12% 

[L4D2] LAST BOSS

Post New Thread Reply   

KarnageInk
Old 10-12-2010 , 22:25   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #101

Another new and another copied idea.

New: Caustic Tank
Skills : Caustic Rock - When rock hits survivor, spitter acid will be created.
Arsenic Punch - When tank punches survivor, survivor takes damage over time.
Sulphuric Explosion - When tanks punches ground, spitter acid created.

Speed, health, force values should be slightly higher than the Lava Tank because i think it is slightly weaker than Lava Tank in terms of skill damage

This idea hopefully can be used for last boss and last boss extended.

Below idea is moderately/heavily copied from panxiaohai new plugin, "tankhelper" for the Rock Throw. Maybe need to ask for his permission 1st if ztar is willing to do this. The rest of the skills is inspired from panxiaohai's plugin

Name : Gangsta Tank
Skills : Special Rock - throws random special infected instead of rock. If possible, configure tank to use this skill frequently.
Help Da Boss : spawns X special infected simultaneously when tank takes X damage.
For Da Boss! - When tanks dies, Panic Event created. The frequency and horde numbers should be more than the usual panic event.

Speed - 1.0 (0.95 if rock throw can be used frequently)
health - 9000
force - moderate

This idea should be used for only last boss extended as during finale, specials are already spawning and it will be too hard
war450
Old 10-12-2010 , 23:09   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #102

well, i do like this plugin but it's unlikely ztar will update this, like they mentioned there isp is having issues (i'm not sure why this is)
While adding more tanks transformations sounds great. ztar stuck to 4 mostly i think for balance. (other then the extended tank plugin that added soo many stages, i considered some of the stages ability's very unique like the fire tank in the extended version was overall better)

we could add anther 10-15 stages and have few of them even worth being called anther stage.
Right now, i think the tank stages ability's could be drawn out instead of adding dozens of stages.

who ever is in charge of making the next version should consider almost all tank types have been from nature and there nature based

Currently there are Natural, Fire, Smoke, Gravity.

We are missing Lighting, Water, Wind. they's types of ability's could be defined. but i think we could have a 5th form, before fire that would be water but other then that i really think we could expand on the current tank ability's for each form. perhaps make all ability's be usable on a 6th form? with some kind of menu system?

my idea for a 6th type is all elements that allows the tank to select any element while retaining it's current ability's as the all element tank.

But yeah, my point is the naming of tanks, should remain element based it overall sounds better . but i do like the idea of a rock hiting a survivor and it generating acid .

Last edited by war450; 10-12-2010 at 23:22.
KarnageInk
Old 10-12-2010 , 23:27   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #103

Here's another Tank idea. I got this idea of a ninja tank from Borderlands new dlc

Name : Ninja Tank (or Ninjank?)
Skills - Camouflage. Near invisibility like the jockey perk mod from Tponcho. Invisibility should be adjusted to the point where you can notice tank outline at shotgun point blank range. Tponcho's jockey invisibility was not noticeable till melee range.
Fatal Mirror. the teleport skill from last boss plugin. Although name should be changed. Freqency of using this skill should be increased.
Shuriken throw. Basic rock throw but projectile speed is highly increased

Hp : 5000 - 6000
Speed : min 1.75
Force : very weak. configured such that on expert 1 punch/throw will deal 15-20 damage. If possible, configure survivor fly distance when hit by tank to be lesser or else there may be a scenario the survivor is permanently targeted by tank.

Additonally, my previous Caustic tank seems similar to Lava Tank except for the damage over time Arsenic Punch. Maybe Lava Tank can add a skill.

Skill : Trailblazer. Lava Tank creates a trail of fire for X seconds whereever he walks.
war450
Old 10-12-2010 , 23:38   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #104

pretty sure that first idea is almost exactly like what the dread tank already is except with a outline and with out the trail of smoke it produces...

the other ideas. i think fatal metor could be a skill that could be triggered by the player rather then randomly. there are buttons unused by the plugin that could lead to new ability's like ctrl + mouse 1 or 2 even the E button.

Trail blazer sounds something from anther plugin but yeah, it could fit very well for the fire tank.

I just hope who ever picks up this plugin will make it better . (hopes for AtomicStryker or panxiaohai to take a look at it).
KarnageInk
Old 10-12-2010 , 23:43   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by war450 View Post
my idea for a 6th type is all elements that allows the tank to select any element while retaining it's current ability's as the all element tank.
@war450 No objections elemental tanks but i feel that for each and every type of tank, there should be vastly different strategies to deal with them. I feel there is no point for different tank types if it takes the same tactic to deal with them. Leaper tank isnt elemental?

Personally i edited the Leaper Tank to leap higher think value was 700. It was actually more fun because its 1) harder to shoot, 2) rock throw while jumping has a very random chance to hit. You wouldnt know at which height tank will throw rock 3) hiding behind low cover doesnt gaurantee safety.

Edit : Sorry war450. it seems i was focusing more on campaign while you were talking about versus. My ideas were geared towards campaign mode. My friends and I were agreeing that Lava Tank, Steel (immune to melee) and the explosive tank were quite pointless because of the usual hit-and-run tactics. I mean whats the point of creating a unique tank with skills if they dont ever hit often? The idea of the Trailblazer skill was to prevent merry-go-round tactic.

Last edited by KarnageInk; 10-13-2010 at 00:09.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2010 , 19:23   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #106

Hi

Your plugin is really interesting, but I have some questions.

I have a COOP server with 12 slots, so I need the plugin MultiTanks for increase Tank's HP (I don't use 2 tanks at same time because get a bug in swamp fever). Probably this plugin will not work ok with MultiTanks.

My question is: This plugin just change the Tank's HP in finale maps, right? And what about the other maps, how do I increase the Tank's HP? Because a Tank with default HP will die in 2 seconds with 12 survivors.

Thanks

Last edited by SilentBr; 10-27-2010 at 19:49.
KarnageInk
Old 10-28-2010 , 04:12   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #107

SilentBr

continue surfing the 1st several pages and you can find another mod by this author that is about the same as the final tank. there is a cvar to change tank hp and its stats etc.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2010 , 03:01   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarnageInk View Post
SilentBr

continue surfing the 1st several pages and you can find another mod by this author that is about the same as the final tank. there is a cvar to change tank hp and its stats etc.

SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2010 , 06:16   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #109

I installed Last Boss and Last Boss extend in my super coop with 12 survivors. The players just loved.

Ztar your plugin is perfect, you did a great job. Thanks for your wonderful plugin
ShanXin
Old 02-08-2011 , 21:59   Re: [L4D2] LAST BOSS
Reply With Quote #110

Suggestion

While I was playing survival with this plugin, I noticed another tank standing next to the boss whenever it transformed, me and my friends were like "What the heck?", but we just went with it.
It might be a bug, but I think you should make it one of the boss' abilities: Spawn a tank whenever it changes form or when it uses that Reflesh skill
The tanks might have to be weakened tho cuz the boss is already strong enough xD

Last edited by ShanXin; 02-08-2011 at 22:01.