Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.23) [25-May-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Optics233
Old 07-17-2011 , 11:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #21

Holy crap Silvers! You've outdone yourself this time.
Questions:

1) With sm_spawnext, there's no way to spawn blast pushback extinguishers?
2) If I turn hints on, will it only display the hints if a player has an extinguisher, or will the hints be displayed at random.. or when? When are hints displayed, basically?

Bugs:

(?) If an extinguisher is in a pistol slot, when incapped, I can't fire either my pistol OR the extinguisher. It'd be neat if I could fire the extinguisher though.
- Sometimes when the extinguisher isn't equipped it will still pop up on my screen none the less.
- If a player has an extinguisher in the pistol slot and picks up a melee weapon the extinguisher seems to dissapear yet the prop still remains over their primary weapon for some reason. Also, if the player has double pistols (and Im guessing a deagle too) it won't give the extinugisher either. Suggestion: Update it so that if this cvar is sent to 1, it replaces the secondary slot -- pistol, double pistol, meele, deagle - anything - with the extinguisher.

Suggestions:

Make it so that players can choose which slot they want the extinguisher to go into? Instead of it having to be primary or secondary, put it in whichever slot they have active.

Last edited by Optics233; 07-17-2011 at 13:07.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-27-2011 , 01:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #22

I had to stop using this mod because for some reason the extinguisher stopped working 100% I have trouble lighting things on fire now and i dont know whats wrong.
xyLoneZ
Old 09-03-2011 , 11:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #23

maybe you can make it so the player drops the ext, if they are incapped or hanging on the edge..
another question, will people get hint message when the ext fuel is empty? that they can refill it with gascan or sth?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-03-2011 , 14:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #24

An update is coming where you can use the extinguisher while incapped. Fixed the max cvar not working and some other things.

You can update the hints yourself, I haven't had time to do it yet.
Old 11-12-2011 , 04:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #25

hi silver can you do 3 options l4d_extinguisher_view "3" = Show their weapon and hide the extinguisher (but others may see) like this plugin Decoration For Witch Killer

Last edited by disawar1; 11-12-2011 at 04:53.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2011 , 02:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #26

Just a bit of feedback:

1. I am having problem refilling the flamethrower. I aimed @ the extinguisher with a gascan and when I press mouse 1 I would drop the gas can instead of filling up the extinguisher.

2. Can you give us a perspective of distance calculations for the flamethrower?
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2011 , 00:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.2) [01-Jul-2011]
Reply With Quote #27

Got your message and submitted one more bug report!
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-30-2011 , 21:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.3) [01-Dec-2011]
Reply With Quote #28

Thanks for the patience. This is a big update which has been in the works for a while.

Thanks to disawar1 and Mr. Man above for help testing this version.

Quote:
- Added Extinguishers to these maps: Crash Course, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest, Cold Stream.
- Added Russian translations - Thanks to disawar1.
- Added cvar l4d_extinguisher_incap so the Extinguisher can be used when incapacitated.
- Added a new translation to notify players they can use the Extinguisher while incapped, if enabled.
- Added a new translation when the Extinguisher is empty notifying players they can refuel with gas cans.
- Fixed being able to use the Extinguisher while ridden by a jockey.
- Fixed l4d_extinguisher_max cvar, limiting how many extinguishers can be used simultaneously.
- Fixed the Extinguisher attachment position on Zoey.
- Hides the Extinguisher from a players personal view when not equipped.
- Made the translation files a requirement for the plugin to work error free.
- Removed slot cvar. Picking up Extinguishers with pistols uses that slot. Other items default to the primary slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disawar1 View Post
hi silver can you do 3 options l4d_extinguisher_view "3" = Show their weapon and hide the extinguisher (but others may see) like this plugin Decoration For Witch Killer
Having read the above I realised I forgot to add this. Will do soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Just a bit of feedback:

1. I am having problem refilling the flamethrower. I aimed @ the extinguisher with a gascan and when I press mouse 1 I would drop the gas can instead of filling up the extinguisher.

2. Can you give us a perspective of distance calculations for the flamethrower?
1. It may have been buggy before, when I test in this version it works everytime, make sure the crosshair is perfectly over the Extinguisher model.

2. The default range is now 150 instead of 120. It's a little over the height of a survivor.

Enjoy!
Old 12-01-2011 , 02:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.3) [01-Dec-2011]
Reply With Quote #29

Congratulations to the finished Work on version 1.3 !
Old 12-13-2011 , 05:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Extinguisher & Flamethrower (1.4) [01-Dec-2011]
Reply With Quote #30

I can't get Extinguisher, Freezer Spray or Blastpushback. only Flamethrower works (red glow).
tried sm_giveext 1, sm_giveext 2, sm_giveext NAME 4 - no difference.
l4d_extinguisher_type is set to 15.

how to get Extinguisher, Freezer Spray or Blastpushback?

and the Flamethrower flame is visible not so far as weapon can burn enemy.

Extinguisher & Flamethrower ver (1.4)

Last edited by Argus; 12-13-2011 at 06:06.