Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2018 , 07:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahrechiiz View Post
Thanks Lux.

I tried superversus. It works great.

ABM however is not working as i expected.

when i play alone, minplayer = 4 & extra player = 4 makes it 1 player and 7 bots.

I can't get the idea of extra player then...

If anyone else want the server to always have 4 bots/players and only add more bots when >4 palyer join, Superversus's survivor_limit = 4 is what you want.

Congrats and glad to see you back ;3

Play as SI in coop is so much fun. But due to my problem, too much bots is boring, so I'm temporarily using superversus.

Can you explain a little about the min-player and extra-player?

Because what I understand is that the min-player = superversus's survivor_limit. and the extra-survivor limits the max player there can be.
You would need the following settings.

PHP Code:
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_extraplayers "0"
abm_teamlimit "8" 
You will start with only 4 survivors, and up to 4 more players can be survivors, but their bots will disappear when they leave. I think that's what you wanted.
Old 08-20-2018 , 15:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
You would need the following settings.

PHP Code:
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_extraplayers "0"
abm_teamlimit "8" 
You will start with only 4 survivors, and up to 4 more players can be survivors, but their bots will disappear when they leave. I think that's what you wanted.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Xanaguy
Old 09-06-2018 , 22:55   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #423

Hey! I'm back to L4D2. Anyways, I discovered that three functions in 1.9.7q blocked the ability to join Team 4, something about "model". But just thought one should know. Sorry to bump an old thread.

Edit: Made a separate plugin that enables admins to join the Fourth team without ABM's help. No need to do anything about it.

Last edited by Xanaguy; 10-07-2018 at 03:27.
NaturalBornCamper
Old 10-08-2018 , 04:43   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #424

Hello all,

I'm using ABM with L4DToolz and I can successfully join a server with 4 people in it, become the 5th player.

However, my friends cannot join. Is it because I'm admin and they are not? Once a person left, then one of my friend was able to join but not before.

Marco
lippnc
Old 10-09-2018 , 07:00   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #425

Here is a version that works for our servers. We also use l4dtoolz, LMC, and CSM/Survivor Chat select. It has been renamed to not confuse itself with any of Bucks versions. All FakeZoey has been removed as it is no longer needed. No tankhp and left4downtown2. No SI stuff either. Just spawns players 5 thru whatever with goodies.

Last edited by lippnc; 02-12-2021 at 00:08.
NaturalBornCamper
Old 10-09-2018 , 07:08   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version that works for our servers. We also use l4dtoolz, LMC, and CSM/Survivor Chat select. It has been renamed to not confuse itself with any of Bucks versions. All FakeZoey has been removed as it is no longer needed. No tankhp and left4downtown2. No SI stuff either. Just spawns players 5 thru whatever with goodies.
Were you answering me or that was just an independent message?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-09-2019 , 09:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by smxclj123 View Post
I noticed that it was because the continuously add bots and deleted them, but they didn't strip the items of these bots. (The new bot in survival mode will give first aid kits and pain pills by default, not like the coop mode)

I tried to add the relevant stripped code in front of add new survivor bot code and in front of the kick bot code, in the source file, but those all didn't work.

Is there a way to avoid this infinite and meaningless addition of bots,or cancel the default item(first aid kit and pain pill) for the new bot in Survival mode? Or is there a way to automatically delete unwanted items on the ground of the map? (I know that there is a plugin that can be used to manually delete ground items, but that's not enough because it requires the administrator to always sit in front of the computer and constantly enter the deleted instructions.)

Sorry for my bad English, through Google Translate
I bet you're talking about Helms Deep Reborn survival? If so, complain to the author of that map. He is deliberately sabotaging dedicated servers running SM and his map will always cause you problems. The problem you're describing is exactly a Helms Deep issue otherwise see the README on supplying players.
edwinvega86
Old 01-12-2019 , 20:21   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version of abm without autohard, SI spawning, left4downtown, and tankhp.
I have tried its complement in my servers of versus and it goes very well. now I would like to add it to the coperative but I always use (Infected Bots Control) I would not like to get rid of this add-on since I have adapted for my different types cooperative. could add cvar to discourage infected spawning
kot4404
Old 01-13-2019 , 06:47   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
I bet you're talking about Helms Deep Reborn survival? If so, complain to the author of that map. He is deliberately sabotaging dedicated servers running SM and his map will always cause you problems. The problem you're describing is exactly a Helms Deep issue otherwise see the README on supplying players.
I got that problem on helms deep reborn too and I though l4d downtown caused it lol
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-14-2019 , 07:33   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by smxclj123 View Post
It happens on every official survival map,i'm not test in Helms Deep. If it also happens in Helms Deep,it may not be the only problematic map...
I'm having problems reproducing your issue. If you're constantly spawning/kicking survivors you might want to make sure cvar abm_stripkick has a value of 1. This will strip the survivors of any items before they leave.