on a spare pc to have a player in my server at all times, but eventually it'll be disconnected by client errors etc..
Any help would be appreciated. Again, sorry if wrong section.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2021 , 08:32   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #2

Sound like fake players to me.
Dulled
Old 02-12-2021 , 09:02   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #3

The differences being I'm using this to remotely admin with commands that aren't available through other outlets. Yes, i can kick people using the admin tool, but they'll be back in .3 seconds. This method could allow the use of all commands through the console (Ban, writeid, writeip , ipban, mute, gag, etc).
TomL.
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2021 , 09:23   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #4

So why not use RCON (Source Admin Tool/HLSW)?

Last edited by TomL.; 02-12-2021 at 09:24.
Dulled
Old 02-12-2021 , 10:00   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #5

Going to look into that now (Still new at this, look into a buncha different things as of now). Have only recently gotten into any type of source based gaming.
The other two give very limited amout of things i can do + dont give me true access to commands etc that I have setup through my secondary admin account.

Last edited by Dulled; 02-12-2021 at 10:01. Reason: Additional info
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2021 , 10:59   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #6

Source Admin Tool (HLSW Alternative)
Dulled
Old 02-12-2021 , 13:22   Re: Clientless server connection
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
Yeah, tried that with minimal success, as it doesnt give me console access it seems. So I can't see whats going on, along with the fact i can only kick people, they'll be back. They always come back.
May be using the wrong words to describe what i'm trying to do, because we're a smaller community (~100 people) so being able to use things as far as pmute, pgag, ipban etc are more useful than a normal steamid ban or mute. They can rejoin the avoid the normal mute, or remake an account (30-45seconds later) and be back.
Alittle bit looking back at this, it seems I can see whats going on, but its not truely letting me use any commands through the console, it acts as if the console is speaking rather than taking them as commands.

Edit:
So, learned about the launch option textonly, which is kinda what im looking for. Just have to find a way of it to make it typeable?
I guess this can be closed as it wouldn't relate anymore to modding, and more towards steam launch settings.

Last edited by Dulled; 02-12-2021 at 23:57. Reason: New info i discovered because im slow.