Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.6: 6 September 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

Whosat
Old 08-20-2009 , 10:37   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Ok, and how about those arrays? i kinda want to see such code myself and how this should be handled. Never used 3ways arrays.
Yeah that should be it.
Old 08-20-2009 , 13:55   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #122

Wow I missed allot of action overnight, lol. 2 full pages of posts! Anyways, something got borked overnight and its hard to tell whats happening in the game with all the spam.

So, I just did a quick test...

1. I joined and got special ammo (incendiary) though when I fired any weapon the on-screen counter was missing.

2. I slapped myself to 25hp and the bot messages for healing didn't appear (seems to be fixed).

3. With verbosity 2 or 3 the screen is slammed with messages!

Here is what i see with it set at 2:-
Quote:
#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description[Upgrades] You got Laser Sight (Bright Red Beam).
[Upgrades] You got Goggles (See through Boomer Vomit).
#L4D_Upgrade_goggles_alert #L4D_Upgrade_goggles_description
[Upgrades] You got Incendiary Ammo (Bullets cause fire).
#L4D_Upgrade_flashbulb_alert #L4D_Upgrade_flashbulb_description
#L4D_Upgrade_flashbulb_expire
[Upgrades] Say /upgrades for more info on your upgrades
#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_expire

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_expire#L4D_Upgrade_l aser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description#L4D_Upgr ade_goggles_expire
#L4D_Upgrade_goggles_alert #L4D_Upgrade_goggles_description
#L4D_Upgrade_flashbulb_alert #L4D_Upgrade_flashbulb_description

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_expire#L4D_Upgrade_l aser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description

| KrX's This server is running Survivor Upgrades plugin v1.0.9.2

Say
| /laser to toggle your laser sight
| /upgrades to check out your upgrades
| /upghelp to see this info
| /upghelp 2 to see at what times you get upgrades
| /upghelp 3 to see upgrade settings

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description#L4D_Upgr ade_laser_sight_alert #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_description

4. With so much spam its hard to say whats what. Due to all the spam maybe the message is getting chopped, dunno.

In game I see this:-
Quote:
v1.0.9.2
Say:
| /laser to toggle your laser sight
| /upgrades to check out your upgrades
| /upghelp to see this info
| /upghelp 2 to see at what times you get upgrades
| /upghelp 3 to see upgrade settings
0cube
Old 08-21-2009 , 04:12   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #123

Hello,
I like what you have done and I really would apprechiate it, if you could help me.
I did install this the following way:
Delete Jerriths survivor upgrade file out of the plugins folder.
paste KrX_surup.smx in plugins folder.

Now i got the problem that it simply does not work for me. Jerriths file worked and still works if i play with it.
i tried to fix this, but my pcplugin skills are as good as my post counter before i posted this here (zer0)
with not working i mean, i start a server (doesnt matter which mode and dedicated or not) and survivors do not get their upgrades at spawn, tanks witches or whatever. also the text, which upgrade i get is missing (which seems logic, if there are no upgrades at all). I tried this in survival, coop and versus and it didnt work in all of those modes. it really pisses me off, because i wanna be up2date with that plugin :S

So i think I may also list the upgrades i have installed:
infectedspawnguns.smx
l4d_voteguard.smx
l4dSwitchPlayers.smx
mv_l4d_takeoverbot.smx
l4d_ghostpounce_SM1.3.smx
l4d_charselect.smx
sm_did
L4DPointsandGift.smx

UPDATE: I forgot to write, that the console commands, starting with "surup_blabla" are there, i can change their values and stuff.
P.S.:i checked it... and "surup_enable_coop" is set to 1, "surup_enable_sv" is set to 1 and "surup_enable_vs" is set to 0

Last edited by 0cube; 08-21-2009 at 04:16. Reason: updating post
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2009 , 04:42   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #124

DID YOU GET TRANSLATION FILE? If not, get it from first post (read more thoroughfully) and put in "sourcemod/translations" folder

Last edited by olj; 08-21-2009 at 04:44.
Whosat
Old 08-21-2009 , 06:18   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
DID YOU GET TRANSLATION FILE? If not, get it from first post (read more thoroughfully) and put in "sourcemod/translations" folder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cube View Post
Hello,
I like what you have done and I really would apprechiate it, if you could help me.
I did install this the following way:
Delete Jerriths survivor upgrade file out of the plugins folder.
paste KrX_surup.smx in plugins folder.

