Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Get direction player is moving relative to other player

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-28-2021 , 18:27   Get direction player is moving relative to other player
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to make fist combat a little more complex in csgo (rather than just plain old flat damage every time). One of the things I want to do is make it so that when you punch someone, your damage increases relative to your speed if you were moving toward them, and decreases relative to your speed if you were moving away from them. I will be using SDKHook_OnTakeDamage to check if attacker is moving toward or away from victim, and how quickly the attacker is moving.

I'm not certain on the next step I would take from here. The picture below is my attempt at kinda showing what I plan to do. Blue punches red. Green arrow represents the direction they are running.

I think what I need to do is create a line between the attacker's origin and the victim's origin.
Then, I would get the line perpendicular to this one. This perpendicular line represents the 100% line (no increase or decrease in damage).
Next, I would create another line using the attacker's velocity vector. This line would start from the attacker's origin.
From here, I need to do something with angles to determine how I increase/decrease damage, but I am not too sure on how to go about this.

Last edited by Effeff; 03-02-2021 at 14:45.