Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

anybody remember HPF?

Post New Thread Reply   

mr_evil_penguin
Old 04-29-2004 , 08:20   anybody remember HPF?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm in the process of building (-j2 -march=pentium4.. should be xeon/p4-ht native) amxmodx, metamodx, original metamod (for cdeath compat), csstats, and anything else I can get my hands on that has public sources... anybody interested in an athlon-xp/athlon-mp/pentium3/via-c3-2 or any other processor version of this?

If there's enough interest, i'll be happy to crank out binaries using glibc 2.3, glibc 2.2 and gcc 2.95/3.3.2 (my current compiler).. Just ask, I'll try to make it all happen.

Oh, and sorry ladies, I don't support win32 hlds, so don't ask... if you want a dedicated server, learn something worthwhile (linux)
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2004 , 09:22  
Reply With Quote #2

As soon as Will Day updates orignal metamod BAILOPAN is going to remove MMX, soo doing metamodx would be pointless.

Also by doing HPF (assuming you mean high preformace files) for only linux people then basically you have a very small base that will even remotely use your files, some people would like HPF but do not have the choice of OS thier server is hosted on (i.e they purchased a game rental server, which most people have).

Soo doing something for half of the AMXX community is pretty much useless when you can just go all the way without much trouble.

What I am saying is, if your willing to do something for half the community then you should be willing to go the full mile and do it for all of the community.

BAILOPAN
Old 04-29-2004 , 11:21  
Reply With Quote #3

1) Windows can be optimized as Linux can too. There are worthwhile optimizations just as there are on linux.

2) I have decided not to release HPF packages for one important reason: Support. I do not think I will even make i686 packages in the future. The reason is that they are not meant to work everywhere, and the performance difference is negligible with maybe 60 bytes saved on the binary.

I build all binaries on 200MHz Debian machine using GCC 2.95, and all i686 binaries on a Gentoo machine using GCC 3.4 - I feel that the Debian ones will be more universally accepted under different architectures.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-01-2004 , 08:21  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
I feel that the Debian ones will be more universally accepted under different architectures.
Interesting, you know that the intel chip know as Prescott.
I beleave that the its has i new architecture, are you going to compile a verions of amxmodx that will take that to heart?
Old 05-01-2004 , 10:51  
Reply With Quote #5

If I have access to a machine that can do it, sure
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-02-2004 , 01:52  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
If I have access to a machine that can do it, sure
I am getting a new mobo soon (ASUS P4C800 Deluxe - $163.00) and i think i am going to end up pairing it with the new Prescott (Intel P4 3.0 GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, w/ HT OEM - $218.00) So i was hopeing to get the best out of it.