Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Tag Mod 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

randunel
Old 07-08-2009 , 03:12   Re: Tag Mod 2
Reply With Quote #61

The new plugin looks better (the ghost-like look and feel - tranparency and glitches).
The weapons have no effect on players, that's good.
Getting "IT" under a train or at a corner does not block you anymore, that's good.
Getting "IT" in the air makes you stay in the air, but you can still move a little bit. I see no problem in this.
Retry-ing does not restart the game anymore.
Respawning does not restart the game anymore.
The "IT" person cannot be seen through thin blocks anymore, unless glitched. It's better than the red glow where you could see the red aura through thin walls.

Problem(big): The "IT" person gets blocked instead of "5 seconds immunity" for the former "IT". This arises a new problem: blocking. When someone blocked you with the OLD tagmod, the blocked person would get "IT" then pass it on automatically to the blocker, thus blocking was not a problem. With the new plugin (v2.0), blocking is a huge problem, since the new "IT" does not pass it on to the blocker.

Problem(small): Still no scoring

Later edit: some of the players in my community were asking if it were possible to have a "team tag mod" - regular tag Is it possible? Like T vs CT? Or so? Eg: if T's had and "IT" person, the teammates would block the CT's so that a CT would get tagged. And so on. But so far, this regular tag (normal tag) rules in my personal opinion

Last edited by randunel; 07-08-2009 at 19:04.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-08-2009 , 03:12   Re: Tag Mod
Reply With Quote #62

added the beta for 2.0 to the main post with base tag.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-08-2009 , 06:21   Re: Tag Mod
Reply With Quote #63

i dont understand what you're talking about "blocking".

team idea kinda gives me an idea we'll see how it turns out

Edit: added a team mode didnt test it though
Edit Edit: Tested works as intended.
Editx3: Think I know what you mean by blocking. Now after new player gets tagged that new IT player cannot tag nor move for 5 seconds letting old IT get away

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 07-08-2009 at 06:49.
randunel
Old 07-08-2009 , 09:47   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #64

Let me explain what I mean by blocking, by giving an example with 3 players: John, Don and Fred.

Regular tag, tagmod v1: John is IT. Don and Fred are running away, Fred blocks Don (stays in his way), thus John gives "IT" to Don. But Don is being touched by Fred (blocked by him), thus he gives "IT" to Fred.

Regular tag, tagmod v2: John is IT. Don and Fred are running awat, Fred blocks Don (stays in his way), thus John gives "IT" to Don. Don is now blocked and Fred and John run away. Fred was unfair.

I'll test team mode in 3-4 hours, when more players come online

Last edited by randunel; 07-08-2009 at 19:02.
randunel
Old 07-08-2009 , 11:51   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #65

We found a bug in v2.0c: regular tag, when frozen, the "IT" person can still climb ladders at normal (high) speed.

Later edit: another bug, was UNABLE to reproduce it: i was jumping around and got tagged while falling at high speed, close to the ground. I then went a few inches in the texture and got stuck. This only happened once, by mistake, and none of us was able to reproduce it, so it's probably not going to be a problem.

Later edit: I'm not able to run the other MODs. SOLVED, I wass still typing numbers instead of words.
One more question: how can I make tag mod permanent with v2.0? Adding amx_tag 1 in server.cfg does not do the trick...
When a player joins, the TAG game is not started. It will only start with amx_tag, or amx_tag X where X=any number, since tag selection is not possible the old style. SOLVED, edited the source code and added putinserver, if players<2 server_cmd amx_tag
Later later edits: sorry for my confusion, I was writing "base tag" insead of "regular tag". Sooo sorry, I edited everything now.

Last edited by randunel; 07-09-2009 at 04:18.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 00:03   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #66

i added the tag_mode cvar if you want tag mod on all the time. As well changed it to hopefully be able to stop such blocking occurances as you said, the tag should go from it player to tagged player to other player atleast most of the time.

edit: added ML support.

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 07-10-2009 at 01:37.
randunel
Old 07-10-2009 , 05:12   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #67

Another bug, due to the new blocking facility: when the blocker gets tagged, both the ex-IT and the new-IT are stuck, cannot move for a while.
Old bug: the new tagged player can still climb stairs at full speed.

edited: ML works.
edited: Bug: team tag does not restart the tag game after all players are IT.
Bug: team tag: when two tagged players touch each other, the text area is spammed typing that one has given "IT" to the other. A tagged player should not be able to tag another tagged player.
Bug: the glitches from the ghost can be seen through thin walls. But it's ok, in my personal opinion.
Bug: amx_tagmode 1 in server.cfg does not start the tag game automatically, but when an admin connects and types amx_tag_off, the tag game stops (although it isn't running), then after that amx_tag_off types the message that tag mod is not running. amx_tagmode "REGULAR" doesn't do the job, either.

Later edit: temporarily reverted to my old version, modified to start the game when someone connects and there are less than 2 players Team mode needs some work though.. I suggest increasing the speed of the last player standing, so they may have a chance )

Last edited by randunel; 07-10-2009 at 06:24.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-10-2009 , 16:12   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #68

at end of team tag round isnt supposed to restart so it still doesnt. however now theres a 5 second delay before it picks the next it player.

when original it player touches a tagged player in team tag no longer displays tagged message

tag_mode CVAR now works properly
randunel
Old 07-11-2009 , 08:53   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #69

New bug, Team Mode: player John plays since the beginning. After a few games, John leaves. After 2-3 games, player John (who isn't connected) is IT again, thus the game is stuck.

New bug 2, Regular mode: after playing team mode, an admin switches to Regular mode. Player John, who left a few rounds ago "Team mode", is selected to be IT.

Later edit: I don't recommend to anyone to pass from one mode to another. Things get really bugged, especially with Team Mode. I had to restart HLDS, changing map would not do the trick anymore.

Last edited by randunel; 07-11-2009 at 20:11.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-12-2009 , 04:21   Re: Tag Mod 2.0
Reply With Quote #70

I'm not sure how such things are possible but I updated with a couple changes possible to prevent such a situation, your testing is greatly appreciated.