Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Rates Check

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
pRED*
Old 02-07-2007 , 03:32   Rates Check
Reply With Quote #1

This plugin displays a list of all the currently connected players in the server and their rates.

Admin Commands: rates_list

I know there is already a multitude of rate checking plugins available but this one was designed for simplicity. It has only a single console command to display the players rates info. It features NO client cmds to forcibly change player rates and no constant server polling to check for rate changes.

Many server operators do not want high bandwidth/CPU time using rates plugins (such as the ones I normally play on (games.uber.net.nz)) and this solves that problem.

Rates Checked for: rate, cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate, ex_interp

-e- Current admin level required for the concmd is ADMIN_SLAY, just change the define at the top of the code if you want a different admin level.

Updated to version 1.61 to include id numbers before each name in the list
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (ratescheck.sma - 11217 views - 2.7 KB)

Last edited by pRED*; 02-07-2007 at 21:57.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-07-2007 , 05:02   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #2

to the extent of my knowledge, ex_interp simply deals with how much half-life makes up between talking to the server. Thus you can appear to hit a player and yet you don't actually because on the server they are not where they are on your screen. Simply put, the value of ex_interp doesn't affect the server at all. FYI

Someone correct me if I am incorrect.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Phantom Warrior
BANNED
Old 02-07-2007 , 09:32   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #3

I think your correct Chronic, by the way nice plugin you should add more to it.
Old 02-07-2007, 16:06
pRED*
This message has been deleted by pRED*. Reason: Double post
pRED*
Old 02-07-2007 , 16:07   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #4

I added the ex_interp because someone asked me to to. Supposedly lowering your value makes it easier to hit people (no basis for this statement, just what I was told), so I added it in to keep an eye on it.

I'd rather not add too much more to it. The idea is keep it as simple as possible so it doesn't clog the server at all.
I can always add a few more rates or similar checks but I'm definitely staying away from client_cmds and constant updating of client rates. Theres plenty of other fully functioned rates managers around.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-07-2007 , 21:21   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #5

Code:
    for (new i = 0; i < num; ++i) {     client_print(id, print_console, "%s %s %s %s %s %s", name[i], steamid[i], rate[i], updaterate[i], cmdrate[i], interp[i])         }

This will print players that don't even exist. Use get_players instead.

Also, I think it would be wise to add a # column to the info list. Instead of starting with name, you could start it with the player's id and/or the number that they are on the list.
Old 02-07-2007 , 21:52   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #6

I do use get_players.

in the get_rates function - get_players(players,num,"c")

I used a global variable, so that It would print out the list of players that were connected when you call the function. Because it takes around 1 second to gather all the information, people may have left by then..

I guess I could add the Id nums to the list if people want. Never really had a need for id but wouldn't be hard to add
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2007 , 21:55   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #7

Not in the loop.
pRED*
Old 02-07-2007 , 22:01   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #8

The loop doesn't need to?

I use get_players when I retrieve the info from the players. The first loop goes through players from 0 up to num and loads the info into five arrays.

The second loop that you are referring to just loops from 0 to the number of players and prints the info from those 5 arrays. Theres no reason to re-use get_players..

-e- This plugin has been running on all of ubernet servers (60.234.24.6) for about 2 months and been extensively tested and I have never heard of non-existent players stats being attempted to be reported
noonoo
Old 02-08-2007 , 10:24   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #9

Nice plugin, and a great alternative to forcing settings. This is a must have for match servers that use amxx.

Good work
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-08-2007 , 16:17   Re: Rates Check
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRED* | NZ View Post
The loop doesn't need to?

I use get_players when I retrieve the info from the players. The first loop goes through players from 0 up to num and loads the info into five arrays.

The second loop that you are referring to just loops from 0 to the number of players and prints the info from those 5 arrays. Theres no reason to re-use get_players..

-e- This plugin has been running on all of ubernet servers (60.234.24.6) for about 2 months and been extensively tested and I have never heard of non-existent players stats being attempted to be reported
This is unacceptable and you should run get_players again. I don't think you're accounting for something like this:

3 players (ids 1,2,3). Player 2 leaves. Num is now 2 (ids 1,3). It prints the data in id #2, which is a player that doesn't exist, but misses 3.