Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Request for Help SourceBans 1.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Coin0p
Old 01-05-2014 , 20:58   Request for Help SourceBans 1.4
Reply With Quote #1

Greetings,

I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem I'm having with SourceBans 1.4. SourceBans lives on a CentOS 6.5 machine that runs Apache 2.5 and MySql 5.1.71. It also houses my Team Fortress 2 server. It’s basically one big happy family in the same house.

Most of it works. Setup was able to find the SourceBans database and populate it with tables. I’m able to kick people from the web interface as well as send them private messages. The SourceBans plugin on the tf2 server seems happy with no errors on load.

The problem appears to be with the way the plugin and the web gui access the MySql database.

I’ve tried replacing the host field in databases.cfg with ip, localhost, and path to mysql.sock. So far, nothing has worked with sb_reload and sm_rehash between tries. I have to imagine that the soucebans db is as least accessible as evidence by the setup creating the tables in it. Sourcebans.log and configuration files follow bellow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve been pulling my hair out for a few days now.

Thanks for having a look!

Best Regards,

Coin0p

Sourcebans.log

Code:
L 01/05/2014 - 02:21:07: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: Could not find driver "mysql". See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20
Databases.cfg

Code:
"Databases"
  {
                  "driver_default"                               "mysql"

"sourcebans"
                  {
                                  "driver"                                                "mysql"
                                  "host"                                                   "localhost"
                                  "database"                                         "sourcebans"
                                  "user"                                                   ""                            //removed for post
                                  "pass"                                                   ""                            //removed for post
                                  //"timeout"                                        "0"
                                  "port"                                   "3306"
                  }

"storage-local"
                  {
                                  "driver"                                                "sqlite"
                                  "database"                                         "sourcemod-local"
                  }
  }
Sourcebans.cfg

Code:
"SourceBans"
  {
                  "Config"
                  {
                                  // Website address to tell where the player to go for unban, etc
                                  "Website"                                           ""

// Allow or disallow admins access to addban command
                                  "Addban"                                            "1"

// Allow or disallow admins access to unban command
                                  "Unban"                                                              "1"

// The Tableprefix you set while installing the webpanel. (default: "sb")
                                  "DatabasePrefix"             "sb"

// How many seconds to wait before retrying when a players ban fails to be checked. Min = 15.0 Max = 60.0
                                  "RetryTime"                                       "45.0"

// How often should we process the failed ban queue in minutes
                                  "ProcessQueueTime"    "5"

// Should the plugin automaticaly add the server to sourcebans 
                                  // (servers without -ip being set on startup need this set to 0)
                                  "AutoAddServer"                            "0"

// Enable backing up config files after getting admins from database (1 = enabled, 0 = disabled)
                                  "BackupConfigs"              "1"

// Enable admin part of the plugin (1 = enabled, 0 = disabled)
                                  "EnableAdmins"               "1"

// Require the admin to login once into website
                                  "RequireSiteLogin"          "0"

// This is the ID of this server (Check in the admin panel -> servers to find the ID of this server)
                                  //changed from -1
                                  "ServerID"                          "1"
Config.php

Code:
<?php
  /**
   * config.php
   * This file contains all of the configuration for the db
   * that will 
   * @author SteamFriends Development Team
   * @version 1.0.0
   * @copyright SteamFriends (www.SteamFriends.com)
   * @package SourceBans
   */
  if(!defined('IN_SB')){echo 'You should not be here. Only follow links!';die();}

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');                                                  // The host/ip to your SQL server
  define('DB_USER', 'username');                                                // The username to connect with-changed for post
  define('DB_PASS', 'password');                                 // The password-changed for post
  define('DB_NAME', 'sourcebans');                                                                                           // Database name           
  define('DB_PREFIX', 'sb');                                                                             // The table prefix for SourceBans
  define('DB_PORT','3306');                                                                                                            // The SQL port (Default: 3306)

//define('DEVELOPER_MODE', true);                                      // Use if you want to show debugmessages
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-08-2014 , 13:02   Re: Request for Help SourceBans 1.4
Reply With Quote #2

Check the output of sm exts list. The mysql dbi driver extension seems to be missing on your server. Try reuploading sourcemod in ftp's binary mode?
Old 01-08-2014 , 20:40   Re: Request for Help SourceBans 1.4
Reply With Quote #3

As you suspected there are some issues here. So you think re-uploading Sourcemod should do the trick?

sm exts list

Quote:
[SM] Displaying 15 extensions:
[01] Automatic Updater (1.5.2): Updates SourceMod gamedata files
[02] Webternet (1.5.2): Extension for interacting with URLs
[03] Equinox Console Cleaner (): Bite me alien boi
[04] TF2 Tools (1.5.2): TF2 extended functionality
[05] BinTools (1.5.2): Low-level C/C++ Calling API
[06] SDK Hooks (1.5.2): Source SDK Hooks
[07] SDK Tools (1.5.2): Source SDK Tools
[08] Top Menus (1.5.2): Creates sorted nested menus
[09] <FAILED> file "clientprefs.ext.so": Could not load DB Driver "mysql"
[10] <FAILED> file "dbi.mysql.ext.so": libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[11] SteamTools (0.8.3): SteamWorks for SourceMod.
[12] <FAILED> file "curl.ext.so": /home/XXXX/hlserver/tf2/tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions/curl.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[13] <FAILED> file "socket.ext.so": /home/XXXX/hlserver/tf2/tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions/socket.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14] Regex (1.5.2): Provides regex natives for plugins
[15] SQLite (1.5.2): SQLite Driver
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-09-2014 , 05:57   Re: Request for Help SourceBans 1.4
Reply With Quote #4

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...995#post699995
Old 01-09-2014 , 08:44   Re: Request for Help SourceBans 1.4
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you for the link Peace-Maker!! I really, really appreciate the help!

Here is what finally worked for CentOS 6.5 if anyone is traveling down this path after me.

Code:
yum install zlib.i686