Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSDM Bots with Knives only Plz?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DesertfoxNick
Old 06-06-2006 , 23:18   CSDM Bots with Knives only Plz?

Can someone help me out? I’m trying to set my CSDM server to spawn everybody (bots included) with the knife. From here I can edit the cssdm.cfg to exclude bots from buying any other weapon. In theory.... _____________________________________________ __________________
You don’t have to read this, but to save you the time suggesting something I've already tried, I thought this would be a friendly gesture to the CounterStrike Sorce Community, so they don’t have to waste they’re time like I did.
_____________________________________________ ___________________

I’ve tried all of these options so far to do a “knife only mode” for bots playing CSDM with no success.

In no perticular order:

Tried: Modifying the cssdm.cfg over and over again. With hints I found from the forum.
Pro: I can modify the spawn points so I can start the Bots off in default, or creepy locations like a sewer. *Will use on my server.*
Learned: Everybody Including bots respawn with a pistol.

Tried: Using homebrew bots
Pro: I could use these bots to learn where not to go, and become better at evading. *Will use on my server.*
Learned: No option for knives only, or no way to force it.

Tried: Existing Zombie Mods
Con: I don’t want users to download stuff and take up bandwidth.
Learned: I must be stupid for thinking these people ever thought of using “respawn zombies” to have an ongoing attack. Why does it have to be a SUPER-ZERG from the same direction over and over again?

Tried:Mani Admin Version 1.2 beta
Pro: Great mod, will use like everyone else.
Why: Thought maybe if I extended the startup knife round it would cause everyone to have knives. Turn on the respawn option... Outcome same as CSDM.
Idea 2: With CSDM on top of it, disabling mani respawn, and modifying the csdm.cfg to not allow bots to buy anything, maybe they would stay that way in a startup round that lasted a long time.
Learned:IT WORKED!!! Until bots respawned with Pistols...... Spawning without weapons must be pretty hard to do? But how could it be any harder then the act of respawn itself?

Tried: Restrict 2 Plug in
Learned: Nothing

Tried: Stripper (Entity stripper program)
Pro: Yay, no more hostages and... well whatever I want I guess. *Will use on my server.*
Con: When I found the entity for the starter pistols and spawned, it crashed the server...
Learned: Not to much that I already knew from making Quake and HL maps, but it was a nice visit to the past.

Tried: Adderall (You all know the drug...)
Learned: Adderall lasts for 6 hours, trying to do all this stuff lasted almost a full day.

Tried: Coors Light (Beer)
Learned: You should really stock up on regular sodas for when the buzz wears off and the Aderall kicks in. Need... water...

Tried: Hanging out with friends IRL
Con: Forgot the sodas.
Learned: Friends can get you some great deals on that Adderall.

Oh and of course I’ve tried bots_knives_only (With a “V” not an “F”...)

Any help is much appreciated, even if it’s a “good” link to start making cvars myself

Even if it's some crappy beta that just makes bots throw they're weapons... that would be a step in the right direction.
Send a message via ICQ to DesertfoxNick Send a message via AIM to DesertfoxNick
BAILOPAN
Old 06-07-2006 , 14:53  

Wow. Uh, did you try commenting the weapons from the bot weapon list in cssdm.cfg?

If so, and it didn't work, I can fix that in the next update for you.
Old 06-07-2006 , 17:39   Awesome!

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Yeah I had tried to comment the weapons out, and they won't get any 'new' weapons. However, they still have the starter pistols. Even when they ran out of ammo for the gun they wouldn't pull out they're knives to defend themselves with. So I don't even really know/think they have them at all. I've even tried to edit the buy menus to add knives with luck. The problem that’s come up though seems more like Valves way of programming respawn itself. Again I appreciate the effort you’ve put in, and will be putting in. Kudos!
Send a message via ICQ to DesertfoxNick Send a message via AIM to DesertfoxNick
BAILOPAN
Old 08-26-2006 , 06:17   Re: CSDM Bots with Knives only Plz?

I've finally addressed this in the next release, via a new 'strip_weapons' option in the config file.