Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-14-2010 , 19:52   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #11

Fixed? It's not broken. This was an intentional change by HPE to prevent clients from using third party addons (such as SourceMod, EventScripts, LUA, and many more) to cheat.
Old 10-14-2010 , 21:23   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #12

I know that. What I'm asking is: aren't the addons supposed to work when -insecure is used?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2010 , 05:12   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by step View Post
I know that. What I'm asking is: aren't the addons supposed to work when -insecure is used?
Yes, you get addons run when set your own game -insecure
- I tested and mms and sm, works but you can't open admin menu anymore
Code:
[SM] This command can only be used in-game.
Install, host and use addons on Source Dedicated Server is best way...
Listen servers is history
step
Old 10-15-2010 , 05:33   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #14

Did you tested in CS:S? It doesn't work for me with the latest stable snapshots. What versions did you use?
I don't intend to use this to host a server, it's just for testing.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2010 , 08:50   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #15

Cs:s with MMS 1.8.3 and SM 1.3.4

But SRCDS is free, you don't need host to everyone, only for yourself if you want even for testing purpose.

I asume nowadays players who wanted addons work again from listen servers are going to try start use cheats bypass and nothing else.
step
Old 10-15-2010 , 09:17   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #16

I tried those versions and they didn't work. I wonder how you did it.
You assume wrong, like I said 3 times already, this is for testing purposes, and it needs to be on the client, because what I'm looking for doesn't exist in the server. And I already use srcds...
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-15-2010 , 09:44   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
what I'm looking for doesn't exist in the server.
I derped.
Old 10-15-2010 , 09:46   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #18

What is that supposed to mean? If you can't or don't want to help me, then don't, but don't make me waste my time.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2010 , 17:38   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
What is that supposed to mean? If you can't or don't want to help me, then don't, but don't make me waste my time.
What you're looking for, as in wallhacks and speedhacks? There isn't much on the client, logic-wise, that is not available on the server.

Last edited by Afronanny; 10-16-2010 at 20:15.
santaclaus
Old 10-16-2010 , 18:26   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #20

XD