Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 1-8-18)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 10-24-2017 , 20:00   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
That seems to have fixed it. A player left during the credits after the The Passing finale and the server no longer automatically switched.
You may want to place the patch at the very bottom of the block, below the replay vote check. Tomorrow I'll test it and will make a release for this. Thanks!
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-24-2017 , 20:06   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
You may want to place the patch at the very bottom of the block, below the replay vote check. Tomorrow I'll test it and will make a release for this. Thanks!
Oh no, I meant that the problem was no longer there. I didn't mean that the plugin stopped working. All is good so far after I replaced what you told me to.

What I really meant to say in that post was that the server no longer automatically switched to the next campaign until every player voted to skip the credits.
Old 10-24-2017 , 20:21   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Oh no, I meant that the problem was no longer there. I didn't mean that the plugin stopped working. All is good so far after I replaced what you told me to.

What I really meant to say in that post was that the server no longer automatically switched to the next campaign until every player voted to skip the credits.
Great. Thank you for all your help. I'll try to make a release tomorrow addressing this. Any problems reported are appreciated 😊
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 10-26-2017 , 06:41   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #14

Hello Admin,

Big thanks to Crasher_3637 for pointing out a bug that can cause premature skipping of the credits scene if players that vote to skip then also leave. I've tested this with players voting to replay and voting to skip and then leaving. I've also increased the cycling time per campaign. By default it was 110 minutes per campaign, now it's 36.92. I will make this customizable soon but for now the idea is to keep the campaigns cycling quickly. If say you have several servers, people just browsing for a game hopefully won't see several servers with the same map at the same time. At least this should change by default every 36.92 minutes.

[0.0.10] - 2017-26-10
Fixed
  • - Premature skipping of credits if voters left

Changed
  • - Time per campaign is far more accurate now
  • - Campaigns are split up 1/3 a day (e.g., 13 at 36.92)

As always, thanks for pointing out the bugs
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 10-26-2017 , 07:53   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #15

Fellas, I'm sorry, if you downloaded 0.10, please get 0.11. I've reverted the time between campaigns from 1/3 a day cycling to its original full day cycle. Turns out, my west coast servers are sending people back to lobby and this is the culprit. Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm looking into it.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 10-26-2017 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #16

Fellas, Version 0.12 is up at the main post and fixes the cycling. If you have version 0.10, you will suffer at some point users going back to lobby. Version 0.12 fixes this and cycles through the maps faster again. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 10-26-2017 at 09:53.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2017 , 10:43   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Fellas, Version 0.12 is up at the main post and fixes the cycling. If you have version 0.10, you will suffer at some point users going back to lobby. Version 0.12 fixes this and cycles through the maps faster again. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Thanks for the update man. Could you please explain on how this "cycle" works? I'm confused as to whether the cycle either affects which campaign is next on the roster, the cycle switches the campaign after a certain time period when the server is empty, or both.
Old 10-26-2017 , 11:18   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Thanks for the update man. Could you please explain on how this "cycle" works? I'm confused as to whether the cycle either affects which campaign is next on the roster, the cycle switches the campaign after a certain time period when the server is empty, or both.
Everything works as it did before but a full cycle of all the maps happens in 1/3 the time by default now. So, rather than seeing Dead Center once a day in a time slot of 110 minutes, you'll see it 3 times in a day for 32.96 minutes. There are 13 stock campaigns and they'll be cycled through 3 times a day. Any maps you may have added will further reduce that time to something lower.

I'll add an option to change this later so if you want, you can either give each campaign 110 or 10 or even 1 minute before the next campaign. That is, each campaign can be seen once or many times in a day. If you feel comfortable editing the source, line 252 you can change the value of 480.0 (1/3 a day) to 1440.0 (a full day) or anything you want. Just stay below 1440.0.

My reasoning for this is two fold. One, I was using an "int" type which isn't as accurate as "float", so the accuracy now is much better. The second is, I run more than 1 server and figured it would be nice to offer more choices for people browsing for a game instead of people coming across the same maps every 110 minutes (half an hour vs almost 2). This stemmed from the most popular maps on my servers all being done in an average of 20 minutes.

Also, CampaignShift doesn't change maps if no one is on the server. CampaignShift only kicks in when players are done playing. I hope this answers your question. Thanks!
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2017 , 13:07   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Everything works as it did before but a full cycle of all the maps happens in 1/3 the time by default now. So, rather than seeing Dead Center once a day in a time slot of 110 minutes, you'll see it 3 times in a day for 32.96 minutes. There are 13 stock campaigns and they'll be cycled through 3 times a day. Any maps you may have added will further reduce that time to something lower.

I'll add an option to change this later so if you want, you can either give each campaign 110 or 10 or even 1 minute before the next campaign. That is, each campaign can be seen once or many times in a day. If you feel comfortable editing the source, line 252 you can change the value of 480.0 (1/3 a day) to 1440.0 (a full day) or anything you want. Just stay below 1440.0.

My reasoning for this is two fold. One, I was using an "int" type which isn't as accurate as "float", so the accuracy now is much better. The second is, I run more than 1 server and figured it would be nice to offer more choices for people browsing for a game instead of people coming across the same maps every 110 minutes (half an hour vs almost 2). This stemmed from the most popular maps on my servers all being done in an average of 20 minutes.

Also, CampaignShift doesn't change maps if no one is on the server. CampaignShift only kicks in when players are done playing. I hope this answers your question. Thanks!
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2017 , 06:24   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-26-17)
Reply With Quote #20

Simple and works, just what I needed