Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

is this a bug?

Post New Thread Reply   

small008
Old 05-06-2011 , 01:04   is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys,

I m running SuperHero 1.2.0.14 for AMX Mod X 1.8.0 on win7 ultimate. I got a scope view with an m4 when playing map "dust". I dont no if it's a bug or not.

Here's what happened:

One of my hero is magneto. I originally had a D3/AU-1. When I was in scope view(1X zoom in), I got hit, and then I had the m4. When I started to shoot, I noticed that I was actually shooting with the m4, not the D3, but I was still in scope view...... I tried to get out of the view, i could't. I right-clicked, and i put on the silencer. I hit ESC, it showed me the menu.

This view finally got back to normal when a new round began.

Is this normal? did any one of you have this kind of exp before? If it's a bug, where do i get to report it?
The Art of War
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2011 , 06:32   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #2

Errrhm, what are you talking about? Did it happen more than once, and what heroes did you have more than Magneto? Some models bug on some servers ie sometimes you see one MP5 model given by a hero and sometimes you see another model given by another hero, Ive never experienced entire weapon changes though.
Old 05-06-2011 , 22:37   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #3

when u zoom in 1x with a d3, u can only see what u can see through the scope. the rest of ur screen is black. My screen just like that, only i m not using the d3, but an m4.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 05-09-2011 , 19:10   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #4

Batman used to have this bug that would cause the m3 shotgun to get a scope. It was resolved by tracking the users weapon and resetting zoom.

For some reason I believe you are getting this because weapons are given too fast so when the given weapon switch is called, zoom was not made aware that you had another weapon. If you zoom with a scoped weapon and then back it should resolve the issue. I am not sure about a permanent fix as I have little time to test the problem and a fix for it.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Exploited
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2011 , 14:41   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #5

I have experienced this with my custom Darth Maul/Riddick and Marine heroes. Not that I had the scope, but that sometimes, usually when I just joined the server, I will be able to shoot like a M4 with the knifemodel. I never use any heroes with a scope so I wouldn't know. Also, if you are 100% sure that this was caused by Magneto it is not the same bug seeing as I do not have Magneto.

Did you by any chance use my version of Marine which should be posted somewhere in any of my threads?
Jelle (1): You know when a poo is about to exit but it is too big?
Jelle (1): God my ass still hurts
DarkGod
SourceMod DarkCrab
Old 05-10-2011 , 15:55   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #6

The silly and lazy way:

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <cstrike> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Zoom Fix", "1.0", "dg`")     register_concmd("say /fixzoom", "CmdZoom") } public CmdZoom(index) {     cs_set_user_zoom(index, CS_SET_NO_ZOOM, 1)     console_print(index, "Zoom fixed.")         return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Just install this and type /fixzoom whenever this happens. It would be a lot better to fix the plugins causing this issue but I'm too lazy to look around in them.

Can't be bothered to test (don't even have CS installed so that'd be hard), but should work.
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2011 , 16:20   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #7

I just know that FOV is not the best way to go. i allways removed it from batman on each server i launched.
Why ? because it reset the whole field of view. flashbang (normal or hero caused), Alien Vision (the most annoying) and others FOV effects.

vittu said it's resolved, but i'm not agree it's not resolved, just avoided.
small008
Old 05-12-2011 , 05:33   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #8

this only happened once so far. so i m not sure whether it's a bug or the lag of my system causing this problem

will do more test...
small008
Old 05-12-2011 , 20:21   Re: is this a bug?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
For some reason I believe you are getting this because weapons are given too fast so when the given weapon switch is called, zoom was not made aware that you had another weapon. If you zoom with a scoped weapon and then back it should resolve the issue. I am not sure about a permanent fix as I have little time to test the problem and a fix for it.
looks like ur right. It happened again, with kreig 552 and es c90.