Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FF2 [REQUEST] 2 Abilities

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2014 , 12:16   [REQUEST] 2 Abilities
Reply With Quote #1

First let me explain why I want a sub plugin for just 2 abilities, I want to make a unique version of the boss called Agent Smith(if you watched the matrix reloaded and revolution, you'll understand the reason behind this request) found on Disc-FF's ff2 server.
Can someone make me a subplugin for ff2 for a rage that acts like ff2_1st_set_abilities clone attack rage but with these differences:
Ability 1: Clone Hive Rage
1) Clones are 100% identical to boss(health(see 3), weapon, model, weapon shown/not shown, abilities(except certian rages, see 2), sounds(like blocked voice/replaced lines, etc, see 4), speed.
2) Clones can use all abilities except rages and ability request 2, but certian rages are given to clones when boss activates rage, rages that clones can't be given are: anything that would require the main boss only(like this ability request, standard clone attack rage).
3) Health, when clones spawn, I want it so that every clone is like the real boss, where they have same hp as real one, but when a clone gets damaged, every other clone/real boss gets damaged also. Same if real boss gets hurt, every clone also gets hurt. Recommend that real boss is only one handling hp(gets damaged where damage to clones is negated but changes to hp on real boss effect clones) so lives can still work.
4) Sound, the default clone rage attack doesn't give the clones the same voices as the main one and allows them to use default voice lines of the classes the boss is based off of which can be used to tell real boss from a clone.
5) Clones come out of boss, can be changed by other abilities, inc file may need to be created.
Ability 2: Injector Ability --Ability name could be improved, best I can come up with and you'll see why in it's description of it below:
1) Can only be given cool down times >= 75 and reason for this, it can be extremely op on lower times.
2) When it's done cooling down, the next attack doesn't kill a player on red team but insteads turns the player into a minion of the boss(silently and quickly kills, changes team and model, and respawns the player) and is spawned where the player was standing. The team change, silent kill and respawning is done after 3-5 seconds after player on red was hit. During that time, both the boss and player can't move and boss is vunerable to damage and can't defend himself(and can't be moved by airblasts, force-a-nature, crit anything, etc).
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2014 , 00:49   Re: [REQUEST] 2 Abilities
Reply With Quote #2

You can't easily set boss health if i recall correctly. i don't think there are natives for it. Could be wrong. Guess you could do something hacky like sdkhooks takedamage the boss when a minion gets hit or something.

Last edited by friagram; 02-12-2014 at 00:50.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2014 , 02:21   Re: [REQUEST] 2 Abilities
Reply With Quote #3

Adding stuff to freak_fortress_2.sp isn't hard.

Make native? Just copy paste the structure of an existing one.

(Ok, now that I think of it making one that lets you set a boss's HP would be a little harder.)

Last edited by Chdata; 02-12-2014 at 05:21.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2014 , 07:16   Re: [REQUEST] 2 Abilities
Reply With Quote #4

Well, if it's possible, it would make great and powerful bosses.
Edit: I wouldn't mine if you just negate damage to minions and use takedamage on boss because I know by default the clone rage attack when boss dies, minions die.

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-12-2014 at 07:17.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2014 , 16:20   Re: [REQUEST] 2 Abilities
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Ability 1: Clone Hive Rage
1) Clones are 100% identical to boss(health(see 3), weapon, model, weapon shown/not shown, abilities(except certian rages, see 2), sounds(like blocked voice/replaced lines, etc, see 4), speed.
2) Clones can use all abilities except rages and ability request 2, but certian rages are given to clones when boss activates rage, rages that clones can't be given are: anything that would require the main boss only(like this ability request, standard clone attack rage).
3) Health, when clones spawn, I want it so that every clone is like the real boss, where they have same hp as real one, but when a clone gets damaged, every other clone/real boss gets damaged also. Same if real boss gets hurt, every clone also gets hurt. Recommend that real boss is only one handling hp(gets damaged where damage to clones is negated but changes to hp on real boss effect clones) so lives can still work.
4) Sound, the default clone rage attack doesn't give the clones the same voices as the main one and allows them to use default voice lines of the classes the boss is based off of which can be used to tell real boss from a clone.
5) Clones come out of boss, can be changed by other abilities, inc file may need to be created.
Ability 2: Injector Ability --Ability name could be improved, best I can come up with and you'll see why in it's description of it below:
1) Can only be given cool down times >= 75 and reason for this, it can be extremely op on lower times.
2) When it's done cooling down, the next attack doesn't kill a player on red team but insteads turns the player into a minion of the boss(silently and quickly kills, changes team and model, and respawns the player) and is spawned where the player was standing. The team change, silent kill and respawning is done after 3-5 seconds after player on red was hit. During that time, both the boss and player can't move and boss is vunerable to damage and can't defend himself(and can't be moved by airblasts, force-a-nature, crit anything, etc).

Ability 1:
1) Has been done
2) Can be easily done
3) Not as easy to do, but nonetheless can be done
4) Might be doable, but don't think so
5) Already done

Ability 2:
1) Easily done
2) I have been working on this with little success

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
WildCard65
Veteran Member