Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source

Post New Thread Reply   

d1rTyS
Old 03-02-2016 , 23:48   [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

is it possible to convert entities by classname to another entity?

Let's say i have trigger_multiple on a map and i want them to be a trigger_teleport and i want to remove any "OnStartTouch" inputs is there any way to achieve this with sourcemod?

Stripper:Source cfg file would look like this:

Code:
modify:
{
    match:
    {    
        "classname" "trigger_multiple"
    }
    replace:
    {
        "classname" "trigger_teleport"
    }
    delete:
    {
        "OnStartTouch" "/.*/"
    }
}
Also i would like to edit a KeyValue in this context.
So assuming we have a trigger_push i'd like to modify its speed to speed = speed * 1337.

Is this a thing that can be done with Stripper:Source?

Code:
modify:
{
    match:
    {    
        "classname" "trigger_push"
        "speed" "/(.*)/"
    }
    replace:
    {
        "speed" "/($1)*1337/"
    }
}
I know this abomination above isn't possible.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Last edited by d1rTyS; 03-03-2016 at 00:06.
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 00:06   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #2

I've never seen anyone replace entity classname and have never tried it myself, but if you'd like to have something teleported via tigger_multiple you can simply hook OnStartTouch and teleport entities yourself.

As for deleting inputs and outputs you can rename entities to break their connections. I don't know if there's a way of removing individual ones.
d1rTyS
Old 03-03-2016 , 00:15   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #3

This is just an example to clarify what i actually want to achieve.

I'm using Stripper:Source to convert info_player_teamspawn with the according teamnum to info_player_terrorist or info_player_counterterrorist to get the spawns from TF2 maps to work successfully.

What i would like to achieve is to dynamically change some float value like "speed" from trigger_push.

Thanks for the quick reply though!

Last edited by d1rTyS; 03-03-2016 at 00:17.
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 00:39   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #4

Oh, well, that's less complicated then :p

You'd want to fetch that entity's index somehow then fire a SetEntProp* on it. Read through datamaps of trigger_push and find the correct property, which I believe is "m_flSpeed". You can find all the datamaps by executing "sm_dump_datamaps datamaps.txt", this will create datamaps.txt in the server's tf/ folder containing the dump.

So, here's the untested code:
PHP Code:
SetEntPropFloat(TriggerPushEntityIndexProp_Data"m_flSpeed"1337.0); 
d1rTyS
Old 03-03-2016 , 01:00   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #5

Uhhm yeah that reply defintely applies to my last sentence of my most recent post

Thank you very much for your reply though!

I'm sorry if i was unclear about this but this is what I catually want to get to work:

Since we all know hat trigger_push is pretty laggy in csgo i discovered that trigger_gravity provides the same functionality but with a lag free prediction.

What i really want to do is:

1. find all trigger_push (FindEtiityByClassname())
2. get all entities which "pushdir" is "-90 0 0"
3. convert the entity to a trigger_gravity
4. add the property "gravity" which is dependent on the "speed" you get from the trigger_push
5. remove properties like "speed, pushdir, and alternatetickfix"

Last edited by d1rTyS; 03-03-2016 at 01:12.
Jackol1234
Old 03-03-2016 , 01:10   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #6

If you're looking for something to fix trigger_push, blaacky released a pushfix that works great. Here is the topic https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=267131
d1rTyS
Old 03-03-2016 , 01:34   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackol1234 View Post
If you're looking for something to fix trigger_push, blaacky released a pushfix that works great. Here is the topic https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=267131
Thx dude this is solved. Only "pushfix" i found regarding this was something that teleports you up a couple of units!

But yea just for the sake of curiosity, how would you modify ents like you can with Stripper:Source in sourcemod?

I give you an example surf_crzyfrog_reloaded uses trigger_gravity to set your gravity. But in CSGO once you leave this trigger_gravity your gravity will get set to 1 (in my understanding this is sv_gravity's value which defauts to 800). I converted these zones into a trigger_multiple with a OnStartTouch output that sets !activator's gravity to the desired value using Stripper.

Is converting a trigger_gravity to a trigger_multiple and adding In- and Outputs possible in sourcemod? And if, how?

Agian thank you very much for you replies!

Last edited by d1rTyS; 03-03-2016 at 02:11.
Jackol1234
Old 03-03-2016 , 02:07   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #8

No problem, man. I was trying to figure out the same thing about crzyfrog, actually. If you find out tell me!

Edit: If you're wondering about adding inputs and outputs you can use the stripper modify commands "insert" and "replace" for that.

Last edited by Jackol1234; 03-03-2016 at 02:09. Reason: Added some stuff.
d1rTyS
Old 03-03-2016 , 02:16   Re: [CS:GO] Replace entity properties similar to Stripper:Source
Reply With Quote #9

Sure that is exactly what i did

Here have the imporant lines of my surf_crzyfrog_reloaded.cfg file (hope this helps):

Code:
modify:
{
    match:
    {
        "gravity" "1"
        "classname" "trigger_gravity"
    }

replace:
    {
    }

insert:
    {
        "wait" "1"
        "OnStartTouch" "!activator,AddOutput,gravity 1,0,-1"
    }

delete:
    {
        "gravity" "1"
    }
}

{
    match:
    {
        "gravity" "-1"
        "classname" "trigger_gravity"
    }

replace:
    {
    }

insert:
    {
        "wait" "1"
        "OnStartTouch" "!activator,AddOutput,gravity -1,0,-1"
    }

delete:
    {
        "gravity" "-1"
    }
}
Also i know how to add In- and Outputs to certain entites with Stripper.

But still i'm interested in a way to achieve similar results using sourcemod!

Again thank you for all your help!

Last edited by d1rTyS; 03-03-2016 at 02:44.