Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago

Post New Thread Reply   

ElooKoN
        ^_^
Old 02-16-2018 , 07:43   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #11

Well on the other hand if all people would behave nice we would not have such problems.

As both of you are not banned in the forum and those infractions will expire I would just accept it and drink tea
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-16-2018 , 08:01   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #12

ElooKoN
You missed the most important part of them: learn from them.
If users that received infractions don't change their mind they will end up banned, that's just a matter of time.

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2018 , 09:49   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3XT3R View Post
u not alone :p
The fact that you from all people have only 3 is living proof about how bad the situation in this forum is.
        ^_^
Old 02-16-2018 , 11:14   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
The fact that you from all people have only 3 is living proof about how bad the situation in this forum is.
Pardon? I'm not sure what you mean.
D3XT3R
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-16-2018 , 11:57   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Désolé, I didnt get what do you mean?
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2018 , 13:16   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElooKoN View Post
Pardon? I'm not sure what you mean.
Feel free to browse his posts if you're not familiar with what he has been doing here. Or at least his older posts (1-2 months back), since there's a little improvement lately - good job on that, Dexter.
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-17-2018 , 00:34   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #17

Maybe it is time for some other infractions, regarding the rule "Do not spam, or post "me too" posts, or any such derivative drivel that does not contribute to a thread."?

Anyway, to clear up a few posts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post

You're not alone ;p
OP is peaking about an infraction that was given for a 2 years ago post:

The infraction you have, is for the post in Will hire a AMX mod guru, a post you made on 10-02-18, 23:07, where the infraction was given on 13-02-18 23:17.

In my eyes, those dates indicate 3 days and 10 minutes, not 2 years as this topic is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3XT3R View Post
u not alone :p
The same applies to you, do you have anything to confirm that your infraction was given out to a two years old post?

For example the first one in your case is posted on 23-01-18 17:24, with the infraction given on 23-01-18 22:26, where the infraction was made less than 5 hours after the post.

If you people can't post things related to what the discussion is about, then DO NOT POST..

This thread is not about demonstrating your e-peen or simply showing how big your wall of infractions is, but about "infractions for very old posts".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 02-17-2018 at 00:38.
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2018 , 07:09   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Maybe it is time for some other infractions, regarding the rule "Do not spam, or post "me too" posts, or any such derivative drivel that does not contribute to a thread."?

Anyway, to clear up a few posts here:

OP is peaking about an infraction that was given for a 2 years ago post:

The infraction you have, is for the post in Will hire a AMX mod guru, a post you made on 10-02-18, 23:07, where the infraction was given on 13-02-18 23:17.

In my eyes, those dates indicate 3 days and 10 minutes, not 2 years as this topic is all about.

The same applies to you, do you have anything to confirm that your infraction was given out to a two years old post?

For example the first one in your case is posted on 23-01-18 17:24, with the infraction given on 23-01-18 22:26, where the infraction was made less than 5 hours after the post.

If you people can't post things related to what the discussion is about, then DO NOT POST..

This thread is not about demonstrating your e-peen or simply showing how big your wall of infractions is, but about "infractions for very old posts".
Just explain us how points work, how can a member get banned if he has X points and tell us if reporting an old post will get infracted and warned.
Old 02-17-2018 , 08:02   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
Just explain us how points work, how can a member get banned if he has X points and tell us if reporting an old post will get infracted and warned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin
You received a 5 point infraction that expires in a short period of time. The threshold for any punitive action is 15 points worth of active infractions - and the only "significant" action is a permanent ban, which requires 100 points of active infractions.
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-01-2018 , 06:56   Re: I just received an infraction for a post made 2 years ago
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
I'm aware that I'm in the wrong when it comes to the post itself, but I don't think that receiving an infraction after 2 years is acceptable.
Since you in this post are talking about what is acceptable, and what is not:

AlliedModders Rules -> General:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliedModders Rules
If you post (or see a post) in the wrong section, use the Report Post button to request it be moved rather than replying to the thread.
Then I'm coming across a post in the AMX sections, where I unfortunately cannot do anything:

Quote:
ez wrong section can't read
ez hasn't read the rules too
- User does not follow the rules by replying
- User is obviously flaming other users, due to a simple mistake.
- User have not yet reported the post (was reported by someone else though)

Should I go on?

In a perfect world, what would an acceptable solution to this be, in your eyes?

The reason I'm taking this one in public, is because you started the whole "public" discussion yourself..

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 03-01-2018 at 06:57.