Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.6: 6 September 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2009 , 10:40   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #11

Here's Russian translation file. Should be put in translations/ru folder. Clarified to be working by friend who runs dedicated server.

As for plugin - it works great on my modified versus, except for few misc problems (like ammo counter being overrided by broadcast messages), ofc i didnt tested all commands yet.

Anyway, gj Whosat. You made us all happy

EDIT: First bag. Version build 0.5.3 (didnt tested 0.5.4, mb it was fixed). Dedicated server (SM 1.3): surup_enable_vs "1" : not works in versus
surup_enable_vs "0" works in versus. I believe this should be vice versa, but i dont know if it was fixed in 0.5.4. Just check this when you come back.
ALSO: Will be bugging if using survivor skins for infected (not a big deal, though, its solely just 4 fun feature).
EDIT: Ammo counter appears for infected when using secondary attack, but thats only on dedicated. I dont know, this also could be because of other plugins. There are BuySystem installed, which is still have bugs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KrX_surup.phrases.zip (4.2 KB, 204 views)

Last edited by olj; 08-15-2009 at 11:24.
Whosat
Old 08-15-2009 , 11:25   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #12

Workin' on a fix for the enable vs and the specialammo tracker issues. Check PM, olj.
Old 08-15-2009 , 11:42   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #13

cool, im just come back and see this new release. i'll definitely will try it and provide feedback soon!
Great!
illkid69
Old 08-15-2009 , 13:00   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #14

i've tried this plugin on my coop server just now; it's working fine.
and my friends and i like the new award system!

the MOTD window did showed up on every map starts and witch cr0wning issue was fixed too!

anyways, neither my friends nor i get any upgrades after killing tank.
i've checked KrX_surup.cfg and both "surup_upgrades_tank_all" and "surup_upgrades_tank_killer" are set to "1".

and, i agreed with olj that the ammo counter was being override by broadcast messages; i think it's better to put ammo counter as HintText .

Thanks for the great plugin!
Whosat
Old 08-15-2009 , 13:09   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #15

Regarding the tank, that is not the plugin's fault. Its shoddy tank event handling - sometimes the events just don't trigger.

Yeah I'll work on that when I have the time.

Version 1.0.1 going up.
Fixed versus issues and SpecialAmmo counter showing for Infected's attack2.

Alright damn its 1:20 AM over here. Gonna hit the sack. I'll be back tomorrow

Last edited by Whosat; 08-15-2009 at 13:21.
chunXray
Old 08-15-2009 , 14:22   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.1: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #16

since i made changes, it's error when i compile it
Code:
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_HEAL            0        // Compile getting Upgrade on Healing events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_WITCH            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Witch events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_TANK            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Tank events?
#define BOOL_UPGRADE_KILLS            1        // Compile getting Upgrade on Killing events?
#define BOOL_TRACK_MEGAKILLS        1        // Compile inclusion of minigun and blast kills in Kill Counter?
#define BOOL_TRACK_SPECIALAMMO        0        // Compile Special Ammo tracking?
#define BOOL_SHOW_SPECIALAMMO        1        // Compile showing of SpecialAmmo left on top of crosshair?
#define BOOL_ALLOW_INCENDIARY        0        // Compile Incendiary Ammo?
#define BOOL_DONT_RETAIN_UPGRADES    1        // Compile removing of upgrades on MissionLost, MapTransition, PlayerDeath?
#define BOOL_SHOW_SERVER_MESSAGES    0        // Compile PrintToServer(); messages?
#define BOOL_SELECTIVE_GAMEMODES    0        // Compile GameMode Checks?
#define BOOL_ADMIN_COMMANDS            1        // Compile admin commands?
#define BOOL_ANNOUNCE_PLUGIN        0        // Compile Announce at connect that server is running plugin?
#define BOOL_FORCE_MOTD                1        // Compile setting of motd_enabled 1 to fix servers not showing MOTD?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	47573  
Chaotic Llama
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-15-2009 , 15:04   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illkid69 View Post
neither my friends nor i get any upgrades after killing tank. i've checked KrX_surup.cfg and both "surup_upgrades_tank_all" and "surup_upgrades_tank_killer" are set to "1".
Are you manually spawning these tanks into the game? If so I found that to be buggy and wouldn't trigger an upgrade.

However, all of the tanks I killed that were spawned by the game seemed to trigger the correct events based on the cvars I had set. I didn't get to do extensive testing... just in general. Whosat was able to fix most of the things I came across that weren't working.

Be sure to bump his karma
Chaotic Llama
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-15-2009 , 15:10   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.1: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunXray View Post
since i made changes, it's error when i compile it
el oh el
Quote:
// Please only disable those sections you do not use at all
// If unsure, leave all at 1 (default)
You'll have to wait for Whosat to get outta bed
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2009 , 15:19   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by illkid69 View Post
i've tried this plugin on my coop server just now; it's working fine.
and my friends and i like the new award system!

the MOTD window did showed up on every map starts and witch cr0wning issue was fixed too!

anyways, neither my friends nor i get any upgrades after killing tank.
i've checked KrX_surup.cfg and both "surup_upgrades_tank_all" and "surup_upgrades_tank_killer" are set to "1".

and, i agreed with olj that the ammo counter was being override by broadcast messages; i think it's better to put ammo counter as HintText .

Thanks for the great plugin!
HintText is the worst you can think of. It will be constantly before eyes; It will be conflicting with advertisments (you wont see any hint advertisments, as long as you shoting), broadcast (friendly fire), DID (which is installed on most servers and displays damage).

Center hud (above crosshair) is best option, but adding cvar to control where it would be placed or even adding additional chat trigger to check your ammo could be nice.
Old 08-15-2009 , 18:03   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.0: 15 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Center hud (above crosshair) is best option.
Agreed, displaying as a hint message would be silly.