Now i got the problem that it simply does not work for me. Jerriths file worked and still works if i play with it.
i tried to fix this, but my pcplugin skills are as good as my post counter before i posted this here (zer0)
with not working i mean, i start a server (doesnt matter which mode and dedicated or not) and survivors do not get their upgrades at spawn, tanks witches or whatever. also the text, which upgrade i get is missing (which seems logic, if there are no upgrades at all). I tried this in survival, coop and versus and it didnt work in all of those modes. it really pisses me off, because i wanna be up2date with that plugin :S

So i think I may also list the upgrades i have installed:
infectedspawnguns.smx
l4d_voteguard.smx
l4dSwitchPlayers.smx
mv_l4d_takeoverbot.smx
l4d_ghostpounce_SM1.3.smx
l4d_charselect.smx
sm_did
L4DPointsandGift.smx

UPDATE: I forgot to write, that the console commands, starting with "surup_blabla" are there, i can change their values and stuff.
P.S.:i checked it... and "surup_enable_coop" is set to 1, "surup_enable_sv" is set to 1 and "surup_enable_vs" is set to 0
Omg lah I think I should really put the font size for it as like 10 or something.
Quote:
Translations
Put KrX_surup.phrases.txt into the /sourcemod/translations/ folder.
Quoted from first post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama View Post
Wow I missed allot of action overnight, lol. 2 full pages of posts! Anyways, something got borked overnight and its hard to tell whats happening in the game with all the spam.

So, I just did a quick test...

1. I joined and got special ammo (incendiary) though when I fired any weapon the on-screen counter was missing.

2. I slapped myself to 25hp and the bot messages for healing didn't appear (seems to be fixed).

3. With verbosity 2 or 3 the screen is slammed with messages!

Here is what i see with it set at 2:-
4. With so much spam its hard to say whats what. Due to all the spam maybe the message is getting chopped, dunno.

In game I see this:-
Okay now that is madness.
EDIT: OK I got it.

Last edited by Whosat; 08-21-2009 at 07:29.
Whosat
Old 08-21-2009 , 08:08   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.0: 21 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #126

KrX's Survivor Upgrades v1.1.0
*PLEASE REPLACE OLD KrX_surup.phrases.txt

Code:
* Version 1.1.0
*  - Fixed bots getting upgrades even when surup_upgrade_bots disables it
*  - Added new upgrade event: Reaching safe room (Mimics L4D's def. system)
*     surup_upgrades_reach_saferoom (Default 1)
*  - Added check for bad convar value for Shotgun specialammo
*  - Edited line for /upghelp 3 to reflect Shotgun specialammo.
*  - Changed default value for surup_upgrades_kill_award to 1
*  - Removed workaround for tank's 150hp, bugfixed
*  - Code optimizations
*  *- This release requires you to update your KrX_surup.phrases.txt!
Fixed the massive spammage of #L4D_Upgrade stuffs on chat from v1.0.9.2
Fixed message that survivors got SafeRoom upgrade appearing many times from v1.0.9.2
Old 08-21-2009 , 11:57   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.0: 21 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #127

Well, I played with this plugin all campaigns and there is what I found:

1.Bots get the upgrades that I disabled from the KrX_surup.cfg file. (Louis had 150 HP, Hot Meal was disabled by default and I played on default settings)

2.Kevlar body armor does NOT work at all (I played on Expert and with this upgrade zombies did me the same amount of damage , didn't tryed other difficulties)

3.Oinment does NOT work either. (Was the same speed with less than 40 HP)

4.Smelling Salts works weird, the reviving bar goes full but you still need to keep holding E button to revive or incapacitated survivor won't stand up.

5.Is there a way to make hunting rifle's clip with 30 ammo not 22, maby increase clip size by 100% on hunting rifle only ???

6.Why sometimes healing myself or others with first aid kit gives full 100HP not 80% how it should be?

