Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted

Post New Thread Reply   

TiTz
Old 03-30-2020 , 13:48   [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
I'm running a L4D1 server
Any plugin Authors out there that can help modify or write a Mirrored Refelcted Friendly Fire Plugin?
Because there's nothing out there that works well or without major bugs.

HTML Code:
Example of Mirrored FF plugin idea would consist of:

1. Cvar to set the balance of mirrored FF, between attacker and victim. Set on a scale of 0 through to 100

0 = full non mirrored means victim recieves normal FF damage. 
50 = shared damage 50% each to both victim and attacker.
100 = full mirrored FF damage sent to attacker.

Damage caused to victim player or attacker player maybe incapped - 
depending on setting of the balance cvar setting. And how much Health they curently have. (or killed if already Black & White)

2. A Cvar to set fire damage balance limit: 0 - 100  
Which sets the level of allowed fire damage to victim and or the attacker. (from a Molotov or Fuel cans)

3. A Cvar to set Explosion damage balance limit: 0 - 100  
Which sets the level of allowed Explosion damage to the victim and or the attacker. (from pipe bomb and gas cylinders)

4. Cvar to print to chat and hints: attackers ID and victims ID.
Quote:
Best Plugin I've found to date is: [Any] Mirror Damage [12.01.2013] https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=205374

It's a good plugin - but instead of incapping you - it kills you
And you can't set the amount of FF
Also it doe's not print who attacked who.

This Plugin would for a good base for adapting.

Quote:
Also this plugin's good, but buggy and not finished. [L4D]Mirror Friendly Fire https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...8&postcount=18

It will not incap the player and doesent mirror the damage well - not much control.
but it doe's tell you who attacked who.
Quote:
This one has many versions all with various bugs [L4D] Damage https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=85050
If anyone knows of a plugin that works well - please let me know

Cheers

TiTz

Last edited by TiTz; 03-30-2020 at 19:42.
Aya Supay
Old 03-30-2020 , 15:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #2

try this https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=21
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2020 , 19:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #3

I'm using forked version of FF by Skyy: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=25

I can't say I checked it in all possible modes, but it work for me well.

Good luck.

Last edited by Dragokas; 03-30-2020 at 19:40.
TiTz
Old 03-31-2020 , 08:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks for both the links guys

I tried 1.7 - no good as it would not incap properly - but definetly on the right track! thanks!

So I tried 1.8 BloodyBlades cleaned up version ... that was good but could not adjust victims damge vs attackers well enough.

I ran the Dragokas forked version ... this is nearly perfect ... better than anything else I've tried before and I can definetly live with it.
But it still suffers from not enough control over balance of attacker vs victim.

Dragokas is it possible to add a damage amount balance function?

As I'd like to set the amount of damage the attacker receives and the amount of damage the victim receives.

This could be 2 seperate cvars or maybe a 0 - 100 tilt scale so the more you increase toward attacker - the less damage for the victim. making the desired amount easy to set.

Can it be done? Would it require too much of a rebuild or is it an easy addition ?

Cheers

TiTz
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2020 , 09:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #5

There is already ConVar "l4d2_ffprotection_punish_amount" to select amount of damage deal to attacker.
As about damage to victim, it is easy addition, but I want not to hijack Skyy thread. If she will not mind, I could add.
TiTz
Old 03-31-2020 , 09:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
There is already ConVar "l4d2_ffprotection_punish_amount" to select amount of damage deal to attacker.
As about damage to victim, it is easy addition, but I want not to hijack Skyy thread. If she will not mind, I could add.
I'll pm her ... and ask if she would mind this addition being added ...
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2020 , 13:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #7

sorry, for the record, i never mind if anyone modifies code after it's been released; it would otherwise defeat the purpose of open source.

I'm behind on projects, but will try to write a new, robust friendly-fire suite at some point.
Mystik Spiral
Old 02-14-2021 , 14:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mirrored Friendly Fire Plugin Wanted or old plugin addapted
Reply With Quote #8

I realize that the last post in this thread is several months old, but if you are still looking (or anyone else is interested), check out this plugin which works for both L4D & L4D2 and has several ConVars to control reversing friendly-fire...

Reverse Friendly-Fire by Mystik Spiral

Hope that helps.