Old 09-28-2008 , 13:31   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #61

Well, from the looks of it it occurs in every map on the server, for example

fy_pool_day
aim_crazyjump
aim_sk_awp
scoutzknivez
aim_factory

On most of these maps you are able to be pretty close to the roof/sky so that might be the problem, it only occurs like ones every hour so it's not an big issue (I guess the plugin continues to run after an error like this?)
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-28-2008 , 14:30   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eropid View Post
Well, from the looks of it it occurs in every map on the server, for example

fy_pool_day
aim_crazyjump
aim_sk_awp
scoutzknivez
aim_factory

On most of these maps you are able to be pretty close to the roof/sky so that might be the problem, it only occurs like ones every hour so it's not an big issue (I guess the plugin continues to run after an error like this?)
This is something that needs to be addressed though. Even if the bot can't be spawned due to map limitation, I want to atleast put a block in there to avoid the error. Does anyone know how I can go about detecting if an origin is outside of a map boundaries?

New release in first page

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-28-2008 at 14:36.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:04
freamer
This message has been deleted by freamer. Reason: double post
freamer
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:02   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #63

Em, i think plugin is missing some small improvement - amxbans support,as many of us are using this system.

Keep up the good work
-----

Have just tested your plugin.
Plugin is missing some accuracy,I can`t say really what,but it has detected aimbotter only from a second time. In the first check period, cheater did hit the bot many times,but he wasnt reported as an aimer. Maybe you should add some more points to upper body.

Maybe it`s because i did 4 checks on him, 2 of which he played with cheats turned off. Might it be the reason?
----
Would be nice,if shoot_blanks punishment would be applied even if the cheater reconnects.

Last edited by freamer; 09-29-2008 at 09:09.
minimiller
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #64

maybe detect if the player dies, then put a bot above the head, if thats hit aswell make another bot even higher than the last 1?
Then if thats hit aswell kick/ban or w/e
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by freamer View Post
Have just tested your plugin.
Plugin is missing some accuracy,I can`t say really what,but it has detected aimbotter only from a second time. In the first check period, cheater did hit the bot many times,but he wasnt reported as an aimer. Maybe you should add some more points to upper body.

Maybe it`s because i did 4 checks on him, 2 of which he played with cheats turned off. Might it be the reason?
----
Would be nice,if shoot_blanks punishment would be applied even if the cheater reconnects.
The player really needs to hit the bot in the head on the to be detected immediately. It really does take 2-3 detection bot spawns to detect a player if he does not hit the bot directly in the head. I am trying to avoid false detections from recoil or w\e.

I will probably add punishment remembering if punishment is not kick or ban.
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:22   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #66

Thanks.
Second ago wanted to check logs for detected cheaters and recalled that my log files are 100k each or more in size and i think im not alone )
so, can you make a separate log file for reporting also?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-29-2008 , 09:44   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Thanks.
Second ago wanted to check logs for detected cheaters and recalled that my log files are 100k each or more in size and i think im not alone )
so, can you make a separate log file for reporting also?
I definitely will do. After thinking about your post I decided I am going to try changing around the hitpoints on the bot. Maybe increase leg hits to 2 pts, keep mid-body at 3, and head 5.

Edit: After some quick test rounds I found that the first time around is not enough time to flag a player since the bot is only there for a half a second (thus can only be shots 1 or 2 times). The trade-off is either keeping the bot in the air longer or increasing body hit points. I think keeping the bot in the air longer may be the better of the two since the aimbot player may notice the bot the first time then toggle off his aimbot. I am going to see how 1 full second works.

Edit2: In most of my tests, no detections happen in the first bot spawn. In the second bot spawn I usually get punished after my first shot. An adjustment is needed in either body hit points or the amount of time the bot exists. I am thinking I may increase the amount of time the bot exists, maybe to 3 seconds. My reasoning is I have a feeling that after the first bot spawn the aimbot player may know something is going on and will just cause him to toggle off the aimbot so maybe the better way to handle this is to use only 1 bot attempt and keep it in the air longer. Comments?

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-29-2008 at 10:59.
freamer
Old 09-29-2008 , 11:03   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #68

You are definitly right. In my observations,bot is high enough for normal players to miss his legs,so 1 sec would be okay.
I tryed shooting the bot after I killed someone,but i failed.

Maybe this might help you to prevent bot spawning outside a map:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75882

Edit: ehm, we can spawn bot for a 3 sec for the first check only,other checks - 1 sec.
Anyway,are you trying to catch brainy cheaters?
I thought your plugin is mostly targeted on dumb ones

Last edited by freamer; 09-29-2008 at 11:08.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-29-2008 , 11:19   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
You are definitly right. In my observations,bot is high enough for normal players to miss his legs,so 1 sec would be okay.
I tryed shooting the bot after I killed someone,but i failed.

Maybe this might help you to prevent bot spawning outside a map:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75882

Edit: ehm, we can spawn bot for a 3 sec for the first check only,other checks - 1 sec.
Anyway,are you trying to catch brainy cheaters?
I thought your plugin is mostly targeted on dumb ones
Its not going to work on brainy cheaters -- they probably don't set it to always target the head so it isn't obvious. If we can make it catch the brainy cheaters, that would be awesome. The dumb ones are blatant enough to just manually ban without second guessing. If we can put the bot higher in the air and remove the recoil problem then we can go back to banning if the bot gets shot even once -- which I think is most effective.
Old 09-29-2008 , 11:33   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #70

One suggestion might be to wait a full second or so before you spawn the bot. That way the player will more than likely not be shooting and having recoil from the kill. Then place the bot for a full second or two and see if that gets hit.

Just an idea.

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015