Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Solved [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?

Post New Thread Reply   

Shadowysn
Old 12-02-2019 , 06:28   [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #1

realconfusion.png

This piece of code, specifically GetCryOutNumber, spouted so much compile errors that I can't pinpoint to; the errors only happen after the first else. I've already updated to the latest sourcemod, and this still happens.

Code requires SceneProcessor, found here.

Spoiler

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(757) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(759) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(760) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(761) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(762) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(764) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
This was only a quarter of the spammed errors from the compiler.

EDIT: After forcing and converting the plugin into new syntax, (turns out it was all just an easy fix and one guess) there's now an additional error popping up at the top of the error spam:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\L4D_DeadRinger.sp(760) : error 054: unmatched closing brace ("}")
Even though this looks like the cause of all this, I still don't get it. On Notepad++ the reported brace is lining up perfectly with the other brace, securing the function in. How could this happen?
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D_DeadRinger.sp - 34 views - 51.8 KB)

Last edited by Shadowysn; 12-02-2019 at 20:24.
JoinedSenses
Old 12-02-2019 , 08:46   Re: [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #2

On mobile right now, so my help is limited.

One thing I noticed is the char functions need to be char[]. They must return a variable, not a const, meaning anything with quotes or brackets. You also cant initialize arrays with a non constant. It must first be declared, then set. Here is a working example:

Code:
#include <sourcemod>

public void OnPluginStart() {
	char w[32];
	w = f();
	PrintToServer(w);
}

char[] f() {
	char w[] = "whatever";
	return w;
}
Might be better to instead pass the string as a function parameter by ref instead of returning it. Example:
Code:
#include <sourcemod>

char w[32]
	f(w, sizeof(w));
	PrintToServer(w);
}

void f(char[] w, int size) {
	strcopy(w, size, "whatever");
}
Sourcepawn also does not allow string comparisons with ==. Use StrEqual or do someString[0] == '\0' to check if string is empty.

Last edited by JoinedSenses; 12-02-2019 at 09:05.
Shadowysn
Old 12-02-2019 , 09:21   Re: [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinedSenses View Post
On mobile right now, so my help is limited.

One thing I noticed is the char functions need to be char[]. They must return a variable, not a const, meaning anything with quotes or brackets. You also cant initialize arrays with a non constant. It must first be declared, then set. Here is a working example:

Code:
#include <sourcemod>

char w[32];
	w = f();
	PrintToServer(w);
}

char[] f() {
	char w[] = "whatever";
	return w;
}
Might be better to instead pass the string as a function parameter by ref instead of returning it. Example:
Code:
#include <sourcemod>

char w[32]
	f(w, sizeof(w));
	PrintToServer(w);
}

void f(char[] w, int size) {
	strcopy(w, size, "whatever");
}
Sourcepawn also does not allow string comparisons with ==. Use StrEqual or do someString[0] == '\0' to check if string is empty.
Thanks for those suggestions as well as reminding me not to compare strings using == (I had an obscure feeling that something was wrong when I did that)

Unfortunately the main problem still exists - the compiling is screwed over after the else part.
I don't know why, but the compiler's failing and I do not know why or how. One of the lines it reports is:
else if (StrEqual(cl_survname, "producer", false))
when there was another line before that used the EXACT same function:
if (StrEqual(cl_survname, "gambler", false))

It could be the else that is broken, but I don't know why...?

Last edited by Shadowysn; 12-02-2019 at 09:27.
JoinedSenses
Old 12-02-2019 , 09:27   Re: [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #4

Post your new code, or you also might get better feedback if you join the sourcemod discord channel. https://discord.gg/HUc67zN
Old 12-02-2019 , 16:24   Re: [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #5

Try this code attached

But IMO seems that this code don't work since the "SpoutDeathOfSurvivorName" method is never called. :S
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D_DeadRinger.sp - 113 views - 53.1 KB)
Old 12-02-2019 , 20:14   Re: [L4D2] Masses of compiling error 010 without detectable cause?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Try this code attached

But IMO seems that this code don't work since the "SpoutDeathOfSurvivorName" method is never called. :S
The whole vocal method is unfinished, BeginVocalizations is supposed to call that function for the first vocal.

There was a few errors but it works now, thanks!

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4