Post New Thread Reply   

imported_malex
Old 10-21-2004 , 01:06  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dygear
Quote:
Originally Posted by malex
Uploading a screenshot would be real cool, however. I remember back to the days of Punkbuster, which allowed this. We caught more than one cheater by going through the screenshots.

\malex\
Yes PB, This is on BF1942, and I use it on Luds BF server (witch I am an admin on). It's sick, it takes a screen shot and while they are connected they upload the image with idle bandwith.
It's nice to see they are still around. I've stopped following them after they stopped supporting Half-Life.

\malex\
DarkMind
Old 10-29-2004 , 06:00  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
[*]I did not know that HL2 had implemented a way of taken Screen Shots of players. Dose the Screen Shot get sent to the server, or must the client upload the image themself?
To be honest, I'm not even sure if the Snapshot thingie is possible. I only added it since I saw it as a plugin for either AdminMod or ClanMod (I think). But, if possible, I think it should be uploaded to the server, or can be directed to a MySQL server (perhaps?). Just a thought.
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2004 , 11:38  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind
Quote:
[*]I did not know that HL2 had implemented a way of taken Screen Shots of players. Dose the Screen Shot get sent to the server, or must the client upload the image themself?
To be honest, I'm not even sure if the Snapshot thingie is possible. I only added it since I saw it as a plugin for either AdminMod or ClanMod (I think). But, if possible, I think it should be uploaded to the server, or can be directed to a MySQL server (perhaps?). Just a thought.
There's no way for us to get the client to automatically send us the screenshot.
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-29-2004 , 15:21  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
There's no way for us to get the client to automatically send us the screenshot.
On other hand there is at least one thing which is being sent from client to server in HL as of now - spray logo. So the only question is whether such feature can be used by mod via SDK in HL2...
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-03-2004 , 17:19  
Reply With Quote #15

wait, are you suggesting that the server tells the client to take a screen shot, and then that screen shot gets dumped in the pldecal.wad, and then sprayed by the client, and therefore seen on the server.

*Imagination Runs Off*
Old 11-03-2004 , 17:47  
Reply With Quote #16

actually it would be a good idea kinda... make it so the screenshot becomes their spraypaint, and then do a client command to make them use their spraypaint
Old 12-04-2004 , 01:58   admin_point
Reply With Quote #17

The plugin you guys are talking about, at least for adminmod, was called admin_point, and it was absolutely brilliant! IIRC, the way it was used was you would bind a key to "admin_point <command>", and you didnt have to be spectating them. For example, I had F9-F12 bound to "admin_point admin_slap", admin_slay, admin_kick and admin_ban respectively. I could use these binds on anyone in my crosshair when I was alive, not just spectating. It was indispensible back in the 1.3 days when I adminned a 32-player FF server and TK'ers were rampant and no ATAC existed. Aim->SLAY, next offense aim->BAN.

After getting used to that I find that I cant stand adminning with the console anymore... this takes the console right out of your everyday admin commands, and you dont have to deal with a menu.

The only problem I remember is after first-person spectating was released, sometimes if you were spec'ing someone in first person and they were aiming at someone, whatever admin_point command you used would hit the person they were aiming at instead of the person you were spec'ing. Easily fixed by making sure you spec in 3rd person chase and put your camera directly above them pointing down before you do something like admin_ban. And it didnt always register the first couple of times you tried to point at someone, so the best way to do anything was usually with the chase-cam pointing down. Otherwise you hit the point-slay button 1 or 2 too many times and slay the next person you're spectating accidentally.
Neo
Old 12-04-2004 , 12:43  
Reply With Quote #18

there is no pldecal.wad in Hl2 the logo info is in pdecal.vtf and pdecal.vmt
Send a message via AIM to Neo