Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Ribbons limited

Post New Thread Reply   

Carioca
Old 08-18-2014 , 02:57   Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #1

I created some new actions at my hlstatsx, so that i have in total 24 different daily awards.
I also use some more ribbons as the standart: normal award, bronze, silver, golden, platin and supreme. Now it has in total 6x 24 ribbons, which i can`t create at hlstatsx, while its limited to about 100 ribbons in the database. When i create a new one, it just doesnt show up at the frontend.
Is there a way to change this? Would be nice if someone can tell me, where to set to unlimited entries.

Website: http://hlstats.half-life-gaming.net/...ds&game=hl2mp#

and where can i edit/find the link to the custom new daily and global award ribbons? I think there is an entry field missing, where you can set the path to the graphic files.

Last edited by Carioca; 08-18-2014 at 10:39.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2014 , 14:22   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
I created some new actions at my hlstatsx, so that i have in total 24 different daily awards.
I also use some more ribbons as the standart: normal award, bronze, silver, golden, platin and supreme. Now it has in total 6x 24 ribbons, which i can`t create at hlstatsx, while its limited to about 100 ribbons in the database. When i create a new one, it just doesnt show up at the frontend.
Is there a way to change this? Would be nice if someone can tell me, where to set to unlimited entries.
That is strange. The standard config of CSS has 221 Ribbons (I just checked it) for brass, silver and gold. I just copied the CREATE of my stats for the ribbons and cant see any restriction for the number of entries:

Spoiler

The only thing is: Do not use Ribbonnames with more then 50 Characters. Do not use öüä or some other "special" Characters. But maybe I am wrong I do not "speak" MySQL very well ^^

Quote:
and where can i edit/find the link to the custom new daily and global award ribbons? I think there is an entry field missing, where you can set the path to the graphic files.
Admin -> Ribbons
There should be a table with headlines like this:

Ribbon Name Image file Trigger Award No. awards needed Special logic Delete

under imagefile it has to be the name of the image you stored in:
YourwebsiteforHLstats\hlstatsimg\games\GAMENA ME\ribbons

Gamename is hl2mp in your case.

Making the graphic for Ribbons is the funsite. Implenting them correct in the webinterface is the worksite and can be very hard. Good Luck
Old 08-19-2014 , 07:21   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #3

well, thx for your help, but in total it helped me nothing

I only can say, that my hlstatsx version (1.6.19) will not publish more ribbons at Half Life 2 Deathmatch Mulitplayer. Its limited to 139 exactly. Equal which new ribbon i create, its not showing. If i delete one and create a new other one, its appearing. This must be a HLstatsX side problem in the database or code, bcs in the admin section, when i create a new ribbon after 139 its also not shown there. So its limited to 139 hlstatsx side. In CSS i didnt try, bcs i dont have a CSS server. Also i dont use names longer than 50 or special characters. Where could you find the code in the spoiler shown? whats the name of the file? and do you know, what i must change than? (i am not a coder, i am grahic designer, working on the funsite , so i realy dont know...)

And the second question you didnt understand well i guess. This only works at the normal ribbons what you wrote to me, not for the daily and global award ribbons. there is no field where you can set the path. where can i edit or create the link to the daily and global award ribbons for the custom actions? I think this is missing and maybe should be developed in the next version. On the webserver the files for daily and global awards are in different folders located than the ribbons folder.

Last edited by Carioca; 08-19-2014 at 07:52.
Carioca
Old 08-22-2014 , 11:10   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #4

no one here who can help? ;(

for the second problem i found this in the awards_daily.php file:

PHP Code:
if ($image getImage("/games/$game/dawards/".strtolower($r['awardType'].'_'.$r['code'])))
        {

$img $image['url'];
        }
        elseif (
$image getImage("/games/$realgame/dawards/".strtolower($r['awardType'].'_'.$r['code'])))
        {

$img $image['url'];
        }
        else
        {

$img IMAGE_PATH.'/award.png';
        } 
but where can i set the real image names or how must i name the images, that hlstats include them? Is there a special logic?
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2014 , 02:25   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #5

You are right, I do not understand what exactly you are trying to set with your Images. Images for the Daylyawards can be set in the webinterface under Admin -> GameSettings -> GameName -> Ribbons. You do not have to edit some file.

Where you can set Images of the Globalawards I do not know. I have set them a while ago, but how and where I do not know. It has to be somewhere in the adminsection, I cant remember, that I edited some file.

Here is my Awardspage

And here is my CSS Page with over 140 Ribbons

I know, this might not help, but I cant see, why there might be any restriction to ribbons in HL2dm if CSS can have over 140 Ribbons in Standard config.

Last edited by micazoid; 08-24-2014 at 02:28.
Carioca
Old 08-25-2014 , 17:16   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #6

well, you realy dont know what i mean and dont understand...
Look at your stats, there is ribbon class 1, 2 and 3 if you scroll down. this are not even 100, exactly 93.
I am not talking from daily and globalaward ribbons when i say, its only limited to 139. There i only mean the real ribbon class.
And your stats also dont have custom images at the custom awards for daily and global. there is the standart image called award.png. I am sure, its not possible to set up custom images throu the admin panel for DAILY and GLOBAL awards (where i dont mean the ribbon class images)
I need someone who can tell me where i can find the code and path in the specific file for that. i cant see it with firebug plugin and also dont find it in the files. and as no one can tell me, i belive its not possible to change without coding.

Last edited by Carioca; 08-25-2014 at 17:18.
Carioca
Old 08-30-2014 , 05:10   Re: Ribbons limited
Reply With Quote #7

for those who wanna know and have the same problem... the limited ribbons you can duplicate and edit in the database of your provider (phpMyAdmin for example). Dont know if its local problem of my provider or an hlstatsx problem, that i couldnt publish more ribbons in the admin section of hlstatsx and it doesnt show up in the frontend. But know it works

About the other problem, to change or set the path for the daily and global award icons instead of showing the award.png only, i couldnt find there and seems to be somewhere in an php file which i cant find in the php code.

For next release pls include custom daily and global award settings for images. that would be great.

thx.