NoSil (hides silencer on models)

Post New Thread Reply   

XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2008 , 12:09   Re: NoSil
Reply With Quote #21

Rewritten, bugs fixed, updated, etc.
ambideXter
Old 02-18-2009 , 06:06   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsfan2001 View Post
Hm... I have other (better) skins for that but no skin for unsilenced p_models

I don't know how to edit models so can someone do it for me, please ?

It would be very nice,

best regards,
swf2001
give me a message so you can send your custom p_ and w_ model and ill give it try. often i can do it but sometimes a bone structure i way to complex to find the joint the silencer is linked to, then you will have to ask someone with more experience with Milkshape 3D. plugin is an awsome id btw, adds more realism, wich is always a good thing, got my dl, kudo's and karma for the maker as soon as i can give karma [24 hrs w8 bla bla], cheers.

Last edited by ambideXter; 02-18-2009 at 06:14.
Costin83
Old 04-19-2010 , 00:18   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #23

I think I made a little improvement to the code, though I don't know how to script... (when player spawns he would had the default silenced usp model until he switched weapons) now I've added a second check on item deploy so when the player spawns/drops his primary weapon it would update the model accordingly.

Also I've added a shield unsilenced usp model because we all know that when you have a shield the usp can't be silenced, and I believe this feature it's a "must" for this plugin.

EDIT:

Removed the source code.
Thx to ConnorMcLeod the plugin was rewritten in a correct manner so the source code is now available in the following anterior post: #31
It's not tested yet, and I don't really have the time right now but from my experience, Connor® plugins are always bulletproof
Attached Files
File Type: zip models.zip (119.6 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by Costin83; 02-26-2012 at 10:06.
Send a message via Yahoo to Costin83
sign92
Old 04-27-2010 , 14:43   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #24

It has a bug when you use it with http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99608 Weapon Throwing plugin. When you have unsilenced usp or m4a1 you couldn't drop your weapon in any direction except under your feet.
Costin83
Old 04-28-2010 , 01:31   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sign92 View Post
It has a bug when you use it with http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99608 Weapon Throwing plugin. When you have unsilenced usp or m4a1 you couldn't drop your weapon in any direction except under your feet.
If you are saying this to me, well I dont think that it can't be related with the fact that I changed something in the plugin... What I've done doesn't change at all the way the plugin "works"... Test with the normal plugin in the first post and you should get the same result. If there is any conflict between these two plugins maybe you should ask XxAvalanchexX, the real author for help.

I have a hunch where the "BUG" may be but I don't think that I may be able to fix it. This plugin, if I understood the code right, detects if a player droped/thrown a weapon un/silenced, and if it does detect an unsilenced weapon, sets the w_weapon model to the right one (unsilenced) Maybe here is the actual conflict. Maybe the "weapon_throwing" plugin doesn't catch the unsilenced w_model as belonging to a player.... maybe... I can't say.
sign92
Old 04-28-2010 , 07:37   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #26

No. I'm not saying this to you. I've tested both versions and they all have this bug. I hope XxAvalanchexX will fix it.
P.S. I've installed your version of plugin and it's very good. So can you make your version with shield when bug will be fixed?
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2010 , 07:41   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #27

I can't see how it can be related.

- my plugins -
chuchung712
Old 04-28-2010 , 08:38   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #28

silencer is one of the symbols to identify USP for me
so... @@
anyway, well done~
sign92
Old 04-28-2010 , 11:00   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
I can't see how it can be related.
I have this bug only when both plugins are running (Weapon Throwing and NoSil). Separately they work perfect.
Costin83
Old 04-28-2010 , 18:24   Re: NoSil (hides silencer on models)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchung712 View Post
silencer is one of the symbols to identify USP for me
so... @@
anyway, well done~
Yes you're right, M4A1 and USP are meant to be that way. But some of us just don't like it this way. I know that this is a game where "reflex" and "fast" are 2 life savers. That's why w_models are bigger than there p_model relatives, and that's why w_grenades (nade smoke flash) are even bigger; just to see them in a glimpse and make the difference between them.

This kind of plugins are just eye-candies for normal CS. But most of us, unprofessional gamers like them