Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!

Post New Thread Reply   

bobis
Old 11-24-2011 , 12:38   PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #1

I was playing on my public server with [SMAC] Anti-cheat Enabled , and lots of modules enabled too ( smac_aimbot was also enabled)

BUT, one guy claimed that he can use his aimbot on my server , and he will not be detected. AND SO IT WAS DONE!!!

He used his aimbot , for 2 rounds , he wans't EVEN DETECTED , NOT EVEN A CHARACTER FROM HIS STEAM ID AT SMAC.LOC.

So i just request from you to do something , now I closed my servers because of these no-lifers cheaters.

<snip> ARE PWNING YOU guys and you can't make sth for it.

Sorry for that kind of language , but I am very upset.

Is there ANY WAY to PAY for a BAD ASS anti-cheat system , like these guys who pay for THEIR CHEATS?

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 11-24-2011 at 15:12.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-24-2011 , 14:03   Re: PLEASE , MAKE x22cheats DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #2

Stop "shouting", stop being rude, and calm down before posting.

Last edited by asherkin; 11-24-2011 at 14:03.
bobis
Old 11-24-2011 , 14:37   Re: PLEASE , MAKE x22cheats DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Stop "shouting", stop being rude, and calm down before posting.
its not about "shouting" and "crying" , it is about a server community that now is destroyed by some cheaters and I don't accept that. I know that cheaters will never stop to exist but at least I don't want them to my servers.
It was supposed that SMAC could detect him and ban him immediately.(or after a few seconds , it was clear he had aimbot in that round)
This guy just humiliated my community , my servers and ME.
Just look my signature...

Last edited by bobis; 11-24-2011 at 14:39.
Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 11-24-2011 , 15:09   Re: PLEASE , MAKE x22cheats DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #4

No anti cheat will ever be perfect and catch all cheats. All servers need good admins to catch them. If you see them hacking ban them and move on.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-24-2011 , 15:32   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #5

You have no right to dig into someone's PC to fully make sure they're not hacking other than banning them on your server. You can block it on your server but If or one wouldn't want someone managing to get into my PC without my permission to make sure I'm not hacking. It adds to the whole privacy thing.

In other words, You can never fully stop someone from cheating on your servers but do the best you can server-side to defend. SMAC isn't perfect as any other anti-cheat can't be either.

Last edited by Drixevel; 11-24-2011 at 15:33.
bobis
Old 11-24-2011 , 15:50   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
You have no right to dig into someone's PC to fully make sure they're not hacking other than banning them on your server. You can block it on your server but If or one wouldn't want someone managing to get into my PC without my permission to make sure I'm not hacking. It adds to the whole privacy thing.

In other words, You can never fully stop someone from cheating on your servers but do the best you can server-side to defend. SMAC isn't perfect as any other anti-cheat can't be either.
Yes, the truth is not everyone will pay 20 eyros for cheats like that , which will be undetectable by SMAC or others..

But is there a way to stop them also? Are you sure there isn't any plugin that you have to pay for that and detects also paied cheats?

I am admin but I can't spec 24/7 for cheaters, this is ridiculus.

Last edited by bobis; 11-24-2011 at 15:50.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-24-2011 , 16:36   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #7

So you want a plugin that detects cheats on someone else's PC client. That's a form of hacking if ya think about it because you have access to their client as I stated above. You can't detect cheat signatures that are built into the client on another PC, it would be a form of hacking anybody can take advantage of if it's possible.

SMAC detects the clients camera snapping with angles and that's how it finds cheaters using aimbots, etc. There is no possible way the server can scan the client for cheats and stop them. VAC is the only program that can do that.

Also, you should probably calm down. We all have to deal with cheaters all the time just as much as you do because most cheaters when they get banned just move to another server. You aren't doing your servers any good with the names you've given them now plus posting rude comments won't get you anywhere as stated by Asherkin.

Last edited by Drixevel; 11-24-2011 at 16:38.
TwOzCaR
Old 11-24-2011 , 17:16   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #8

calm down bobis, there being worked on new types of detections, as we speak. give us some time,

nothing is perfected over night.

we have some things in mind which i will not speak of here

Last edited by TwOzCaR; 11-24-2011 at 17:18.
bobis
Old 11-25-2011 , 06:53   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwOzCaR View Post
calm down bobis, there being worked on new types of detections, as we speak. give us some time,

nothing is perfected over night.

we have some things in mind which i will not speak of here
So you gonna release a paied version of SMAC? To counter-attack the paid hacks? Or something else will happen?

In the meantime , I will try to spot every cheater who pass undetected and send him to hell ( I mean banlist).

I think they are not many of them...

Keep up the good work...

Last edited by bobis; 11-25-2011 at 06:53.
TwOzCaR
Old 11-25-2011 , 07:28   Re: PLEASE , MAKE <snip> DETECTED TOO!!!
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobis View Post
So you gonna release a paied version of SMAC? To counter-attack the paid hacks? Or something else will happen?

In the meantime , I will try to spot every cheater who pass undetected and send him to hell ( I mean banlist).

I think they are not many of them...

Keep up the good work...
in my understanding smac will never being something you can pay for. if you like smac very much i can on the heavily suggest you use paypal to transfer money to GoD-Tony for all the hard work he has putted into smac together with Psychonic.

as we speak new measurements is being in development together with a new contributor of code. new ways to detect the same things, but better