Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

freamer
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:46   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #51

Wow,fast reply.

Would be nice to limit aimbot reporting to admins with special flag.

I think you didn`t get my last suggestion.
For example,if player hits bot in only some specific zones(only 1 zone for example),he is 99% aimbot user. We can exclude recoil possibility this way.
IdiotSavant
Old 09-27-2008 , 16:10   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
I think someone else mentioned this, they recommended putting a model above the bots head or something. What does model detection do?
I would think that any standard model would work as long as it is of the opposite team of the suspected aimbotter.

Test could be performed. I have servers we can make test servers if you wish. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015

Last edited by IdiotSavant; 09-27-2008 at 16:13.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-27-2008 , 17:06   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by freamer View Post
Wow,fast reply.

Would be nice to limit aimbot reporting to admins with special flag.

I think you didn`t get my last suggestion.
For example,if player hits bot in only some specific zones(only 1 zone for example),he is 99% aimbot user. We can exclude recoil possibility this way.
Why limit the reporting? I maybe understand limiting who can assign an aimwatch to a player but why limit the reporting? For the hit-zones, not a bad idea. Perhaps if the player shoots legs only we can consider this being recoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotSavant View Post
I would think that any standard model would work as long as it is of the opposite team of the suspected aimbotter.

Test could be performed. I have servers we can make test servers if you wish. Let me know if I can help in any way.
To be honest, I have no idea what is meant by model detection for aimbots. If anyone can suggest a way how to implement this into the plugin I would be glad to do so.

For testing I have a dedicated server on my pc that I use with bots, thanks for offering though.

What I do need is some testing to determine good ratios to use for auto-detection and\or changes\additions to the current methods used in auto-detection. Today, I cleared my stats and played about 10 rounds with aimbot on, I adjusted the ratio's again according to what my stats were.
Old 09-27-2008, 18:26
ehha
This message has been deleted by ehha. Reason: my bad
brandonc
Old 09-27-2008 , 22:00   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #54

I use xredirect and would love to implement this, however I feel as if this could cause problems with the the plugins (xredirect) slot reservations Could someone possibly advise on this ?
freamer
Old 09-28-2008 , 01:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Why limit the reporting? I maybe understand limiting who can assign an aimwatch to a player but why limit the reporting?
For example, I cant trust all admins on my server,some of them just joined my team. As I understood, only 1 admin on server can watch for aimbtters,and only to 1 admin it will be reported? If im wrong,correct me . It wont be nice if i reconnect and my watching mode will go to some admin,who doesn`t really care about cheaters atm or at all. That`s the problem.
So, in my opinion,special flag is highly required,but can be set to ADMIN_BAN by default .

Quote:
For the hit-zones, not a bad idea. Perhaps if the player shoots legs only we can consider this being recoil?
You got it ;)
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-28-2008 , 10:00   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by freamer View Post
For example, I cant trust all admins on my server,some of them just joined my team. As I understood, only 1 admin on server can watch for aimbtters,and only to 1 admin it will be reported? If im wrong,correct me . It wont be nice if i reconnect and my watching mode will go to some admin,who doesn`t really care about cheaters atm or at all. That`s the problem.
So, in my opinion,special flag is highly required,but can be set to ADMIN_BAN by default .

You got it ;)
Oh I see, I guess it's not a bad idea. I am in a similar situation myself. I'll add it so the admin must have RCON access to get notified
Old 09-28-2008 , 10:22   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #57

Is it possible to set a limit on like 10 kills before it checks the K/D ratio? as it is now it triggers aimbot checking after the first round (when players have like 2 kills and 1 death)

It also seems to check the same players over and over so maybe it should remember which ones it already checked! (so it only checks the same player like ones per map)

Other than that this is a great plugin!
Im running it right now and it will be interesting to se if it catch any cheaters!
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-28-2008 , 10:43   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eropid View Post
Is it possible to set a limit on like 10 kills before it checks the K/D ratio? as it is now it triggers aimbot checking after the first round (when players have like 2 kills and 1 death)
Yes, that can be increased to atleast 10 kills. The only exception is if a player has 0 deaths, the plugin will begin watching at 5 kills. If any deaths exist, monitoring starts at 10 kills.

Quote:
It also seems to check the same players over and over so maybe it should remember which ones it already checked! (so it only checks the same player like ones per map)
This has already been done and will be in next release. A player only gets watched once per map.

As far as checking where the bot is shot to apply punishments, how do you guys think this should be handled.

I was thinking a point system based on body location. Head = 5 pts, chest\arms = 3 pts, legs = 1 pt.

Then we check, it pts = 5, apply punishment. yes\no?

PHP Code:
            //bot was shot

if( iHitzone == HIT_HEAD )

g_HitPoints+=5

else if ( ( iHitzone == HIT_LEFTARM ) || ( iHitzone == HIT_CHEST ) || ( iHitzone == HIT_RIGHTARM ) )

g_HitPoints+=3

else

g_HitPoints++

if( 
g_HitPoints >= )
            {

//apply punishment

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-28-2008 at 11:37.
Eropid
Old 09-28-2008 , 12:12   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #59

The points system sound pretty good!

btw I get this error pretty often:

Quote:
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: Start of error session.
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: Info (map "aim_crazyjump") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20080928.log")
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: [FUN] Player out of range (0)
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "aimbotdetect.amxx")
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: [AMXX] Run time error 10: native error (native "set_user_origin")
L 09/28/2008 - 17:421: [AMXX] [0] 31815.attach::func_Ham_Killed_Player (line 508 )
Don't know what it is
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-28-2008 , 12:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
The points system sound pretty good!

btw I get this error pretty often:

Don't know what it is
I have not yet gotten that error. What map are you on when you get the error? Is the bot being spawned within the boundaries of the map?