Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch

Post New Thread Reply   

paul92
Old 09-13-2011 , 09:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #11

Thanks! Now it works!
A suggestion: instead of putting that "vision range" cvar, can you make it so after a survivor has been incapacited/killed (depending on "changetarget" cvar), witch automatically start running against another one? (Instead of replacing her as a non-startled witch?)
panxiaohai
Old 09-13-2011 , 14:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Thanks! Now it works!
A suggestion: instead of putting that "vision range" cvar, can you make it so after a survivor has been incapacited/killed (depending on "changetarget" cvar), witch automatically start running against another one? (Instead of replacing her as a non-startled witch?)
I will try but I can not guarantee it .
bdmj
Old 09-15-2011 , 18:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #13

I just want to say I love this plugin..it's so funny watching the witch going after everyone Keep up the good work
bdmj
Old 10-18-2011 , 15:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #14

With the new version you really should make an option whether or not to display the witch warning message and the start text on the left hand side of the screen whenever a witch spawns.
Newf
Old 10-18-2011 , 23:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #15

it's seeming like the witch only goes through the survivors once, and then goes off and sits back down, and then you can't set her off again. is there any way to make her continue to attack any survivors that are up, until she's dead?

i've got the self-revive plugin on my 8vs8 server, so it seems like she's going after each person once, then ignores them if they get back up, and goes and sits back down once she's incapped everyone once

also, hella funny to see for sure. my players are loving it.

Last edited by Newf; 10-18-2011 at 23:27.
worminater
Old 11-06-2011 , 18:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #16

Not keen on the new version. The witch seems to walk around when she shouldnt. Only way round that is to turn off the follow survivors, but then she seems to never attack.

The other issue is the text appearing. Need to remove that.

When the witch was in version 1.3, that was the best one. If anyone has that, or version 1.4, please post it up for me.

Last edited by worminater; 11-06-2011 at 18:16.
panxiaohai
Old 11-07-2011 , 03:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by worminater View Post
Not keen on the new version. The witch seems to walk around when she shouldnt. Only way round that is to turn off the follow survivors, but then she seems to never attack.

The other issue is the text appearing. Need to remove that.

When the witch was in version 1.3, that was the best one. If anyone has that, or version 1.4, please post it up for me.
If you do not like some function, I can make a convar to disable it .
Did you meaning trun off the tracing of the witch?
worminater
Old 11-07-2011 , 07:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #18

Well when the witch first spawns the word 'start' appears. And this message continues to appear every time she switches target. Whilst I don't mind the message appearing, public players often rage as they then know there is a mod running and they can't handle having more fun than a vanilla game.

Ideally, this message would appear to admins only. Gives us a little warning there is a killer witch coming up

The second problem is when I turned off this 'l4d_witch_chance_followsurvivor' I put it to 0, she decided she would never attack anyone. Even when shot, she just sat there. This doesn't always happen but the majority of the time she will no longer attack anyone.

Problem being though, if I put that to 60 like default, she starts walking around randomly, or moves towards them whilst getting angry, which I don't want.

I just want it so that when she attacks 1 person and incaps, she switches target, which is how it used to work (and I assume it still does), but recent additions seem to have messed it up a bit.

Last edited by worminater; 11-07-2011 at 09:55.
panxiaohai
Old 11-09-2011 , 05:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by worminater View Post
Well when the witch first spawns the word 'start' appears. And this message continues to appear every time she switches target. Whilst I don't mind the message appearing, public players often rage as they then know there is a mod running and they can't handle having more fun than a vanilla game.

Ideally, this message would appear to admins only. Gives us a little warning there is a killer witch coming up

The second problem is when I turned off this 'l4d_witch_chance_followsurvivor' I put it to 0, she decided she would never attack anyone. Even when shot, she just sat there. This doesn't always happen but the majority of the time she will no longer attack anyone.

Problem being though, if I put that to 60 like default, she starts walking around randomly, or moves towards them whilst getting angry, which I don't want.

I just want it so that when she attacks 1 person and incaps, she switches target, which is how it used to work (and I assume it still does), but recent additions seem to have messed it up a bit.
I will fix it soon, wait for my update.
worminater
Old 11-17-2011 , 15:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Evil Witch
Reply With Quote #20

Just seen the update. Thanks!

I'll give it a try tonight and let you know if I experience any problems.