Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

will the inventory be the same in 2.0?

Post New Thread Reply   

Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2015 , 11:05   will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #1

I kinda disliked that the inventory reloads itself every single time you type !inv and then its all based on the connection speed to the mysql server?

before it was instantly just like !shop. will this be the same way as it is now? cause i find it kinda annoying and slow.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 11:51   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #2

I hardly ever touched the inventory code. I did fix the bug with all items popping up one after another. Any ideas on how it should work are appreciated but keep in mind that it has to be realistic. I can't make it pop up as soon as you click the button in the blink of an eye with absolutely little to no connection time because it's pulling live inventory.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2015 , 12:37   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #3

store 1.1 alpha did, and i got a store backend that worked with the webpanel so i could send items thro webpanel and use the redeem code, just like the store today.

and then it popped up instantly when you typed !inv, same as when you type !shop today.
the code is still in the 1.1 alpha store that alongub came up with.

but now as im forced to use sourcemod 1.7 then we're sitting on ur updated version. very appreciated otherwise there would been no store at all at this point, well maybe alongub would updated it once that update came wich would break hes own store.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-13-2015 at 12:40.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 13:51   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin955 View Post
store 1.1 alpha did, and i got a store backend that worked with the webpanel so i could send items thro webpanel and use the redeem code, just like the store today.

and then it popped up instantly when you typed !inv, same as when you type !shop today.
the code is still in the 1.1 alpha store that alongub came up with.

but now as im forced to use sourcemod 1.7 then we're sitting on ur updated version. very appreciated otherwise there would been no store at all at this point, well maybe alongub would updated it once that update came wich would break hes own store.
You have a very half-assed no fucks given way of saying thank you for the work you put into this mod set.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2015 , 17:31   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #5

we're all friends here.
and based on ur first comment, then how did alongub do it in the 1.1 where it popup instantly compared to now? cant you just ask him if he has any idea at all.
even tho its prob not even related to the inventory module.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-13-2015 at 17:47.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 20:56   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
we're all friends here.
and based on ur first comment, then how did alongub do it in the 1.1 where it popup instantly compared to now? cant you just ask him if he has any idea at all.
even tho its prob not even related to the inventory module.
Thing is, the code is very similar in a lot of ways. It has something to do with the items being pulled from the database live because when you open the shop modules menu, it opens from cache.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2015 , 21:13   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #7

exacly, before it made a cache once you joined the server and then once you bought an item it would update the cache, instead of loading the entire thing again once you check inventory.

atleast thats how it sounds.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 21:20   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
exacly, before it made a cache once you joined the server and then once you bought an item it would update the cache, instead of loading the entire thing again once you check inventory.

atleast thats how it sounds.
The problem is the webpanel also does inventory management now.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2015 , 22:48   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #9

well if that means you could see a players items and or delete them and add items to the user (Dont see anything else to manage in a store for a clients inventory) then its exacly same as before.

do i need more facepalms? ur pointing to people being able to check their inventory online? wich will create Alot more connections to the webhost wich again will make the owner have to pay for a more expensive one as most webhosts limits the amounts of simultaneously connections. so i hope its not that or did you guys actually think a little bit about it.

and annyway being the owner of 200+ servers i will guess 1-5 ppl would actually check their inventory online, (for whatever amazing reason) no offense.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-13-2015 at 22:54.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2015 , 23:14   Re: will the inventory be the same in 2.0?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
well if that means you could see a players items and or delete them and add items to the user (Dont see anything else to manage in a store for a clients inventory) then its exacly same as before.

do i need more facepalms? ur pointing to people being able to check their inventory online? wich will create Alot more connections to the webhost wich again will make the owner have to pay for a more expensive one as most webhosts limits the amounts of simultaneously connections. so i hope its not that or did you guys actually think a little bit about it.

and annyway being the owner of 200+ servers i will guess 1-5 ppl would actually check their inventory online, (for whatever amazing reason) no offense.
  1. There's a setting in the backend modules config that allows you to turn off usage of in-game MOTD pages for access to the web panel from in-game.
  2. There's a setting in the same config to allow people to load the modules on a single server with no web panel required.
  3. If you host 200+ servers, you should be able to afford a good host with that as well.

If you want to keep criticizing everything I say and do in a negative way that makes no damn sense and strawmans every point I make then I'm just going to ignore you, no offense.