Last edited by maksimus; 08-21-2009 at 12:11.
lexantis
Old 08-21-2009 , 11:57   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.0: 21 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #128

Ok i got to the testing of mine (v 1.1.0) and the upgrades are working over the map changes Finally! BUT !! when i died it said it reseted mine upgrades coz i died (i died first one of my team, the rest were bots) + Francis lost all his upgrades when he died, and then the whole mission was failed, but when it restarted the failed map i actually got large clip+reloader etc...although when i typed /upgrades and suddenly there was nothing but obviously i had the large clip 15 shells in my shotty reloades still quickly and so.... so it really frustrating, when i realize LOSTING Upgrades is not really working
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
lexantis
Old 08-21-2009 , 11:59   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.0: 21 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #129

edit: Bots healing me seems NOT to get upgrades anymore, but i wonder why the only bot Francis has lost all his upgrades, when he actually shouldn't got any..

=when the bots heal me, theres not any message that they did get upgrade

edit2:
Quote:
Louis had 150 HP, Hot Meal was disabled by default
yeah it seems that hot meal is still broken, i have that disabled by default 0 too, so no earnings of this upgrade shoudl ever appear, but on map change i got myself 150 hp, thats really weird

Last edited by lexantis; 08-21-2009 at 12:04.
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
Whosat
Old 08-21-2009 , 12:09   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.0: 21 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
edit: Bots healing me seems NOT to get upgrades anymore, but i wonder why the only bot Francis has lost all his upgrades, when he actually shouldn't got any..

=when the bots heal me, theres not any message that they did get upgrade
Ok fine I missed out adding checks for losing upgrades as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
Ok i got to the testing of mine (v 1.1.0) and the upgrades are working over the map changes Finally! BUT !! when i died it said it reseted mine upgrades coz i died (i died first one of my team, the rest were bots) + Francis lost all his upgrades when he died, and then the whole mission was failed, but when it restarted the failed map i actually got large clip+reloader etc...although when i typed /upgrades and suddenly there was nothing but obviously i had the large clip 15 shells in my shotty reloades still quickly and so.... so it really frustrating, when i realize LOSTING Upgrades is not really working
Ah yes that is still a problem, that playerdeath and missionlost concurrently firing if you're playing with bots. I'll look into that tomorrow. Its 12:02AM here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
Well, I played with this plugin all campaigns and there is what I found:

1.Bots get the upgrades that I disabled from the KrX_surup.cfg file. (Louis had 150 HP, Hot Meal was disabled by default and I played on default settings)

2.Kevlar body armor does NOT work at all (I played on Expert and with this upgrade zombies did me the same amount of damage , didn't tryed other difficulties)

3.Oinment does NOT work either. (Was the same speed with less than 40 HP)

4.Smelling Salts works vierd, the reviving bar goes full but you still need to keep holding E button to revive or incapacitated survivor won't stand.

5.Is there a way to make hunting rifle's clip with 30 ammo not 22, maby increase clip size by 100% on hunting rifle only ???
1. That's the Hot Meal bug. I haven't figured a way to workaround fixing HotMeal - L4D gives it on its own and I have no control over it, so the only thing I can do is to undo what l4d does. Removing the HotMeal upgrade does not revert the player's health, so I guess I'll have to save each player's health at each round_end and then re-set the health again when they spawn in the saferoom.
Unless you're saying that the plugin announces that Bot has got the Hot Meal upgrade

2. That's l4d's problem. Once again, I have to mention that the upgrades are all part of l4d's internal code, with the exception of Incendiary Ammo, so if it doesn't work, don't ask me. Ask Valve, although they probably won't give you any support because the feature was not supposed to be released and used. This plugin merely gives and removes the upgrades, it doesn't control what it does or how it works.
Its like a parcel delivery service. If you got a problem with the item you're receiving, don't ask the delivery guy. Ask the manufacturer - Valve.

3. As is with 2. Although I must mention that it works fine according to my 3 admins on my servers. 40 to 50 hp should not have any speed reduction.

4. Smelling Salts only speeds up the revive sequence of getting a player up. It does not make you just need to press E and then let go. You still have to hold on and pull the player up.
If you don't believe that theres a speed boost just remove the upgrade and revive another player.

5. As is with 2. I could probably code up a way to do this, but it'll be too much work. Unless its a popular request, I will be putting it at the back of the queue of stuffs to fix and add.

Cheers,
Whosat