Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[standalone req] 'ready' plugin for competitive play?

Post New Thread Reply   

titaniumone
Old 12-13-2004 , 11:31   [standalone req] 'ready' plugin for competitive play?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I have an irc bot which interfaces with several servers I have rcon to, allowing people to make games through it without ever needing an admin/op. It's fast and easy to use.

However, I have no way to reliably start the game once people are ready to play. I'd like to request someone (or for the authors of sourcemod to include this in a future release) create this simple plugin for competitive play:

When someone from both teams has typed "ready", a config will be executed. This could contain anything (mp_restartgame 1, executing another config, etc).

This could work by having a boolean for each team, and when someone says "ready", check their team, and set that team's boolean to true. When someone else says ready, if they are on the opposing team, execute readyconfig.cfg and unset the boolean. This way, people can type 'ready', play 15 rounds, then type 'ready' again to restart for the next half.

This would(should?) be really simple to write. I would do it myself, but I don't know C/C++, only Java

I would appreciate if anyone would try to implement this. It would definitely be put to good use!