Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SMAC Development Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2012 , 08:39   Re: SMAC Development Thread

Thanks Zero! How critical is this update? I wasn't planning on another release for about another week, so let me know if this should be pushed out now instead of waiting.
Old 03-14-2012 , 10:25   Re: SMAC Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Thanks Zero! How critical is this update? I wasn't planning on another release for about another week, so let me know if this should be pushed out now instead of waiting.
As critical as a critical module is, get it? Check your PM Box Tony!
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2012 , 15:15   Re: SMAC Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
I would not say its super critical update right now, but since how-to do the said exploit have been posted on steam forums, I would not wait too long either.

Hopefully a week does not matter. I have not seen anyone use it online yet, so I do not think its widespread yet.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2012 , 06:23   Re: SMAC Development Thread

I would say it's one of the worst exploits I've seen so far. not only does it work while being spawned, I just found out that it works while being in ghost mode too.

Imagine how easy it would be on a modded server that has ghost fly/ infected ghost leap and infinite team switching (and most 8vs8, 10vs10 servers do have infinite team switching + ghost fly/leap), to kill a survivor. you would basiclly spawn up in ghost mode, find the right place with ghost fly/leap, switch team, killing of the survivor bot, and then just switch back to the infected side and do it again. this opens up griefing possibilites which would ruin the game for all the others.

glad you fixed it, allthough I would have wished for non sdk hooks dependecy but it seems that everything that has to do with blocking damage requires sdk hooks these days.

Last edited by Visual77; 03-15-2012 at 06:33.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2012 , 07:04   Re: SMAC Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
glad you fixed it, allthough I would have wished for non sdk hooks dependecy but it seems that everything that has to do with blocking damage requires sdk hooks these days.
If there is an issue with L4D2 and SDK Hooks then you should mention it in its thread. SMAC has always made heavy use of that extension, and hacky workarounds (giving extra health on teamchanges, teleporting entities to avoid damage, etc) are never preferred over a real fix.
Old 03-15-2012 , 11:56   Re: SMAC Development Thread

my server always feels more heavy when sdk hooks is being used, also ending up with weird crashes that I would not have without the extension.

that's why I prefer running without it. there's no point of reporting it in its thread because people have been reporting similar issues with the extension on l4d2 and the comments have been ignored)

you would need to show some real debug to convince the creators of sdk hooks that there might be some issues with the extension and I neither have time or interest to do so.

I guess one of the builds are more stable than the other, I just need to find the right one for my server. 2.1 finale sure didn't feel right

edit: trying the old deprecated version 1.3. seems to be more light than the 2.0/2.1 versions.

Last edited by Visual77; 03-15-2012 at 17:42.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-15-2012 , 13:19  

I can only find a single unresolved issue with l4d2 posted in the last several months, and that was posted yesterday.

If you have an issue, report it, don't spread FUD. Especially since work is going forward to (possibly) include it in SourceMod in a future release.

Don't forget that SDKHooks itself doesn't do anything unless a plugin is using one of it's hooks, if a plugin using it is resource intensive (eg, SMAC's Anti-Wallhack module), it's not SDKHooks fault.

Last edited by asherkin; 03-15-2012 at 13:23.
theballin7
Old 03-16-2012 , 10:14   Re: SMAC Development Thread

can someone help me because i cant get a feature to work. i was testing the eye angles, convar banning but its not banning me when i have it set too autoban.

screenshot:

^^ i dont see anything in there about convar banning but i have the smac_cvars.smx in my plugins folder.

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzQUsJ6SzU

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 03-17-2012 at 05:33. Reason: thumbnail'd
Smarmy
Old 03-17-2012 , 05:07   Re: SMAC Development Thread

How are you testing it? -_-
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2012 , 05:32   Re: SMAC Development Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theballin7 View Post
can someone help me because i cant get a feature to work. i was testing the eye angles, convar banning but its not banning me when i have it set too autoban.
Are you somehow immune to being kicked/banned? What happens when you use sm_ban on yourself? Are you running SourceBans?

In the future you can copy and paste your config here (with code tags) instead of taking a screenshot.