12% 

Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
GoldNux
Old 04-04-2018 , 18:49   Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
Takes data from the csstats plugin and balances teams based on their Kill/Death ratio and specified amount of randomization.
I came up with the idea because me and my friends had a hard time making the teams even when playing 5v5 gathers.

Credits:
This is a collaborative project, but the majority of the code is done by my friend Nivo.
I have his permission to submit the code and he felt my name should be included.

Commands:
gn_kdrbalance <random_percent>

Supply a int parameter 0-999 which determines the percentage of randomization of player skill
from 0: no randomization, teams are balanced according to skill
to 999: skill has as good as no impact on the balance

example: gn_kdrbalance 10
will randomly give each players k/d -10% to +10% during balance
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (gn_kdrbalance.sma - 861 views - 2.5 KB)

Last edited by GoldNux; 04-05-2018 at 11:49.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2018 , 03:04   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #2

i also have this problem in my servers, does this plugin balance the teams on start of the match or in each roundstart? because changing teams everyround in 5 vs 5 will be boring, but if teams are sorted out by rank or skills would be great
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2018 , 06:56   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #3

To be honest I don't find a usage of this plugin because it plays with your team a lot and personally I don't really want plugins mess my team. Lets say you have a fresh new server with no data. Then what?
Lets say you somehow make it, but the real shit starts when your rank changes too much because of low kills and deaths, in conclusion the starting will always go bad. You can really give this plugin value if you check if data has more that 100 users/client stats so it doesn't effect the game too much.

I've not seen what's inside your idea but I suggest adding a cvar to shutdown this system.
Old 04-29-2018 , 09:50   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post
To be honest I don't find a usage of this plugin because it plays with your team a lot and personally I don't really want plugins mess my team. Lets say you have a fresh new server with no data. Then what?
Lets say you somehow make it, but the real shit starts when your rank changes too much because of low kills and deaths, in conclusion the starting will always go bad. You can really give this plugin value if you check if data has more that 100 users/client stats so it doesn't effect the game too much.

I've not seen what's inside your idea but I suggest adding a cvar to shutdown this system.
you are right, but you can look at this from another view, i also like to play with my team, and we have more than 1 server, this plugin will be on a separated servers with no admin online most of the time, so ppl don't make a unfair team.

about rank, you can activate after a while, or get rank by sql from other pug servers

it's a good idea
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2018 , 10:32   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
you are right, but you can look at this from another view, i also like to play with my team, and we have more than 1 server, this plugin will be on a separated servers with no admin online most of the time, so ppl don't make a unfair team.

about rank, you can activate after a while, or get rank by sql from other pug servers

it's a good idea
Gotcha but you actually have push your server a few weeks(from it's start) so it gets enough stats to compare in-between.
Old 04-29-2018 , 10:43   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #6

Can you explain why you have the get_players() player-id array index as a factor in the set_task() interval?

Code:
    new i     for (i = 0; i < playercount; i++)     {         new id = players[i]         if (!is_user_hltv(id) && cs_get_user_team(id) != CS_TEAM_SPECTATOR)         {             cs_set_user_team(id, CS_TEAM_SPECTATOR)                         new data[2]             data[0] = id             data[1] = i
            set_task((1.0 * i) + 4.0, "assignUserTeam", _, data, sizeof(data))
        }     }    
    set_task((1.0 * i) + 4.0, "restartRound")

1 x anything = anything. So assuming a 6 player game, players will be moved 1 second apart, starting at 4 seconds. Is this done intentionally?
Code:
(1 x 0) + 4 = 4 seconds
(1 x 1) + 4 = 5 seconds
(1 x 2) + 4 = 6 seconds
(1 x 3) + 4 = 7 seconds
(1 x 4) + 4 = 8 seconds
(1 x 5) + 4 = 9 seconds

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-29-2018 at 14:48.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2018 , 12:10   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #7

Looks like someone skipped school.
Old 05-09-2018 , 16:47   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxing View Post

The balancing function is triggered once by using the command, it is not running all the time.
So you run it when you are starting a gather, it was not made for 32 slot public servers.

I don't know what you mean by "it plays with your team a lot".
It is true that if you have a fresh server you obviously can't balance with this plugin.

But it only takes two or three matches to see who has some skill and who needs practice.
Plus you can still randomize if you want to, something that was requested not long ago.

And the plugin is only used in the beginning of every match, so let's say someone only has stats from a single game and he/she had an unusually good game.
Then it is true that for this player in perticular the balancing might not be perfect, but if you play a lot with the same people this plugin is very useful and I find it to work great!

The only issue is that there is not good way to pause stats logging during warmup, something that I have spent many hours trying to find a way to do.
A bug with the cvar "csstats_pause" still exists even though it has been reported and said to have been "resolved" many times.

Last edited by GoldNux; 05-09-2018 at 17:24.
GoldNux
Old 05-09-2018 , 17:00   Re: Kill / Death Ratio Team Balance
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
..players will be moved 1 second apart, starting at 4 seconds. Is this done intentionally?
Yes, this is intentional.
It looks nice, adds some dramatic suspsense and people have time to see everyones kill / death ratio.

Last edited by GoldNux; 05-09-2018 at 17:26.