Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Shot4Shot and RPS issues

Post New Thread Reply   

Daiya
Old 06-01-2016 , 11:28   Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

whenever Shot4Shot is selected as LR, the person who gets to shoot first is slain by the cheat protection when he shoots. It does not matter if you aim at the opponent or somewhere else.
Also, when playing Rock Paper Scissoirs, Scissoirs beat Rock. Maybe this is a translation issue, I didn't check this yet.

On a different note, does Hosties strip weapons from players when they die? I remember seeing a setting which weapon to drop but I am unable to find it now (maybe it was a different plugin)

Greets

Last edited by Daiya; 06-01-2016 at 11:31. Reason: Spelling
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2016 , 17:43   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #2

Hello Daiya,

Which version of Hosties are you running? There was a fix for the S4S bug in December although there are some reports of this still happening.

For RPS, there was also a fix for this in December. Translation file would not be the cause for this.

For weapon stripping, there are convars for Hosties to remove weapons if a player is slain using the admin command !slay (sm_hosties_strip_onslay) and similar convars for !kick and !ban.

If you're on CS:GO use this branch:
https://github.com/dataviruset/sm-ho...cope-Crash-Fix
Old 06-01-2016 , 18:30   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #3

Hey,

I'm running version 2.2.0 - I'll update to 2.2.1 and see if it works then.
I'm aware of the weapon stripping on slay, but for some reason players don't drop weapons at all - or sometimes do. Rarely I'll end up with a deagle from a T, but usually nothing. But as mentioned I haven't ruled out another plugin as the cause yet.

Last edited by Daiya; 06-01-2016 at 21:06. Reason: I'm retarded
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2016 , 19:31   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #4

The only time Hosties will prevent players from dropping weapons is during specific LRs. I think it would make the game less fun if all Ts had their weapons stripped when they died, so Hosties doesn't do that. If gun planting is the concern there are more intelligent ways to handle that but I never added that into public release.
Old 06-01-2016 , 21:03   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah same for me, it's boring right now because weapons don't drop.

I have one issue with compiling v2.2.1 - I've added steamworks and the emitsoundany/sourcebans includes, but the sourcebans includes are missing the SBBanPlayer function, preventing hosties from compiling. I've downloaded it directly from the github repo, anywhere I'm doing something wrong?

Edit: On another note even tho this probably has nothing to do with hosties, how do I get the balls on the soccer fields to work? On most maps they're too heavy. Is there a way to fix this or is it just csgo?

Last edited by Daiya; 06-01-2016 at 21:07.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2016 , 21:42   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #6

Are you using this one?
https://github.com/GameConnect/sourc...sourcebans.inc

For soccer balls, you should try adjusting the sv_airaccelerate convar in your server.cfg or other default configs. 100 or so should be more than adequate for soccer.
Old 06-02-2016 , 12:49   Re: Shot4Shot and RPS issues
Reply With Quote #7

Oh no I was using the one from the other sourcebans (not legacy). Works now and S4S as well as RPS work!
Didn't get the balls to work with airaccelerate but phys_pushscale did the trick.

And I also just figured out why no weapons were dropping: mp_death_drop_gun had the wrong setting.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Daiya; 06-02-2016 at 12:57.