3% 

New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC

Post New Thread Reply   

Kolapsicle
Old 01-06-2016 , 14:31   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
The open-source aspect has nothing to do with it.
How does it not? Reverse engineering is much easier when you can see the bare code.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2016 , 21:30   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolapsicle View Post
How does it not? Reverse engineering is much easier when you can see the bare code.
What would "reverse engineering" accomplish if you can't upload your new code to the server? You'd need to gain access to the server's filesystem, which is far more serious of an issue than cheating within the game itself.

This new cheat appears to cause the client to fire hitscan bullets in a different direction than the client's eye angles, which is weird. Even without access to SMAC's code, it wouldn't take a genius to determine that SMAC examines eyeangles and how they change immediately prior to a successful hit, and to make the decision to create an "aimbot" cheat that doesn't aim.

Last edited by ddhoward; 01-06-2016 at 21:30.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-08-2016 , 09:07   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #13

Cheats have been doing this since before I was part of the SM community (the technique is called "silent aim"), it just makes them nicer to use for the player as their screen isn't snapping all over the place constantly - the correct angles are still being sent to the server.
AFAIK SMAC does not, and never has had, any heuristic aimbot detections like snap detection - the eye angles checks are for detecting anti-aimbot features, not aimbots.
Old 01-09-2016 , 13:57   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotov View Post
Allow me to explain on who this guy is.

This guy is Vladislav Tsimbulov aka V952. He has over 6 years of experience with Source Engine/Source SDK/WinAPI. I'm sure he's found someway to bypass smac.

On a sidenote, his tf2 cheat contains a fuck load of useless features, like show local player path, disable local foot steps, ignore z velocity on bunnyhop, disable html mods, and others. View more at {LINK REMOVED}

No, I am not some supporter of this cheat. I'm a lithium user and apparently we are at war with lmaobox and nullcore. Just though i'd put this out there, people. Feel free to judge me.
henk717
Old 01-10-2016 , 08:34   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Cheats have been doing this since before I was part of the SM community (the technique is called "silent aim"), it just makes them nicer to use for the player as their screen isn't snapping all over the place constantly - the correct angles are still being sent to the server.
AFAIK SMAC does not, and never has had, any heuristic aimbot detections like snap detection - the eye angles checks are for detecting anti-aimbot features, not aimbots.
Thats the odd thing, i am fairly sure it also looks like this if your spectating the guy.
I cought someone because our custom projectile weapon wasn't firing in the direction he was shooting at. I never saw someone pull that off before.

Could this have been lag? Or did they find a way to send different shooting angles as opposed to viewing angles.

www.bouncyball.eu - Revolution Coop - Join - Spectate
Kolapsicle
Old 01-19-2016 , 18:42   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk717 View Post
Thats the odd thing, i am fairly sure it also looks like this if your spectating the guy.
I cought someone because our custom projectile weapon wasn't firing in the direction he was shooting at. I never saw someone pull that off before.

Could this have been lag? Or did they find a way to send different shooting angles as opposed to viewing angles.
Silent Aim and Perfect Silent Aim both modify eye angles, neither of which the client-side user (running the cheat) will see, the only difference is that the latter also manipulates network packets to hide the eye angle changes from at the very least other players (spectators).

It's also worth noting that spread can be controlled by the client in older source games allowing clients to send bullets towards enemies within their spread cone without having to aim at them.

If either of the above is what you witnessed, it is plausible that there was foul play.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2016 , 01:52   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #17

I am confused. If you speced this guy 2 of might say it is lag? Oh my....the brainwashing is strong.

@red that was a good movie ��

Last edited by MaloModo; 02-01-2016 at 01:54.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-03-2016 , 21:27   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I am confused. If you speced this guy 2 of might say it is lag? Oh my....the brainwashing is strong.

@red that was a good movie ******************
Ko2bnt
Old 12-28-2016 , 14:11   Re: New style of Aimbotting not yet seen by SMAC
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk717 View Post
I was curious if there is a method of detecting this by for example comparing the camera to the direction the bullets are fired.
Yes, Henky. There is a method. But you have to start with coding cheats first instead of coding protection. Because you don't understand how cheats works. I understand and I implemented 3 basic methods of NCC detection in the core of my server. If you googled some aimbot code examples, you should understand that any silent/perfect/super/mega aim is done on the client side and you can detect this on the server. You only need to add some heuristics. And, of course, you have to get/buy cheats as much as possible, so you can study them. I'll give you a hint - use the SMAC code (modify it) and write your own plugin. it's extremely simple, you can't even imagine. just try it.