Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

View Poll Results: What do you want to see next?
Stats+Ranking System 84 30.00%
Weapon Restrictions for CS:S 34 12.14%
Spray Tracking/Management 27 9.64%
More Admin Menu Customization 69 24.64%
Other User/Gameplay/Admin Feature (Post) 23 8.21%
Other Scripting/API Feature (Post) 25 8.93%
Teleport Menu+Commands 18 6.43%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

What do you want to see next?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

csallis
Old 10-19-2007 , 15:57   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
I'd also like to see an advanced ad system but as I understand it the different mods use quite different systems for chat placement so this may prove a little difficult to achieve to the satisfaction of all.

My game is CSS - I'd love to be able to have ads displayed in chat (as normal) and in the top left panel but only when a player is dead so as not to obscure the radar. Sorry if anyone feels this is a bit of a thread hijack but I have posted this request elsewhere in the past and it's fallen on deaf ears.
There is already a plugin called Ads for ingame ads in the chat area which works perfectly its in the approved plugins section so this to me isnt a big deal. I went with stats as there is no plugins that do the stats and it is one feature thats a missed a lot from mani.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2007 , 16:16   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csallis View Post
There is already a plugin called Ads for ingame ads in the chat area which works perfectly its in the approved plugins section so this to me isnt a big deal. I went with stats as there is no plugins that do the stats and it is one feature thats a missed a lot from mani.
I know "Ads" is available but it doesn't show ads in the top left panel and "it never will" It's nowhere near as comprehensive as the MANI ad system.

I used to use MANI stats and was quite happy with it - but HLstatsX is 1000 times better - especially with Tobi17's SM plugins (so I have no desire to see a SM stats system )
Old 10-19-2007 , 16:27   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
I know "Ads" is available but it doesn't show ads in the top left panel and "it never will" It's nowhere near as comprehensive as the MANI ad system.

I used to use MANI stats and was quite happy with it - but HLstatsX is 1000 times better - especially with Tobi17's SM plugins (so I have no desire to see a SM stats system )
Same here.
nutz
Old 10-19-2007 , 17:08   Re: What do you want to see next?

i like the Ad's plugin fine...works for me...so thats low on the list

I'd say stats and Server Redirects!
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2007 , 17:13   Re: What do you want to see next?

I find it odd how people are requesting features that have been fulfilled by 3rd party pawners (server redirects, weapon restrictions, teleport) - yet there are options in the list that have yet to be fulfilled at all :/
Old 10-19-2007 , 17:29   Re: What do you want to see next?

Sometimes we give 3rd party plugins the chance to integrate into the base package.
Old 10-19-2007 , 18:50   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
I find it odd how people are requesting features that have been fulfilled by 3rd party pawners (server redirects, weapon restrictions, teleport) - yet there are options in the list that have yet to be fulfilled at all :/
For me weapon restrictions is one of the few major things that is lacking. Things with Sourcemod that I find wrong are simply bug fixes and all my other needs have been taken care of by third party plugins. That is with exception of the current weapon restriction plugins available.

The two plugins that are available either did not work how I believe it should or was a bit more complicated than it needed to be.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2007 , 19:38   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweedo View Post
For me weapon restrictions is one of the few major things that is lacking...

The two plugins that are available either did not work how I believe it should or was a bit more complicated than it needed to be.
Actually I tend to agree with you. I now find myself in need of a weapon restriction system and the current 3rd party system does seem to be a little over-complicated to me too. (I'm almost embarrassed to admit as much but I'm really not a novice with regards to configuring my server and other plugins)
Old 10-19-2007 , 20:10   Re: What do you want to see next?

I think the best thing to add would be the Client Setting API because that is one thing that a third party will not be able to create and implement universally. And that would make the server experience for clients much more streamlined. Just like mani and his "settings" client command.

Many of those other things can be implemented with third party plugins. Bugs' Restrict Item will be fine and not overcomplicated once he gets menus. Kill Stats by Deception5 is a great plugin with lots of customizability. Menu customization will probably be fulfilled by pRED's Super Menu once he recodes that.

The only thing kind of lacking is a nice standalone rank system but there are choices out there for us, such as hlstatsx, pyschoreader, and pRED's rank project.
Old 10-19-2007 , 22:10   Re: What do you want to see next?

Y isn't there a vote for all these futures?
Sorry but I would like to see almost all the futures on there
Closed Thread